Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Bucks summer league Bucks vs Warriors Parker 20pts 15 reb

The National Basketball Association released the 2014 Samsung NBA Summer League schedule today, with the Bucks scheduled to open their Summer League slate on Friday, July 11, at 7 p.m. CT against the Cleveland Cavaliers in a game that will likely feature the top two overall picks in the upcoming NBA Draft. The Bucks will also play opening round games against the Phoenix Suns (Sunday, July 13, at 9 p.m. CT) and Utah Jazz (Monday, July 14, at 9:30 p.m. CT).

For the second consecutive year, the event will feature a tournament-style schedule, culminating in the crowning of the Samsung NBA Summer League Champion on Monday, July 21. Each of the participating teams will play three games apiece from July 11-15 before being seeded in the tournament, which tips off on July 16 and runs through the Championship Game on July 21. Each team will play no fewer than five games during the event. In all, the Samsung NBA Summer League will feature 67 games scheduled over 11 days at the COX Pavilion and Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

The Bucks will announce their 2014 NBA Summer League roster at a later date.

The television “Voice of the Bucks,” Jim Paschke, and Bucks.com crew will be at every Bucks practice and game in Las Vegas, providing exclusive Samsung NBA Summer League coverage including video highlights, interviews and player features. Summer League Central, located at bucks.com/summerleague, will be updated daily and is the official source for Bucks-related content during the 2014 Samsung NBA Summer League. Fans can stay connected to the social media conversation surrounding the Bucks in Vegas with Summer League Chatter, a social media tool aggregating Summer League player tweets and fan tweets with the hash tag #BucksSummerLeague.

NBA TV will televise all 67 Samsung NBA Summer League games, including a total of 38 games live during the event. In addition, fans will again be able to watch, via a subscription-based package, every Samsung NBA Summer League game live at http://nba.com/summerleague and on the NBA Summer League app.

BUCKS SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE (all times CT):

Fri., July 11 Cleveland# 7 p.m. COX Pavilion
    Sun., July 13 Phoenix# 9 p.m. COX Pavilion
    Mon., July 14 Utah 9:30 p.m. Thomas & Mack Center

#The Cleveland and Phoenix games will both be broadcast live on NBA TV.

The schedule for elimination round games will be announced following the conclusion of play on Tuesday, July 15.
    http://www.nba.com/bucks/2014-bucks-summer-league

vCash
    great 1st match up. anthony bennett and their 1st pick vs giannis and our 2nd overall pick

vCash
    Damien Inglis has a broken foot so we wont see him anytime soon.

vCash
    Sean Sweeney, who was on Jason Kidd's coaching staff in Brooklyn, will coach the Bucks summer league team in Las Vegas, Kidd said after Wednesday's news conference.

Kidd said he is looking forward to meeting most of the Bucks players next week in Las Vegas. He indicated Sweeney and Eric Hughes would join him from the Nets staff and longtime coach Tim Grgurich would help out with the Bucks summer league squad.

"It's not trying to keep someone back," Kidd said of Sweeney, who started out as a video coordinator with the Nets. "I think he has the tools that he's going to be a head coach in this league. He understands our system, our principles, so this is a great platform for him."

Sweeney had his first year on an NBA bench last season.

"We brought him out of the film room," Kidd said. "Film is kind of interesting because you can only go two ways, coaching or management. He wants to coach. He's going to be great."

Kidd and Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry talked about how they first met, in 2001 when Kidd was playing for the New Jersey Nets.

"We met at the Cheescake Factory," Kidd said with a laugh. "That was an expensive date."

Kidd said he did have a comfort level in joining the Bucks. He knew Lasry and connected well with Wes Edens when he met the other Bucks owner last week.

"Relationships are key," Kidd said. "You're looking at two very successful people in business and in life. Knowing Marc and talking to Wes once we got the permission - that was the first time I met Wes.

"I could give him a hard time he went to Oregon State. I think it was the Pac-6 when he went. I thought it was a great opportunity and it kind of snowballed."
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/265597561.html

vCash
    Eight more days till we see Parker versus Wiggins first game of summer league.

vCash
    i wish we would have signed arron craft, and DeAndre Kane and LaQuinton Ross for summer league this year! I also wouldnt have mined cj fair but he along with ross would probably have almost zero chance at making the team since we are stacked at the 3/4

Here is a list of the most "notable" 2014 undrafted free agents it also has what team they have signed to if they have been signed...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-signings
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    i guess Melvin Ejim hasnt been signed yet! Yeah he's another 3 but i wouldnt mind giving him a shot. Even with us being stacked at the 3 i think we could have given some of the bigger named kids who went undrafted a shot with our summer league team and if we saw something in them either have them be our 13-15 players on the end of our bench until we see if they develop into something that could be worthwhile. Or we could have even put them on a nbdl team and kept their rights!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Just take that Gilbert Brown kid. Then him and the real Gilbert Brown can be on commercials.

vCash
    cfgardner @cf_gardner
    Follow
    Source indicates Josh Oppenheimer will be retained on Bucks coaching staff under Jason Kidd.

7:47 AM - 3 Jul 2014

vCash
    Isn't it crazy some of these guys that went undrafted? James Michael McAdoo was being talked about as a first rounder if he would have come out after his freshman year (maybe that was more media hype than anything). Even in the middle of this year yet CJ Fair was considered by some to be a borderline late first/early second type of player. Post-season mocks had Kane in the early second range. Patric Young was in that same range, and was a borderline first in his early years.

The worst part about it is that it almost discourages kids from staying in college. I know these guys are all flawed players, either too short for their position, have no real offensive games and things, but there's still a clear message being sent. If you're a flawed, but young player (18,19 or 20 yrs old), teams will take a chance on you assuming they can "fix" or minimize your issues. If you're a flawed college junior or senior ( like 22 yrs old or so), teams don't really want to take a chance on you. Even Marcus Smart is a case study of someone who got hurt going back to school for a year. Granted his situation was unique since he passed on what appears to be a historically weak draft, for a pretty strong, deep draft, but everything about him last year was positive, and this year was the negatives. If I'm a young player who follows the process even somewhat closely, the message is clearly that if you're considered anywhere near a lottery pick as a freshman, you might as well come out right away and take the money, because if you stay and don't make drastic improvements in certain flaws you may possess, your losing a lot of money. Glenn Robinson III is another great example. Was a mid first rounder after his freshman year and ended up falling to the mid second when he actually came out. If he flames out, or is a marginal pro, he probably cost himself a couple million dollars by playing another year of college.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 07-04-2014 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    Anyone catch the summer league game? Parker versus Wiggins?

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/games/20140711/CL...bell:livestate

Parker with 17 points and 9 boards 1 steal and 1 assist.
    Giannis with 17 points and 6 boards and 2 assists and 1 block and 1 steal.

Wiggins with 18 points and 3 boards zero assists and 1 steal and 1 block.

vCash
    I didn't watch the game, but I like seeing relatively efficient scoring from Giannis and Parker. Couple things from the highlights

Wiggins scored at least 3 buckets with Giannis guarding him. Giannis gave up a back door cut, and Wiggins beat him off the dribble for a mid ranger as well. Still, Wiggins only went 7-18 from the floor so it's not like he got lit up.

Sounds like Giannis played with a lot more confidence. He's definitely longer- his length is absolutely insane. He's also gotten a lot stronger, which is nice to see. He was 6'9" 200 lbs with a 7'3" wingspan when drafted. He's now listed at 6'11" 217 lbs, and his wingspan has probably grown to at least 7'4" as well.

Overall, good start for both of them. Long term, they definitely look like one of the top F combos in the game, but they both need to work on their bodies. Giannis needs to continue bulking up, probably to at least 230. Parker was definitely out of shape, and needs to cut fat as well as add muscle.

Hoping by start of the 2015-2016 season they will look a lot different than they look now in terms of build.
    Last edited by thornga2; 07-12-2014 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    Giannis is working hard. Handles look tighter, his crossover is lower to the ground and much smoother, shot looks much smoother than last yr.. On defense he kind of was slacking it, didnt get his hands up sometimes and gave up on some plays shockingly... not sure if he was just fatigued.. Everyone in the game looked really tired tho, guess it was really hot in the gym. Also needs to watch those back door cuts he had a few of those go against him last yr.

Jabari got to work on that shot selection but I thought his first Nba game was a success.. Jabari was swarmed when he got the ball, he needs to pass the rock when that happens. He def needs better conditioning. Jabari really gave up on defense in the 2nd half as he got tired and gave Bennett two open shots in a row granted he bricked them.. A

Johnny O bryant wasnt bad for his limited mins either imo.

Everyone else on the team was really bad.. Also the team shot 2-20 3 pointers awful lol.
    Last edited by dcenate05050; 07-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.

vCash
    Exum plays tonight. Hes the guy im most interested in seeing besides Giannis and Parker. A lot of bucks fans wanted him over Parker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast