Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades

vCash

Trades

The Braves have an average shot at the East and a pretty good shot at a Wild Card. However, I don't think it's likely that they'll win in the playoffs. Does that warrant an investment in talent at the Deadline? Should the Braves sell high on certain assets like Heyward?

What do you think the Braves will do at the Trade Deadline, if anything?

vCash
    we won't be selling high on Heyward, we better keep him if we want to compete. we need a 4th OF that can play CF , we need a better player than Schafer, we need a reliever, a lefty. we also need a better third baseman, but that won't happen because of FW worst move ever.

vCash
    I want us to go after Joe Thatcher of the DBacks personally. Maybe Cody Martin for Thatcher straight up?
    ]

vCash
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28066...l#.U5yNdPldXHT

Apparently we are interested in Samardzija, he will command a huge haul of prospects.

vCash
    In no way possible would I trade for him! Unless he signs long term with cubs then we trade for him. Otherwise no way! Our prospects are finally starting to get solid again with this season play in the minors and our draft. Unless we can get away with giving them (Floyd or harang) with graham and maybe Cody Martin, then 1 or two nobody specs. Hell I would even trade them minor and a few average specs straight up!

vCash
    heyward's stock is not high enough to trade. we need bullpen help and a leadoff hitter (preferably a cf or a 3b)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    In no way possible would I trade for him! Unless he signs long term with cubs then we trade for him. Otherwise no way! Our prospects are finally starting to get solid again with this season play in the minors and our draft. Unless we can get away with giving them (Floyd or harang) with graham and maybe Cody Martin, then 1 or two nobody specs. Hell I would even trade them minor and a few average specs straight up!
    If we are serious in trading for him, a package of Bethancourt - Sims - Martin will be enticing.

vCash
    Trade a starter for a lefty pen arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    If we are serious in trading for him, a package of Bethancourt - Sims - Martin will be enticing.
    That's a bit much in my opinion lol. As long as we don't give up peraza so be it.

vCash
    In our farm system there are three players I would very much like to keep, those being Peraza, Kyle Kubitza and Jason Hursch. I'm not sold on Lucas Simms and feel he could be used to bring in a better talent.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I want us to go after Joe Thatcher of the DBacks personally. Maybe Cody Martin for Thatcher straight up?
    Joe would be an excellent addition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Joe would be an excellent addition.
    I have to comment on Cody as stardust! Cody is awesome and needs a world title at some point!
    ]

vCash
    i know most won't agree an i know the braves won't do this but im selling if im the braves, we could easily have the best farm system in baseball with selling high on guys like j-up, heyward, johnson, and minor, i don't see us winning this year or even next year with this kind of offense we have, we could also trade guys like floyd, an harang. i mean we still have our core players we extended an then we could bring up some young talent like terdo, an others

vCash
    i even forgot guys like doumit, an santana. like i said i know it won't be in favor but i don't see this team as a playoff team

vCash
    No thank you on Terdo. At the beginning of the year I was wanting Terdo. Problem is he isn't hitting at all.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast