Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question from a Seahawks fan

I read that Frank Gore is fighting for his job. So I thought who could be the guy chasing him? Who better to ask than a 9ers fan. So anyways who has a better shot of taking carries away from Gore and who do you think has the best chance of having a breakout season? Lattimore or Hyde?

I almost feel Hyde might redshirt like Michael and Lattimore did last year.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Hunter is the 2d best back on the team. No idea with Lattimore after injury.

They must like Hyde because of where they drafted him, but I'm not high on him.

Gore isn't really fighting for his job. He's the starter and that won't change unless some unusual happens. He'll get fewer carries but that's simply because they don't want him wearing down late in the year.

vCash
    This is the 1st I've heard of it honestly. I'd have to guess Hyde or Lattimore though. I don't see Hyde sitting a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I read it on Yahoo but it didn't say much on who would take carries away from him. It must be someone who's desperate to write a article.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    I saw a similar headline today. As I read the article, it was actually talking about the fact that Gore does a lot of his cardio training with a boxing trainer, hence the "fighting" for his job headline. It was just a clever way to get me to read a fairly lame article.

vCash
    I doubt the number of carries changes much from last year, tho they do want to take some wear off his tires if they can. So if I had to guess, Hunter will see an uptick in carries (not many tho, it's still Frank Gore), and I can see Hyde getting in on 3rd/4th and shorts or goal line runs.

vCash
    Prove me wrong, but Carlos Hyde seems to be another overrated Beanie Wells. Other than Eddie George and Robert Smith, OSU hasn't really had many good running backs lately.

I have to put my money on Lattimore ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore:28621618
    Prove me wrong, but Carlos Hyde seems to be another overrated Beanie Wells. Other than Eddie George and Robert Smith, OSU hasn't really had many good running backs lately.

I have to put my money on Lattimore ..
    I don't think it's fair to compare guys because of where they went to school. In this case though, I think Wells is a pretty good comparison. Did well in college but won't be able to beat NFL linebacker on runs he bounces outside like he did in college.

vCash
    Gore is not fighting for his job. This is probably his last year with the team, but he will still be the workhorse back on the team this year. Last year, he took 68.9% of the carries (only including RBs and FBs). I see him taking slightly less, maybe around 62% of the carries, in 2014. Let's say Gore gets that 62% of carries. I could see the rest of the carries shaking out something like this: Hunter (14%), Hyde (12%), Lattimore (5%), James (5%), and Miller (2%).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I don't think it's fair to compare guys because of where they went to school. In this case though, I think Wells is a pretty good comparison. Did well in college but won't be able to beat NFL linebacker on runs he bounces outside like he did in college.
    Against Penn State, aka "Linebacker U", he put up 147 yards (9.2 ypc) and 2 TDs. He actually reminds me more of Eddie Lacy than Beenie Wells. Regardless, if Beenie Wells wasn't so injury prone and was on a team that ran an offense that was a fit to him, he would've been a good player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:28622926
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Against Penn State, aka "Linebacker U", he put up 147 yards (9.2 ypc) and 2 TDs. He actually reminds me more of Eddie Lacy than Beenie Wells. Regardless, if Beenie Wells wasn't so injury prone and was on a team that ran an offense that was a fit to him, he would've been a good player.
    I hope you're right.

vCash
    Fantasy football questions are on another board...
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Frunk Gire is beastman.

(lol)

vCash
    Kendall Hunter has been our #2 guy for the past two years, and has really been an under-the-radar guy for us who has been a big part of our success. He has averaged ~4.6 yds/carry and has been a workhorse. You can bet that he will continue to be a big part of the running game.

Carlos Hyde is the guy who makes the most sense in terms of replacing Gore. He has a straight forward, north-south running style that resembles Gore to some extent, and he has that thicker body build and toughness that goes with it. The team is going to give him every chance to succeed and IMO he will 'eventually' be the starter.

Marcus Lattimore is an unknown, who really doesnt fit with our running scheme, but will add a new dimension to the offense with his slashing, east-west style that he brings to the table. I expect the team to utilize him as a special weapon type feature back, and with great success. But I do not envision him ever becoming the starter on this team. But I could be wrong.