Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Preliminary Brooklyn Cyclones Roster

Another season of Brooklyn Cyclones baseball is upon us, and on June 10th, players arrived at MCU Park and caught a glimpse of their new home for the summer. As always, there is a grand mixture of faces, some old and some new.

Leading off with the coaching staff, the Cyclones will be led by an almost entirely new set of coaches. After taking some time off from baseball, Tom Gamboa is making his return to the game and will be managing this year’s team. At his side are Tom Signore and Benny Distefano. Signore just wrapped up an eight-year stretch with the Toronto Blue Jays organization and will be Brooklyn’s pitching coach. Meanwhile, Distefano will be returning to the role he served in 2010 as the Cyclones’ hitting coach.

The Cyclones will be welcoming back a handful of players that are making their return to Brooklyn this year including Shane Bay, Carlos Valdez, Anthony Chavez, Tomas Nido, and Dimas Ponce.

Last week, the Major League Baseball draft was held in Secaucus, NJ. Three picks made by the New York Mets will be wearing Cyclones uniforms this season. Making their debuts in Cyclones uniforms are, pitcher Brad Wieck (Oklahoma State University), outfielder Tucker Tharp (Kansas University), and catcher Tyler Moore (Louisiana State University).

One of the highlights of this year’s roster is Amed Rosario. After a great season with the Kingsport Mets in the Appalachian League, Rosario was named the “Best Prospect in the Appalachian League,” and was listed as the seventh top prospect in the Mets organization by Baseball America.

Other Kingsport players joining Rosario are pitchers: Alberto Baldonado, Corey Oswalt, Juan Urbina, Edioglis Villasmil, and Brandon Welch. From the infield is Jeffrey Diehl, and Michael Bernal and Joe Tuschak will be in the outfield. Last but not least, Adrian Abreu will be behind the plate at catcher.

A handful of players who played with the Gulf Coast League will also be making a debut with the Cyclones this season. Pitchers Gaither Bumgardner, Casey Meisner, and Marcos Molina. In the infield is Jhoan Ureña, while Luis Arrizurieta will be catching.

The roster is expected to undergo a few other minor changes before the season starts this Friday. Opening Day at MCU Park is this Saturday with the Cyclones taking on the Staten Island Yankees.
    http://www.brooklyncyclones.com/news/?article_id=1790

I assume Conforto will be playing LF when he signs, which should be soon according to SA.

vCash
    I am really excited for Casey Meisner. Will he start or pitch in relief initially?

vCash
    I would be absolutely shocked if he's not starting.

This should be a very exciting team. I plan to go to several games.

vCash
    Where is Juan? Man he never got it going.

Oh is see him. Geez.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-11-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Good news for you brad, Casey Meisner is starting Saturday 6/14/2014 in Brooklyn home opener , just to let u know.
    Blake Meisner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Txbugfree View Post
    Good news for you brad, Casey Meisner is starting Saturday 6/14/2014 in Brooklyn home opener , just to let u know.
    Blake Meisner
    Wow that's awesome! Congrats to your son/brother?! I'll definitely have to catch one of his starts this year.

vCash
    Where is Ivan Wilson going to play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Where is Ivan Wilson going to play?
    GCL or Kingsport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Wow that's awesome! Congrats to your son/brother?! I'll definitely have to catch one of his starts this year.
    Thanks brad,he's my son and unfortunately they won't carry any of the games on tv ir Internet so I'll b listening and visiting on july 1-7th

vCash
    Wilson is going to k-port

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Txbugfree View Post
    Thanks brad,he's my son and unfortunately they won't carry any of the games on tv ir Internet so I'll b listening and visiting on july 1-7th
    Very cool man! You should be proud. I wish your son the best! Hope he has a great year.

vCash
    I am trying to be there opening day.

vCash
    From what I have read up on, Meisner seems like he has a chance to develop into one of our next top pitching prospects. I'll definitely make it out to Brooklyn for some games this year, it always makes for a fun time.

vCash
    I live in BK so I always catch a couple of games. Definitely going to try and catch a Casey Meisner game now. How could I not, his dad is on PSD!

vCash
    The dad of another prospect posted ere as well, but he rather keep himself anonymous, so I will respect that, but it's cool to have a couple of fathers of prospects post here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast