Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

New Orleans Pelicans Offseason

So it should be interesting.... obviously our biggest needs are-
    A C(Center) that can go well with Davis.
    A SF like a Parsons, Leonard type skillset.
    Getting rid of Gordon, I am officially off the Gordon train, and he is more valuable now then he has been for a while, since his contract is less big, and he is healthy.

I think Rivers and Withey will play big parts in our future, both are very good role players. Rivers next to Morrow is deadly, if we can incorporate Roberts in there, it'd be even better.

We are draft pickless, but hopefully we trade into the late first round, early second round.

I love Ryno, and his unique skills, but if we find the right trade, I am all for it.

Sadly I dont see us firing Monty Williams either, which is a bummer but oh well.

Jrue-Evans-Aminu(wish it was anyone else in the world)-DAVIS-Ajinca/Withey is more or less how I prefer we look with our starters..

With Roberts, Rivers, Morrow, Withey/Ajinca and RYNO coming off the bench.

This is our friend- http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nba/

We do have a MLE to use, so its decent.

I wouldnt mind Hawes as our C, he is a FA, hopefully doesn't command tooo much.

SF... blah, not a great pool.

TRADE GORDON!

Also some improvements for this season I hope to see...

Jrue, finding a way to cut his turnovers down.
    Tyreke, working on his mid range, and defense.
    Davis, bulk up, which he did actually, a little bit more than I am happy.
    Withey, strength... he has been putting in work at the weight room
    Rivers.... free throws... PLEAAASSEEE<3

Our team is still young, and is full of talent... this should be fun.
    Also we will be getting another jersey coming our this summer... probably all red, or gold.

vCash
    GREAT POST!
    I love it, agree 100%
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Thank you, and even though we don't have much money to work with, I see Demps making this another big offseason.

vCash
    I'm all for this. Bring on draft day!!

vCash
    Apparently we are interested in Blatche and him in us.

Also We are one of the teams trying to get a pick.

vCash

vCash
    Am I the only one not on the Blatche train?

vCash
    I hate Blatche as a player, especially a starter. Same with Hawes. Both of them are sort of redundant - Ryno gives us what they bring to the table. I think a center like the Plumlees would be very good for us. Big and tough enough to bang with guys, high enough IQ to not be a black hole on offense, and lots of hustle plays. Maybe we already have that in Withey, but I was never overly impressed with him in college except on the defensive end.

I agree on getting rid of Gordon, if we can manage it somehow. I'd prefer to keep Tyreke another year after his good finish, but it's clear he's going to need to be a significant ball-handler in order to be effective.

For both Evans and Aminu I would really like to see them develop respectable corner 3s. Aminu, that may never happen - but Tyreke is perfectly capable of it. He's too much of a low-IQ player off-ball and we don't have a good enough coach for him to really become an effective cutter and off-ball scorer like Shawn Marion (which was my hope for him before last season).

Rivers, I don't know. I think he'll be a decent role player but if another team wants to give us a 15-25 pick in the 1st round this year for him then I would take it. We already have enough ballhandlers/combo guards. Hard to sort of give up on a lottery pick like that, but something has to give when we have Holiday, Evans, Roberts, Gordon, and Rivers all vying for minutes and none of them are great spot-up shooters.

vCash
    I keep forgetting about Jason Smith, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642:28626198
    I keep forgetting about Jason Smith, lol
    Because he cant stay on the floor lol

vCash
    Lmao true, at least he is better than the Steamer

vCash
    With the team being built around future SuperStar Anthony Davis this team is on the right track! ?

vCash
    One would hope, but hopefully we can build the right team around him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtirado16 View Post
    With the team being built around future SuperStar Anthony Davis this team is on the right track! ?
    Lets just say as fans, we are cautiously optimistic. We've been delt this hand before with a Chris Paul. Hopefully we've learned from past mistakes. We are trading for and acquiring young experienced talent (Holiday, Evans) unlike the past where we would get old aging vets (Peja, Posey, Pete). The key is to not tie up ourselves in bad contracts. While most would probably say we mortgaged our future with the Holiday and Evans deals, I disagree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    Lets just say as fans, we are cautiously optimistic. We've been delt this hand before with a Chris Paul. Hopefully we've learned from past mistakes. We are trading for and acquiring young experienced talent (Holiday, Evans) unlike the past where we would get old aging vets (Peja, Posey, Pete). The key is to not tie up ourselves in bad contracts. While most would probably say we mortgaged our future with the Holiday and Evans deals, I disagree.
    Put Gordon in there too. I know we are trying to trade him, but until he starts playing up to his contract or at least can stay on the floor than he will be tough to move. The Jrue trade is starting to look like a disaster too. I mean say we would have picked MCW or Trey Burke (and lived with their growing pains) and did comparable to last season at least we could all be looking forward to a 1st rounder. Honestly I would have rather kept Greiveis and work on building through the draft rather than mortgage the future on Holiday and Evans.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast