Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

New York Knicks Rumors: Knicks expected to trade Tyson Chandler

http://bucketsoverbroadway.com/2014/...yson-chandler/

It goes without saying that the New York Knicks need to get younger and more athletic for new head coach Derek Fisher.

Knicks team president Phil Jackson has made it clear he wants to do that and wants to acquire picks in Julyís 2014 NBA Draft, where the Knicks currently have no picks.

With that being said, offering up All-Star center Tyson Chandler in a deal may be the easiest way for the Zen Master to accomplish that and that looks to be exactly what he is prepared to do.

The Knicks are over the cap so wonít improve the team much via free agency this summer, but will look to make some trades in addition to trying to re-sign Carmelo Anthony.

The bad part for Jackson and his staff is that the Knicks currently donít have many valuable trade chips to work with, although Chandler certainly is one of them as he is entering the final year of his contract and a rim protector like Chandler would mean more to a contender than he would to a team like the Knicks.

That being said, Jabari Davis of Basketball Insiders believes the Knicks will be moving Chandler this offseason.

No, you cannot throw money at Deng/Hayward. They donít have the cap space. I do think they are a bit more flexible than some are thinking, because I think they end up moving Chandler this summer. Teams looking for a rim-protector with an expiring contract. While I wouldnít have touched Amaríe with a ten-foot pole a couple years ago, heís also an expiring contract as well. If they were willing to take a longer contract back in return, I could see teams willing to take one of those contracts of their hands. When healthy, each can still contribute and would serve as instant cap relief following the year.

Chandler is coming off a down year in which he was limited to 55 games last season and averaged only 8.7 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and 1.1 assists per game.

However he could still play a major part on a contending team and could be the Knicks top trade chip at the moment.

However while it makes all the sense in the world for Jackson to move Chandler, he wonít be giving him away so it will be real interesting to see what the trade market is for the former All-Star and NBA Champion this summer.

vCash
    That being said, Jabari Davis of Basketball Insiders believes the Knicks will be moving Chandler this offseason.
    This is pure speculation by a non-source.

vCash
    I do think this will happen but I don't see us getting much back... He's been injured more then often... I see us getting a late first... Maybe okc 28th or 27th is that what it is? Maybe throw in Shump and get a mid first? If possible

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    If Melo doesn't opt in, I see us trading him, as well as Tyson. Either way we're a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    I do think this will happen but I don't see us getting much back... He's been injured more then often... I see us getting a late first... Maybe okc 28th or 27th is that what it is? Maybe throw in Shump and get a mid first? If possible
    I would LOVE to dumb Chandler and Shumpert on them for Perkins, Collison, Lamb and the 21st & 28th picks.

Would OKC do that? Maybe. They were willing to deal the 28th pick for Shumpert. Would they be willing to get rid of Perk, Collison, Lamb and 21 for Chandler? Maybe.

You never know.

Imagine if we were able to load up with 2 1st rounders, get Lamb off the bench and Perk/Collison will be expiring.

vCash
    You people talk bout trading chandler for picks and young guys; if that's the case then we can kiss Melo goodbye

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    chandler will get moved for gasol that deal just makes to much sense and maybe we could throw in shump for their pick if we take back nash

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    We need to be more aggressive with trading Tyson Chandler than this offer. He is the Knicks best trade chip outside melo and once he is gone, its going to be mighty hard trying to find a suitor for any of our other players alone to improve this team so we need to be a little more greedier.

We need to look at all offers for Tyson and take the best of whats out there for him. Plus whoever wants him needs to take on some of our crap unwanted players packaged with Tyson. I like Tyson a whole heap because he is important piece to any team and it will be sad to see him go, but his knees and back are playing up so it is also high risk holding onto him too. It is hard to find a true top big man center for any team so if I were looking to move him, I would be looking at other top big men that fill Phils system to replace him with.

I do not for keeping any of the other Knick players besides keeping the cheap young ones like Cole, Tyler, Murry and THJR....
    Outside of wanting to keep Melo and Tyson, JR Smith is the only other player I would consider rolling with as a 3 point threat in Phils triangle system

I would actually also like to resign Metta World to a cheap contract because he played for Phil with Kobe and Mettas mindset is tough. Metta never really had much of a chance under Woodson so we did not get to see Mettas true potential. Now that Phils here, Metta can continue off where he left off with Melo instead of Kobe.

All in all, I am really excited to see what big positive changes take place on this team

vCash
    Trade Tyson to Dallas and make them take bargs
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Trade Tyson to Dallas and make them take bargs
    Hmm that's an interesting thought...I'm intrigued. ..what would we get back??
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Knicks trying to woo Melo are not going to sell him on a rebuild in 14-15 with a Free Agent bonanza in 15-16. They MUST be competitive next year. trading Chandler does not make us better.

vCash
    I would definitely move Tyson for the right price, but I don't think other teams will realize how important he actually is. We should not trade him unless another team is willing to take back Felton and/or Bargs in the deal.

vCash
    This is pure speculation based on very little, like AI said.

I would be open to a Chandler trade, but the problem is it would be hard to do that without taking back a long contract, which kills 2015 cap space which really defeats the purpose. Getting a draft pick in the 20-30 range in exchange for $10M at least of 2015 cap space really isn't worth it, not if Melo stays. Tyson making $14M would make it hard to find a deal that didn't hurt cap space.

Then again if Melo leaves 2015 cap space becomes less of a priority because no one will come here without Melo, to just play with Shumpert, Tim Hardaway JR., JR Smith and some rookie because as of now that's the entire 2015 roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Knicks trying to woo Melo are not going to sell him on a rebuild in 14-15 with a Free Agent bonanza in 15-16. They MUST be competitive next year. trading Chandler does not make us better.
    It's a fine line. Tyson is 31, has been injury prone and his lack of offensive game and lack of passing really doesn't make him a great fit in the triangle. So chances are he won't be back next year, why not try to get something for him?

I think Cole & Tyler showed enough last year that we can hold it down for one year.

Use Tyson to unload Felton , get a young player or pick in return.

I think Melo knows next year we're not going to compete for a title, but we can still win 50 games with the right moves.

vCash
    Agreed. I don't see us contending for the title next year either. I do see us being a 50 win team though. I believe addition by subtraction will be what helps us. Meaning getting rid of Felton, and J.R.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Bargani shines in the triangle as the starting 4.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast