Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Champ Bailey You disgust me................................................ ..........

As a Life long Redskin's fan this whole argument about our name is utter bull s**t. Our Proud club and 3 Time Super Bowl Champions are going into their 88th Season and the Redskin name and Logo has and always will be a tribute to the Native Americans (who if i am not mistaken traded most of their land for alcohol or had it taken from them by the very same people that now try and defend them 'The Politicians')

It also really infuriates me when former players (ie Champ Bailey) now decide to come out and say its as bad as the 'N' word......... so Mr.Bailey it did not bother you in the years we filled your bank account with millions of dollars paid for by us the fans that supported you and that name did it ?????????????????????????????

Also Mr.Bailey i would hazard a guess that in your CD collection at home their are several albums from artists that habitually use the word beginning with 'N' in their lyrics ummmmmmmmmm 'pot kettle black comes to mind' oh wait can I say that or am I being racist..............

Sorry to rant but Mr.Snyder and the Redskins foundation has done nothing but show this name with Pride and Tradition not to mention the millions of dollars the team donates to help the less fortunate which include many Native Americans, so to all the politicians out their shut ya traps and turn your attention to the real bigots of the world thats right look in the mirror!

Rant Over

Regards

Lawrence Grugeon UK based Washington Redskins fan and Proud HTTR

P.S I'll be at the Indianapolis Game over thanksgiving so if your in the City be good to get with some fellow Proud Redskins fans and watch some football and show the Nation we wear our logo and colours with pride

vCash
    I'm so tired of all these fools coming back to this....the discussion is OVER as far as I'm concerned..HTTR !!!!!!

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    It'll only ever be over if Snyder and the rest of the organization keep their mouths shut whenever these idiots keep bringing it up. If you want it to die, you have to let it die.

vCash
    Bailey should stick to cheating on his wife.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

5. 06-11-2014, 11:13 PM
    Reason
    Trolling - SFrush90

vCash
    That'll surely get it done, as we have the power and influence to make a difference.

vCash
    Says the guy with the Vikings Avatar... If we have to change our name the Vikings should absolutely have to

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Reported for bypassing censor.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    He's saying what a lot of people are saying. Snyder won't change it without a fight.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Says the guy with the Vikings Avatar... If we have to change our name the Vikings should absolutely have to
    Why is that? The name Vikings refers to an actual group of people who's decendants settled Minnesota and owned the team. There was no Native American owner of the R-words. But if for some illogical reason the NFL said the Vikings name had to go, I'd get over it, it's a freaking mascot you'd lose, not the damn football team.

The R-word is a generic racial term demeaning to a class of people. I'm guessing if Atlanta got a new team and tried to name it the Blackskins, the NFL might think otherwise.

Champ was brave. Good for him.

vCash
    The Vikings logo is a stereotypical depiction of people of Scandinavian descent.

All northern Europeans should find the Vikings logo offensive, therefore it must be changed.

Vikings didn't even wear horned helmets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    The Vikings logo is a stereotypical depiction of people of Scandinavian descent.

All northern Europeans should find the Vikings logo offensive, therefore it must be changed.

Vikings didn't even wear horned helmets!
    Bingo, not all Scandinavian people invaded villages and ate people.... there is probably a small percent somewhere that doesn't like the name
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 06-18-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    "You wouldn't walk up to a native and call them a Redskin"

Uhh well it's not acceptable to walk up to a New Yorker and call them a Yankee either.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish is actually a racial stereotype and everytime it gets brought up, people just laugh it off.

vCash
    I just feel like it's actually inevitable at this point and we should just change the name. I absolutely don't want to change it but I can't stand the bs anymore.

Every name change suggested seems lame to me so I say just embrace team history and let's become the Hogs. Get rid of all Native American affiliation and keep the Burgundy and Gold. Have a huge pool of mascots designed and have a fan vote for logo. Jerseys would remain similar and this is all over with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2:28641960
    "You wouldn't walk up to a native and call them a Redskin"

Uhh well it's not acceptable to walk up to a New Yorker and call them a Yankee either.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish is actually a racial stereotype and everytime it gets brought up, people just laugh it off.
    I was just about to bring up these same things. Pretty soon vikings will be gone because its offensive to people's ancestor's that they killed and overtook. Cowboy's because those are most lined up with people that killed indians, I.e. cowboys and indians. The list could go on.

vCash
    Hogs seems acceptable. A listener on the radio today said change it to Washington Americans and keep the Indian logo, because they were the first Americans. I wonder how many people that would piss off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast