Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Michael Pineda expected to be out until at least August

Michael Pineda is not expected to return to the rotation until August at the earliest, Joe Girardi told reporters. He has not had another setback, that’s just the realistic timetable. It’s entirely possible Big Mike will be out even longer than that. That would really suck.

Pineda, 25, has been out since early-May with a strained muscle in his shoulder. He then suffered a setback following an Extended Spring Training outing a few weeks ago and has yet to even begin playing catch. Pineda had shoulder surgery two years ago and guys who have shoulder surgery tend to continue having shoulder problems. He managed only four starts and 19.2 innings before getting hurt.

With Pineda out until at least August and CC Sabathia still several weeks away, the Yankees do not have any rotation reinforcements on the horizon. They’ll stick with Vidal Nuno, David Phelps, and Chase Whitley behind Masahiro Tanaka and Hiroki Kuroda for the time being. They have reportedly been looking at the trade market for rotation help and you can expect their search to intensify in the coming weeks.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2014/06/mic...august-104850/

Keeps on getting worse for Pineda. Yanks will be on the hunt for an arm.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Just saw this. Sucks.

RUDY

vCash
    Bring in Hammel
    Mark Teixeira #25
    GAMESPLAYED- 90
    R- 47H-76 HR-20 RBI-53 BB-44SO-71AVG-.235 OBP-.333 SLG-.446

vCash
    CNN Reporting that Michael Pinatas arm has literally fallen off. He's now taking over for the Def Leppard drummer.

True.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Thought this would be the case after the setback anyways.

vCash
    After his shoulder surgery the chances of making a full recovery were slim to begin with....he just doesn't have a strong shoulder that can withstand the rigors of throwing a baseball.....if the Yankees have a lot of patience maybe in the distant future he can perform again...I would change his role and put him in the bullpen so he can at least try to have a career....I just do not seeing him as a member of the Yankees rotation ever again.....
    Nick

vCash
    Good.

Rest that arm and let it go strong for the final 2-3 months. I really miss him though

vCash
    Snapped my shoulder last summer. Still hurts every single day of my life, especially at the gym. It never goes away

vCash
    I'm not a doctor but I don't see how this muscular injury is related to the structural surgery he had on his shoulder. Seems kinda like if a guy pulled his quad or hamstring after having a knee surgery for a torn ACL. Same area of the body but totally different situations. Trying to think positive here.

vCash
    I would think you are correct wojo

vCash
    Still thinking we won the trade? Jump into your DeLorean time machine and zoom off to next year when Chubby Montero is outhitting Tex and Piñata is in the bullpen.

Piñata is like that gorgeous girl you meet in the bar when you're already with a date. You ditch your date and do shots with the hottie until closing time. Then, you can't believe your good fortune as you stagger home together, take her clothes off and, ahem, do not find what you were looking for.
    And the joke's on you.
    Should have checked under the hood.

vCash
    Montero sucks

RUDY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000:28624941
    null
    the same montero who showed up to camp 40 lbs overweight?

That basically is a DH / horrible 1st baseman?

Caught for using PED's and has been sent down how many times?

Sureeeeee… ..
    Mark Teixeira #25
    GAMESPLAYED- 90
    R- 47H-76 HR-20 RBI-53 BB-44SO-71AVG-.235 OBP-.333 SLG-.446

vCash
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Still thinking we won the trade? Jump into your DeLorean time machine and zoom off to next year when Chubby Montero is outhitting Tex and Piñata is in the bullpen.

Piñata is like that gorgeous girl you meet in the bar when you're already with a date. You ditch your date and do shots with the hottie until closing time. Then, you can't believe your good fortune as you stagger home together, take her clothes off and, ahem, do not find what you were looking for.
    And the joke's on you.
    Should have checked under the hood.
    Well that is disturbing! I hope you're not speaking from personal experience LOL!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast