Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Christine Michael the most gifted RB of the past 5 drafts?

A former NFL scout seems to think so:

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN Jun 9
    When Christine Michael gets his chance regular season '14, provided he's healthy, he'll show he's the most gifted RB drafted in past 5 yrs.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN Jun 9
    Have said B4..Strength coach at A&M, who trained both Michael and A.Peterson, told me Christine's athletic explosiveness is on par with A.P.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash

Is Christine Michael the most gifted RB of the past 5 drafts?

His name is Christine?

vCash
    THis guy is a bum compared to AP
    Trick or Treat

vCash
    Yes he's undoubtedly the most "physically gifted" and naturally explosive back in the past 5 years IMO. That doesn't make good football players. [Necessary notation - I am not saying he is not a good football player, simply saying one does not make the other true. Square/Rectangle]

I don't think its crazy at all to think his explosiveness as an athlete is on par with AP, but he doesn't transition that explosiveness as fluidly as AP and he's not as violent through contact. I was surprised he didn't take carries from Lynch last year, honestly. I expect with a year in the pass protection stuff he'll be on the field next year way more
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    who?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    I know the Packers were really high on him leading up to the draft or were rumored to be anyway. Then they took Lacy over Michael and Lacy ended up being a beast.

Michael tested off the charts at the combine if that's what you're referring to. If not, I don't think we can say how good of a RB he is at this point or how gifted until we see how it translates into the NFL. IMO he will have a hard time being the best RB in his class considering how good Lacy looked his rookie season let alone the last 5 years.

I personally wouldn't bet on him being the best of the 2013 draft. Lacy was just too good and is already looking like one of the better young backs in the NFL.

I guess I don't know how to quantify 'gifted'. IMO the most gifted back has a combination of physical (strength, burst, quickness etc.) and Mental(Vision, understanding of his system and defenses he is facing etc.) traits that translate to the field. We haven't even seen 20 attempts from Michael in the NFL yet. How can we possibly have this discussion or debate. Seems like if he was truly that gifted, he would have been taking more snaps away from Lynch than he was able to last year or at least been the 2nd back to get snaps and not Turbin.

vCash
    I doubt it.
    Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko 1h

#Patriots are 9-2 and their second highest paid player this season is Aaron Hernandez. Let that sink in.

vCash
    Off the top of my head I believe Knile Davis is bigger, faster, and stronger. None of it means anything tho until it translates on the field. Sounds like an ex coach talking up a player to me

vCash
    Have not seen nearly enough from him to say so, but he is still sitting at number 3 on the depth chart behind Lynch and Turbin
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    SEA fans love this kid. The issue isn't talent, there were lots of character flags. We'll see, he seems to be right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    SEA fans love this kid. The issue isn't talent, there were lots of character flags. We'll see, he seems to be right now.
    This.

I really think it all comes down to vision with him though. Hopefully riding the bench for the champs all year humbled him a bit. He did do this kind of cool thing for his friend's sister (who was mentally challenged and had a crush on him) where he took her to prom or something. Gotta respect that, and it's not like he's a guy that's going to get a bunch of media attention for it. Could of been a PR move though.
    Last edited by Acclaimed; 06-11-2014 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    I want to find a video of his spin move though... it's so damn quick. It looks like a madden spin move.

vCash
    Can't wait, I know we are most likely going to cut Lynch after this season, but I find it bearable since we have this dude getting ready. Dont think he'll be better than Lacy, but he will be plenty good.

Also about those character issues... not saying they aren't there but this helps-

http://www.people.com/people/article...807512,00.html
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    He's gifted and may be as explosive as AP but that doesnt mean hes a better RB. We will just have to wait and see what he's really all about.

I heard his pass protection was really bad and thats the main reason he didn't play. I also think Seattle just didn't want to play him because they didn't need to. I will say I am about as excited to watch Michael as I was to see Harvin play. Hopefully we don't have to go through a similar situation.

I will also say as excited as I am to watch Michael play, I am a bit worried he won't live up to the hype and we wont have a guy to replace Lynch. Mainly because of injury issues. Lynch has been wonderful for us and I hope we dont rush to try and replace him.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When I first heard you say this I was like umm no. I never heard anything about his issues at Texas A&M. Only reason I thought he dropped was because of previous significant injuries. I have looked back and saw that there were character concerns (like oversleeping at the combine). I also forgot he did have some problems when he came to Seattle. Positive it wasn't big but it's still somewhat worrisome when a rookie comes into a organization and immediately has some issues. He must have matured a lot since then and I gives credit to him and Seattle.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast