Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Marshawn Lynch Thread

Discuss.

What do you think our team should do? He is "supposedly" contemplating retirement. Should the Hawks budge? I honestly think this is Lynch's plan to get his contract restructured. I just dont see him walking out on this game he loves.

Seattle fans are always so quick to defend Lynch in any situation, but I find it hard to defend him on this. He is a top 5 running back and he is paid like it. I hate how he is trying to get MORE money when he is already getting paid. What kind of example would that set for other players if the Hawks do end up giving him some sort of bonus or extension with more $.

Overall thoughts on Lynch as a whole? And this odd situation they're in.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Listening to Brock and Danny right now and it made me want to start a discussion on this.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Let him retire if wants. Don't pay more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Let him retire if wants. Don't pay more
    I completely agree. It's insane what's going on in the NFL with players and their contracts. Now, every player needs to be the "highest paid" at their position. It's a process that simply will not stop. Seattle must stand its ground and not give him another dime. For everything Seattle has done for him, you would think and hope he'd be grateful for what has come his way. He went from an outcast to a star and a Super Bowl winner. I love him as a player but if he's going to act selfishly, then I do not want him here. Regardless of the stats he can put up.
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    I agree. He's already getting paid. If it's not enough, let him retire. It's not like he's being paid below market value. Lets keep it real, Marshawn.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I find it interesting that he didn't say anything about wanting more money. The media is fabricating this "story" from Lynch not attending OTA's. Yet Lynch never attends OTA's, and his coaches/teammates are totally fine with that. And all the media can cite is a year old reference of him supposedly telling teammates if they win the Super Bowl, he'll retire. Sloooow news day.

What What!!

vCash
    I think we should restructure his deal to give him a helluva signing bonus, but an option to cut him next year.

vCash
    We need Marshawn Lynch in order to repeat! He is a top 5 RB. Pay the man.

The future is present.

vCash
    We don't repeat without Marshawn. Pay him a little more and move on.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Don't budge because that sends a message to all of the players that recently received contracts that they can renegotiate before the deal is up. This mainly effects guys like Baldwin and Bennett more than ET or Sherman. We can't have this happen. It takes away from our compete everyday. If you budge your allowing players to take charge and start holding out. We have been true to our word by paying those who have earned it and those who we said we were going to pay. We already paid Lynch and as a top 5 RB. I doubt we give him more.

Only thing I can see us do is renegotiate the deal and make it a one year deal. Basically adding next years salary to this year. This could actually help us for the future.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burleson81 View Post
    I find it interesting that he didn't say anything about wanting more money. The media is fabricating this "story" from Lynch not attending OTA's. Yet Lynch never attends OTA's, and his coaches/teammates are totally fine with that. And all the media can cite is a year old reference of him supposedly telling teammates if they win the Super Bowl, he'll retire. Sloooow news day.
    This is what I thought first. But then I started hearing it was more about money. Money doesn't seem like a concern for Lynch.

I can completely understand him skipping camp to be fresh for the season

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    No offense to twitter reports, Big Play Babs and ProFootballTalk, but until tell Beast Mode, himself, says he wants more money, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's never complained about his contract before. He gives full effort every game. No reason to doubt him.

What What!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burleson81 View Post
    No offense to twitter reports, Big Play Babs and ProFootballTalk, but until tell Beast Mode, himself, says he wants more money, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's never complained about his contract before. He gives full effort every game. No reason to doubt him.
    It was reported that he said he "just wanted a little token of appreciation"... Or something like that.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    He had free Fireball. What more could ya want? An entire handle?

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    We can repeat without him..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast