Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Spezza requests trade

vCash
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=722478

vCash
    Likely back to a rebuild for Ottawa. Could see Bobby Ryan traded at the deadline too.

IMO I think Chicago, Detroit, Anaheim, Columbus, Minnesota, Washington, and Winnipeg all make sense. Probably cut Winnipeg and Washington. Chicago, Detroit, and Anaheim are three teams rumored in on Kesler too.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 06-11-2014 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    This is 99% not gona happen, but Toronto is a fit lol.

vCash
    Bobby Ryan being a NJ guy could have been nice if he wasn't born in Flyer country.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    He'd make a nice 3rd line center in Boston

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    If Grabo doesn't re-sign. I could easily see GM BMac making a statement move right away at the draft.
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    "Summer can be a distraction if there's somebody that asks for a trade request...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxJzdVYtXY
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    There was some talk about the Sabres having an inside track with the GM family connection... but unless they could get Spezza to sign long term, no point in it.

Maybe if Pitt decides to shake up the roster a little they could make moves for him. Think it would be another bad move unless Fleury is part of the deal, and Ottawa probably doesn't want Fleury but...

Not sure if this automatically means Ottawa is rebuilding though. They could swap value for value and get a good player back potentially, rather than picks and prospects.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    If Ottawa is going to rebuild they might as well trade both Spezz and Ryan. If they are going to do that they can ship Bobby to Boston

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    honestly spezza has been a whipping boy in ottawa (sucks because he is at this moment our best offensive forward), but due to his whipping boy status it wont be a big deal if and when he is traded. However considering Ryan was the counter move to Alfie leaving and is our first star winger in a long *** time, i wouldnt be surprised if we give Ryan 8 million a year (overpayment i know) just to make sure he resigns or else there will be a riot in ottawa (i will lead it).

dont think ottawa is trading Spezza for future pieces and we are set in terms of centers so i think the key piece is that we need to get atleast 1 top 6 winger back for spezza, if not 2 top 6 wingers even if we need to add to spezza

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
    Trade-Zibanejad-Stone/Trade

not the best top 6 but its passable i guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    honestly spezza has been a whipping boy in ottawa (sucks because he is at this moment our best offensive forward), but due to his whipping boy status it wont be a big deal if and when he is traded. However considering Ryan was the counter move to Alfie leaving and is our first star winger in a long *** time, i wouldnt be surprised if we give Ryan 8 million a year (overpayment i know) just to make sure he resigns or else there will be a riot in ottawa (i will lead it).

dont think ottawa is trading Spezza for future pieces and we are set in terms of centers so i think the key piece is that we need to get atleast 1 top 6 winger back for spezza, if not 2 top 6 wingers even if we need to add to spezza

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan

Finding a team to give up a top 6 for Spezza's 1 year will be tough. The only way someone might do it is to either A) get out from a contract or B) the top 6 only has 1 year left as well. I see what your saying about Bobby Ryan, but is he really going to re-sign if Ottawa goes into a rebuild?

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan

Well... UFAs for 2015 according to CapGeek:

Spezza
    Toews
    Kane
    St. Louis
    Horcoff
    Jagr
    Krejci
    Bobby Ryan
    Havlat
    Malone
    Erat
    Fleischmann
    Cole
    Booth
    Dubinsky
    Fisher
    Stewart
    Stafford
    Briere

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...F&fa_type_id=2

Only thing I see there close to an even swap would be Spezza for Krejci, and I doubt that would ever happen.

Will be interesting to see what happens on the front end for Chicago. Of the top 8 UFA forwards in 2015, Chicago has their top two and Ottawa has their top two.

In terms of RFAs, Yakupov and Galchenyuk are up in 2015. Not sure Edmonton needs Spezza though. Would have to be a multiplayer deal. Galchenyuk playing for Montreal probably goes into the no trade zone, but would be interesting.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Finding a team to give up a top 6 for Spezza's 1 year will be tough. The only way someone might do it is to either A) get out from a contract or B) the top 6 only has 1 year left as well. I see what your saying about Bobby Ryan, but is he really going to re-sign if Ottawa goes into a rebuild?
    1 year at 4 million actual salary and a high cap hit imo makes it a great contract to trade for especially teams that arent looking to spend a lot of money but are close enough to take the next step (anaheim,st.louis,nashville with there new offensive style etc) plus i do think that if spezza got away from a hockey crazed market he would do better and with all the **** ottawa fans have put him through i wouldnt be surprised if he resigned where ever he was traded as long as he is going to be treated decently.

the top 6 forward would have to be a person with 2 or more years left or a young forward with upside that can potentially make the move to be a top 6 forward next season. if someone wants to give us an established top 6 forward that would be great lol but im fully expecting it to be a young guy who can be a top 6 forward potentially as early as next season

i expect a spezza deal to be exactly like the ryan deal, i know ryan had 2 years left on his contract vs spezzas 1 but spezza is also a 1C and one of the better offensive centers in the league so i think he should be able to command equal value

As for ryan, so far he is saying all the right things, do i think he will take a discount to stay in ottawa no but do i think he will resign yes. Reason being is that even by losing spezza and hemsky we arent necessarily going into a rebuild, out of our FA's right now we only really have to resign Lehner (probably gets around 1.5 mill), the expected cap floor for next season is about 56 mill. No matter how cheap our owner wants to be that leaves us around 10 mill to spend. 2-3 mill will be spent in getting a forward in the spezza deal so we can add 7 million worth of talent to our team for next year. Not the best position to be in but with that and potentially our young guys taking a step we could take a step forward. Atleast thats how the teams going to be marketed to the fans in ottawa, im going to wait until after the spezza deal and the first week of FA to make a decision

vCash
    I could have swore i posted a trade between Ottawa and St.Louis in here. Guess not.

Spezza + Cowen for Shattenkirk + Berglund?

EDIT: Mock/Fantasy trade BTW, just in case.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 06-12-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast