Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Back to the Drew-ing Bored?

Literally adding insult to injury...
    The recently re-signed veteran aggravated his right oblique injury in Baltimore on Wednesday and after a workout yesterday, may need to visit a hospital today for an MRI. The club is determined to get ahead of the injury, if only to get an idea of what kind of return on its $10 million investment it will get from Drew.

“Yesterday in the second round of (batting practice), he felt the right oblique kind of grab him again,” said manager John Farrell. “Whether or not the MRI is needed tomorrow, and even if there’s any question, we’ll get it to get all the information possible. He’s frustrated by it. At the same time, we can’t risk any longer-term situation here.”
    Boston Herald

vCash
    What a waste of a signing.

vCash
    Hindsight...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Middlebrooks should be back soon enough.

Lost in all this is a permanent position for Bogaerts, the one we should be looking out for the most.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    Middlebrooks should be back soon enough.

Lost in all this is a permanent position for Bogaerts, the one we should be looking out for the most.
    He's never going to have a permanent position over the next 3-4 years.

'15 - SS
    '16 - any of these: LF, 1B, 3B, DH, SS
    '17 - ditto
    '18 - maybe he's finally there...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Never should of signed him to begin with.

vCash
    Saying it was a bad sign is total hindsight. When we signed him we were up and down, hovering around .500. WMB was trash and got hurt, we were getting horrible 3b production. By signing Drew we greatly improved production from 3b, and greatly improved defense at SS. We also prevented him from signing with another team and making them better. How were we to know the team would be in total free fall before Drew even joined the team. I also don't understand why Boras would stipulate that he would only spend the minimum amount of games in the minors, that made no sense.

Anyways people say "who cares, it's not our money" when we sign Carl Crawford to a ludicrous contract. Thate makes me want to face palm so hard it leaves a mark on my face. In this situation that is valid, who cares. It would be really weird, but maybe we can trade him to the Tigers for something decent.

vCash
    It's not hindsight on my part, I stated I didn't want hom back and the teams struggles only made my desire to not sign him even stronger due to the fact that I wanted Xander to get a full year of development at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Saying it was a bad sign is total hindsight.
    So clear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    It's not hindsight on my part, I stated I didn't want hom back and the teams struggles only made my desire to not sign him even stronger due to the fact that I wanted Xander to get a full year of development at SS.
    Cool. What about 3B? Did you also predict Holt and company would hold it down? Big market team with an audience as critical as ours can't afford to let seasons get away without making a move to fix things.

He cost us no pick, nor any players to sign. He was a favorite of the Manager and the vet players (who were getting tired of XB at SS at that time).

Make sure you factor all that in before you shovel dirt on his grave.

vCash
    I think you have to move XB Back to SS now. And if/when Drew returns he and WMB can platoon 3B. Maybe the offdays that come with being in a platoon keep them a bit healthier.

This is assuming Holt stumbles back down to mediocrity. If he doesn't, great for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I think you have to move XB Back to SS now. And if/when Drew returns he and WMB can platoon 3B. Maybe the offdays that come with being in a platoon keep them a bit healthier.

This is assuming Holt stumbles back down to mediocrity. If he doesn't, great for us.
    I'm not talking now. I mean back then the situation was different.

vCash
    Drew was a good signing at the time but injuries have caught up to him IMO.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.