Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NHL Off-Season Thread (Rumors, Ideas, Small Signings, etc)

Looking over some rumors and such.

- Buffalo willing to aquire players to compliance buy them out inexchange for a first rounder.
    - Los Angeles possibly buying out Mike Richards this summer
    - Ryan Kesler's list is apparently Detroit, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Colorado, Anaheim, and Pittsburgh?
    - Philadelphia will look to move Vincent Lecavailer; will hold salary
    - Edmonton will be looking at Matt Greene in free agency

vCash
    Islanders sale rumor too if its worthy for this

vCash
    thornton and marleau might be traded (hear this every offseason lol)
    marchand and boychuk are rumored to be on the block
    talks of kovalchuk returning

vCash
    - Yeah, I don't think so. Especially after seeing how good the Kings really are. They both just re-signed too. I can't see it happening. I expect a winger to come in too with Burns going back to the backend. Honestly, I see them making a big run at somebody. I actually heard rumors of Marchand going to SJ. Boychuk is a player I certainly wouldn't mind in Detroit. Regular season he looks like a #4, an average one, but in the playoffs, man, a high end #3.

- Is that possible? I thought he wasn't allowed back until he was 35.

vCash
    In order for Kovy to come back, every owner needs to approve too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    In order for Kovy to come back, every owner needs to approve too
    Which won't happen. Absolutely not. If Kovalchuk comes back, it will be in four more years. No wya does NJ alone approve him coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Which won't happen. Absolutely not. If Kovalchuk comes back, it will be in four more years. No wya does NJ alone approve him coming back.
    He will be leaving his prime at 35, but meh look at the performances of Iginla and Jagr.

vCash
    if it was gms voting i would agree, but its the owners that vote on it and considering most owners are strictly in it for the money, if kovy wants to come back i wouldnt be surprised if the owners allow it, the potential revenue and jersey sales+ stealing a star player from is a nice bonus. On top of that with potential revenue being on the line i wouldnt be surprised if there is a 'friendly' nudge from bettman in which way the owners should vote

vCash
    I don't think it's possible for another team to compliance buy-out a player that hasn't spent a season with the team buying them out. I could be wrong but i remember lots of articles here in Toronto suggesting it (to acquire a 1st round pick) but it was debunked iirc because it was against the rules.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I don't think it's possible for another team to compliance buy-out a player that hasn't spent a season with the team buying them out. I could be wrong but i remember lots of articles here in Toronto suggesting it (to acquire a 1st round pick) but it was debunked iirc because it was against the rules.
    If the player was signed before the last cba he can be complianced so the sabres do have some options

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    If the player was signed before the last cba he can be complianced so the sabres do have some options
    My mistake. It makes our decision to buy out Komisarek even dumber then. We could have traded him to a cash strapped team for a more expensive deal in exchange for a pick/spec and CO's both players. None come to mind though so maybe that possibility wasn't there.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    My mistake. It makes our decision to buy out Komisarek even dumber then. We could have traded him to a cash strapped team for a more expensive deal in exchange for a pick/spec and CO's both players. None come to mind though so maybe that possibility wasn't there.
    an example of a deal that could work out for buffalo and chicago is something like this

roszival+versteeg+1st for buffalos 2nd+a bottom 6 forward(say flynn or ellis)

from my understanding versteeg has played bad this time around in chicago and roszival is essentially a waste of cap space for chicago, so the blackhawks move down 6 spots save around 4.5 million in cap space and add a cheap bottom 6 forward, so they can use that cap space to upgrade elsewhere

buffalo can either use or get rid of roszival via buyout, versteeg is young enough where they can give him a shot in buffalo to turn it around to potentially keep him there or to trade him at the deadline and the first gives them an added prospect/trade chip

vCash
    Really liked the Loui Leblanc trade for Anaheim.

vCash
    Really liked the Loui Leblanc trade for Anaheim.
    Wow, taken in the 1st round by his hometown team when the draft was in MTL and traded for a 5th rounder 3 years later. I know it's a hindsight game, but notable players take after him..

Chris Kreider
    Kyle Palmieri
    Marcus Johansson
    Simon Despres
    Ryan O'Reilly
    Kyle Clifford
    Alex Chiasson
    Jakob Silfverberg
    Stefan Elliott
    Tomas Tatar
    Tyson Barrie
    Reilly Smith

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 39m

COL shopping winger P.A. Parenteau. Two years left on his deal at $4M per year. #TSN

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 33m

Whatever CBJ plans on doing, it needs to resolve R.J. Umberger situation first. Umberger asked for trade in May. 3 more yrs at $4.5M per.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast