Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    47
    vCash
    1500

    What's the fascination with Julius Randell??

    I really don't understand why i read so many people saying we should draft him? To me he's undersized for a pf in the league and when you are his size you have to be able to shoot the three which he can't. He can rebound, his defense ain't that great and his mid range game is average at best. I would much rather have someone like Aaron Gordon who is a great defender and rebounder and a heck of an athlete. His offense game needs work but just his athleticism alone would help this team out tremendously. What yaw think???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    1500
    The more and more I think about it I would be happy with either Gordon, Smart or Vonlah. All 3 offer something different. I know FO keeps saying we will draft best talent available but you cant go wrong with either. I think Vonlah will be gone by the time we draft. With the point guards available in FA and with Marshall coming back possbily Farmar too I think we get Gordon if Boston doesnt snag him. It makes sence seeing the lack of FA talent available to us at the 4 this offseason. Or we can get Smart and start bring back Hill to start at the 4 and get Earl Clark as a backup hella cheap. Either way, the draft will tell us more what we are targeting in FA.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanderlaker View Post
    I really don't understand why i read so many people saying we should draft him? To me he's undersized for a pf in the league and when you are his size you have to be able to shoot the three which he can't. He can rebound, his defense ain't that great and his mid range game is average at best. I would much rather have someone like Aaron Gordon who is a great defender and rebounder and a heck of an athlete. His offense game needs work but just his athleticism alone would help this team out tremendously. What yaw think???
    Took me a few days of really thinking about it - and picking up more info on him - to decide to jump off the Randall bandwagon.

    Of course, I don't want a 220 lb power forward either. Or a small forward that can't shoot. So I won't be jumping on Gordon's either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA. 91506
    Posts
    244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurpleGold View Post
    Took me a few days of really thinking about it - and picking up more info on him - to decide to jump off the Randall bandwagon.

    Of course, I don't want a 220 lb power forward either. Or a small forward that can't shoot. So I won't be jumping on Gordon's either.
    Yeah, I'm not that high on Randall either. However, I think Gordon has a very high upside. He is a Very good Defender and is very athletic athletic. Remember, La Brick couldn't shoot either when he came into the league and neither could Magic for that matter. They were always working on some aspect of their games and Gordon seems to have that same desire and willingness to work on and improve his game.

    Also Marcus Smart is NOT a good shooter as well and I don't think he is quick enough to stay in front of and defend most PG's. However, what I do like about Smart is his Size & Strength, Competitiveness and desire to Win. With his Size and Strength, I think he will be able to back down and post up opposing PG's and eventually wear them down over the coarse of the game.

    I like Exum, but he won't be available so for me it's either Gordon or Smart; or trade our 7th pick to Phoenix for the 14th, 18th and getting back our 2015 Top 5 Protected Draft pick.

    With the 14th pick I would select 6'4" PG Elfrid Payton.
    With the 18th pick I would select 1 of the following; 6'7" SF James Young, 6'10" 240 lb PF Andreian Payne,
    or 6'7" SF Cleanthony Early.

    Btw, Thank you for the 5'7" PF in platforms comment compliment!
    Last edited by #32LakerFan; 06-13-2014 at 04:18 AM.
    Lakers & Our Nation is Tanking


    Emmanuel Mudiay | Jahil Okafor | Cliff Alexander

    2015 NBA Draft Sweepstakes

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #32LakerFan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not that high on Randall either. However, I think Gordon has a very high upside. He is a Very good Defender and is very athletic athletic. Remember, La Brick couldn't shoot either when he came into the league and neither could Magic for that matter. They were always working on some aspect of their games and Gordon seems to have that same desire and willingness to work on and improve his game.

    Also Marcus Smart is NOT a good shooter as well and I don't think he is quick enough to stay in front of and defend most PG's. However, what I do like about Smart is his Size & Strength, Competitiveness and desire to Win. With his Size and Strength, I think he will be able to back down and post up opposing PG's and eventually wear them down over the coarse of the game.

    I like Exum, but he won't be available so for me it's either Gordon or Smart; or trade our 7th pick to Phoenix for the 14th, 18th and getting back our 2015 Top 5 Protected Draft pick.

    With the 14th pick I would select 6'4" PG Elfrid Payton.
    With the 18th pick I would select 1 of the following; 6'7" SF James Young, 6'10" 240 lb PF Andreian Payne,
    or 6'7" SF Cleanthony Early.

    Btw, Thank you for the 5'7" PF in platforms comment compliment!
    Ive always liked re-posting the idea. haha

    1.) 7th to the Suns (in exchange for their 14th, 18th, and 27th)

    14th - Elfrid Payton
    18th - Adreian Payne
    27th - Clint Capela

    2.) Just add Miller UFA, Scott RFA, and Stephenson (or Deng) UFAs

    Pau-Hill-Sacre
    Scott-Payne-Capela
    Deng-Miller
    Kobe-X
    Nash-Farmar-Payton

    or

    Pau-Hill-Sacre
    Scott-Payne-Capela
    Kobe-Miller-Bazemore
    Lance-X
    Nash-Farmar-Payton
    Last edited by Mave1002; 06-13-2014 at 07:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,445
    vCash
    1500
    That's why we must take Smart if he's still available at 7th.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,486
    vCash
    1500
    people just need to stop with the trading down...

    your either take the best player at 7 (my preference)

    or you package the pick to get an established player that is still relatively young.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    2,475
    vCash
    1500
    I say stay away from randle.. He's got major injury concerns right now, id stay away from that if I was Lakers.

    There's no way exum falls to the Lakers. I also think vonleh gets taken before Lakers as well. If vonleh is available at 7, I say take him even over smart. Then use pau in a sign and trade to get him to Memphis and bring in a point guard in the trade.

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    493
    vCash
    1500
    To me, if he can rebound and leap like Kenny Faried he's going to be valuable at the PF - to some team - in this league.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    people just need to stop with the trading down...

    your either take the best player at 7 (my preference)

    or you package the pick to get an established player that is still relatively young.
    Why Vinyl? You usually have good reasons for what you say. I don't always agree but you usually do. So why do "people just need to stop with the trading down?"

    I think it's one of the better scenarios, so I'm curious.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I say stay away from randle.. He's got major injury concerns right now, id stay away from that if I was Lakers.

    There's no way exum falls to the Lakers. I also think vonleh gets taken before Lakers as well. If vonleh is available at 7, I say take him even over smart. Then use pau in a sign and trade to get him to Memphis and bring in a point guard in the trade.
    As was recently pointed out, under the new CBA that last is not a valid possiblity with Pau being a FA,

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    2,475
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurpleGold View Post
    As was recently pointed out, under the new CBA that last is not a valid possiblity with Pau being a FA,
    interesting.. I didn't know this, that sucks for the Lakers and grizzlies and pau. its probably gonna be between the Knicks and Lakers for pau IMO (unless pau will take a HUGE pay cut from Memphis)

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,416
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    That's why we must take Smart if he's still available at 7th.
    this.. then try to buy 2nd rd pick/s







    PLAN B



    SIM LEAGUE NETS

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    686
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanderlaker View Post
    I really don't understand why i read so many people saying we should draft him? To me he's undersized for a pf in the league and when you are his size you have to be able to shoot the three which he can't. He can rebound, his defense ain't that great and his mid range game is average at best. I would much rather have someone like Aaron Gordon who is a great defender and rebounder and a heck of an athlete. His offense game needs work but just his athleticism alone would help this team out tremendously. What yaw think???
    Members of the media (I wont call them "writers" because that would give many of them too much credit) use the dead period before the draft to draw attention to themselves. Putting it bluntly, they're selling something. They know that all they have to do is mention the word "Lakers", and at least 60% of active Lakers fans will fall for their crap hook, line, and sinker. I guarantee to you Mitch isnt bouncing his thought process off of reporters just to see what they think.

    Julius Randle is a power forward. As such, he is comparatively small, has a comparatively short wingspan, and represents the end to the Lakers going after Kevin Love....as they dont have the assets to be able to waste what they do have doubling up on one position. As we have recently learned, it's very likely that Randle will go into surgery to have a screw removed from his ankle immediately after the draft....making him miss any team activity for 2 months. The way people complain about bringing in players with an injury history, you would think this tidbit would be waving red flags all over the place.....and it does, with real Lakers fans. The press, however, the ones who could care less about the Lakers other than how they can further their own careers by using them... see no red flags.

    Aaron Gordon is the same player as Randle...only lighter and a half inch less wingspan. couple that with the fact that he comes from a team who never really played any real competition, and you can equate him to many other "sure things" who turned out to be busts because they couldnt equal their results from college because the NBA is much, much harder competition than what is present at Arizona. Some say he would move to small forward in the NBA, and thats a fair assumption...except that the Lakers will more than likely move Kobe to the small forward position, so do we waste a 7th pick on a player who may not get any minutes?

    The overwhelming need for the Lakers is point guard. We are so bad there that when we plugged in a D-League player there, people were impressed at the difference he made in the teams play. Well guess what? This was because we suck so bad at point guard that by drafting one who can run the offense, play excellent defense, and score when he needs to....would make the single biggest difference over the 2013/14 version of the Lakers. It would free the Lakers up to pursue Kevin Love next summer, and it would give the Lakers a player on a multi-year contract who contributes at a very cap-friendly salary.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    4,133
    vCash
    1500
    Randle is considered a more athletic Zach Randolph. He's a bruiser, inside presence. Rebounds etc. Probably more NBA ready some of the other guys but definitely less upside.

    I think Utah is going to draft Vonleh or Exum whoever is available there.

    And the Celtics have come out to say they like Gordon.

    So The Lakers have a choice between Smart Randle McDermott etc.

    Out of those choices, I think Smart is the guy.

    I'm going to keep pushing Smart.
    LINSANITY

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •