Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why is Kobe always under ranked among the all-time greats?

Have we forgotten how good that guy was? Its my opinion that Kobe is 2nd to none other than MJ. Other people seem to leave him out of their top 5 and even their top 10 sometimes. How? Kobe is by far the most skilled player to EVER play. Offensively nobody matches his skill set. And he was a shutdown defender.

I mean how the hell can you seriously rank Larry Bird ahead of Kobe with a straight face? I have been watching a lot of old school playoff games from the 80's and 90's and I always get the impression that if Kobe was in that game, he would be taking over.

So for those of you that rank him so low, why? And don't give me **** about how Kobe needed Shaq and Gasol to win titles. Jordan needed Pippen and Rodman, Larry needed McHale, and Magic needed Kareem and Worthy and everyone else.

Also if your going to say that Kobe only has 2 finals mvps and it was all Shaq in the 3peat years. (Its funny how ppl discredit Kobe like that but conveniently forget about the Magic Kareem combo), don't forget how well Kobe played in the playoffs. Kobe and Shaq could have easily split regular playoff series mvps. Sure Shaq may have had the finals mvps, but everybody knew that the real championship was always the WCF back then. Lakers vs Spurs and Lakers vs Kings were the real finals in those days. Kobe was off the charts against the Spurs. I'm not denying Shaq was the main man of the 3peat, but lets not act like Kobe was just some sidekick.

Then factor in the repeat days with Gasol and Bynum. Don't forget they beat the Celtics big 3 in 2010. Those are the same guys that took Lebron's Heat to 7 games in 2012.

So please enlighten me as to why Kobe is not on Mt. Rushmore to most of you people.

2. 06-12-2014, 11:48 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

vCash
    Good luck.
    Sim League SuperSonics 1 Time NBA Sim Champions

Westbrrok-KCP-Hayward-Nicko T/Noel - Noah

vCash
    Were prisoners of the moment long story short

vCash
    go away
    go home raptors, you're drunk

6. 06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
    Reason

vCash
    He is not underranked. He only would be to Kobe lovers.

8. 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    Have we forgotten how good that guy was? Its my opinion that Kobe is 2nd to none other than MJ. Other people seem to leave him out of their top 5 and even their top 10 sometimes. How? Kobe is by far the most skilled player to EVER play. Offensively nobody matches his skill set. And he was a shutdown defender.

I mean how the hell can you seriously rank Larry Bird ahead of Kobe with a straight face? I have been watching a lot of old school playoff games from the 80's and 90's and I always get the impression that if Kobe was in that game, he would be taking over.

So for those of you that rank him so low, why? And don't give me **** about how Kobe needed Shaq and Gasol to win titles. Jordan needed Pippen and Rodman, Larry needed McHale, and Magic needed Kareem and Worthy and everyone else.

Also if your going to say that Kobe only has 2 finals mvps and it was all Shaq in the 3peat years. (Its funny how ppl discredit Kobe like that but conveniently forget about the Magic Kareem combo), don't forget how well Kobe played in the playoffs. Kobe and Shaq could have easily split regular playoff series mvps. Sure Shaq may have had the finals mvps, but everybody knew that the real championship was always the WCF back then. Lakers vs Spurs and Lakers vs Kings were the real finals in those days. Kobe was off the charts against the Spurs. I'm not denying Shaq was the main man of the 3peat, but lets not act like Kobe was just some sidekick.

Then factor in the repeat days with Gasol and Bynum. Don't forget they beat the Celtics big 3 in 2010. Those are the same guys that took Lebron's Heat to 7 games in 2012.

So please enlighten me as to why Kobe is not on Mt. Rushmore to most of you people.
    I think Kobe is anywhere between 4 and 10. Somewhere in there. It's all opinionated though. Besides MJ being #1 it's all pretty debatable.

However there is some things that you are just straight wrong about.

1. Kobe was never a shot down defender. Good defender, and agressive, but not shut down. Compared to all time great defender like Jordan/Pippen he's not no where near good enough to be considered a "shut down" calibur.

2. Saying "if a player from this era played 30 years ago would of dominated" is like the worst way to prove someones worth. Kobe would be great in any era, but that's like me saying if Shaq played in the 80's he'd score 50 a game. It isn't relevant.

3. I don't have Kobe as higher than 7 on my list of top 10 just because simply he was really only great at one thing. Offense. I mean he's fantastic at it, but he's just not a complete player IMO. Also I honestly don't think he wins as many chips if Phil Jackson doesn't come back, or Shaq isn't on his team... Not a jab, but he was a difficult guy to get a long with, and Phil Jack seemed to be the only one to tame that monster ego especially early in his career.

4. Does it matter? I mean besides Jordan everyone's top 10 is completely different. I still don't know to this day how Magic Johnson is so damn overrated, but hey! Everyone and their mom seems to have him to 5 and IMO he's not even close, and then you'll see people not have Wilt in their top 10.

10. 06-12-2014, 12:10 PM
    Reason

11. 06-12-2014, 12:10 PM
    Reason

12. 06-12-2014, 12:12 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Blueforyou View Post
    If your trying to rank all time players it's kind of tough if you can't talk about other players . I don't think this page will be productive for too long.
    I understand that, but he's not talking about other players he's baiting/trolling. All he's done since I joined this site.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iou1L27tyZI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps

Kobe was most certainly a shutdown defender....at least when he needed to be.

And how is he not complete? He could do everything. Yea scoring may be his thing, but if he wants he can give you 15 assists a night. Game 7 of the 2010 finals is a great example of Kobe being a complete player. He was struggling majorly with his shot that night, but being the great player that he is, he found other ways to contribute and grabbed 15 boards.

No doubt he doesn't have as many rings without Shaq, but everyone needs some help to win a ring. But he also did go on a drought period without any help (05-07). If he had some help there I could see him getting a ring.

vCash
    Kobe is not even a top 25 player of all time.
    Last edited by GiantsSwaGG; 06-12-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Most people have Kobe around 10th all time. That's not underrated dude. That's pretty high.

17. 06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
    Reason

vCash
    Q: Why is Kobe always under ranked among the all-time greats?

A: To you, he's always under-ranked because you think he's the second best player ever. Soo...that's on you. Since you think that, unless people agree with you, you're going to see them as "underrating" him, whether or not they actually are.

There are good cases to rank Kobe anywhere from probably 4 to 12 or something. IDK. But it's hard to rank guys across different eras. People go about it different ways...and there might not actually always be an absolutely "correct" answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hail2skins4life View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iou1L27tyZI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps

Kobe was most certainly a shutdown defender....at least when he needed to be.

And how is he not complete? He could do everything. Yea scoring may be his thing, but if he wants he can give you 15 assists a night. Game 7 of the 2010 finals is a great example of Kobe being a complete player. He was struggling majorly with his shot that night, but being the great player that he is, he found other ways to contribute and grabbed 15 boards.

No doubt he doesn't have as many rings without Shaq, but everyone needs some help to win a ring. But he also did go on a drought period without any help (05-07). If he had some help there I could see him getting a ring.
    You tube video's do nothing for me man. I mean the key word here is shutdown...

In my opinion a shutdown defender is someone that constantly brings it. Kobe is disadvantaged at his size, and defense has a lot to do with natural ability, and Kobe isn't the most athletically gifted player, but comparable to some of the great defenders of the last 30 years he's just not their IMO.

Just because he has a game when he gets 15 assists doesn't mean he's a great playmaker. I'm pretty sure he has the worst points to assist ration in the history of the game. Kobe's strength is as a attacker. A straight ninja offensively when he wants to be.
    Last edited by Acclaimed; 06-12-2014 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Q: Why is Kobe always under ranked among the all-time greats?

A: To you, he's always under-ranked because you think he's the second best player ever. Soo...that's on you. Since you think that, unless people agree with you, you're going to see them as "underrating" him, whether or not they actually are.

There are good cases to rank Kobe anywhere from probably 4 to 12 or something. IDK. But it's hard to rank guys across different eras. People go about it different ways...and there might not actually always be an absolutely "correct" answer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JttE4UT74k

Hubie brown discussing the topic of different eras.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Kobe is not even a top 25 player of all time.
    ignorant

vCash
    If you have Kobe top 5 all time, then it's likely a homer Kobephile. 6-12 is fair game, and 13+ is likely a hater.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast