Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

In his career, Andrew Luck is 3-3 after falling behind by 17+ points in 1st half..

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN Jun 10
    @ChrisWesseling @CorvusWhiteneck Here's another fun one: Since '12, Luck 3-3 after falling behind by 17+ pts in 1st half. Rest of NFL 5-91.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Replace Andrew luck with the colts. Ktnx.

vCash
    He's awesome. ^ I don't think it's that simple, basch. Luck definitely has some magic in the comeback game
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    I'll go ahead and be the negative douche. One game was against the 2-14 Texans, one game was against the Packers defense playing like absolute ****, and one game was against the Chiefs after they lost a significant number of starters.

I was really impressed by his performance against KC, and somewhat by his performance against GB, but a lot of his "comebacks" seem really stretched. A lot of them are against some bad teams that should never have been going toe-to-toe with them in the first place, and some of them are from games where both teams went back and forth and it wasn't really that much of a "comeback". IMO his most impressive one was the one that I never hear talked about, which was the SEA one.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll go ahead and be the negative douche. One game was against the 2-14 Texans, one game was against the Packers defense playing like absolute ****, and one game was against the Chiefs after they lost a significant number of starters.

I was really impressed by his performance against KC, and somewhat by his performance against GB, but a lot of his "comebacks" seem really stretched. A lot of them are against some bad teams that should never have been going toe-to-toe with them in the first place, and some of them are from games where both teams went back and forth and it wasn't really that much of a "comeback". IMO his most impressive one was the one that I never hear talked about, which was the SEA one.
    And in the other 96 games by the other QBs...they didn't play any poor teams either? If it's so easy to do against poor teams because the teams are poor and/or have poor defenses....how come the rest of the ****ing NFL can't do it? You can't tell me that all 96 games by the other QBs were against good teams with good defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

Well this thread is about coming from 17+ points down. Not sure how that would be a back and forth game. Being down by 17+ points is essentially being blown out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    And in the other 96 games by the other QBs...they didn't play any poor teams either? If it's so easy to do against poor teams because the teams are poor and/or have poor defenses....how come the rest of the ****ing NFL can't do it? You can't tell me that all 96 games by the other QBs were against good teams with good defenses.
    It's not easy to do because it typically requires a bad team to somehow jump ahead of a good team that is capable of coming back. I'm sorry, but a dozen teams could probably have came back against the 2-14 Texans, they shouldn't have ever been down that way. I won't say that every QB could've done the KC and GB games, but those just really weren't as impressive as they're made out to be if you watched them. GB'd defense looked helpless and KC's team was injured. Luck just gets all sorts of hype for finding his way into these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Well this thread is about coming from 17+ points down. Not sure how that would be a back and forth game. Being down by 17+ points is essentially being blown out.
    Those are just three of his "ZOMMG GoAT comebacks" that announcers scream about every time he comes on the field. I'm referring to his other games, because hearing announcers and the media talk about him you'd think he singlehandedly destroyed his way through all the best teams in the league.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Bum. Even Geno Smith could go 6-0 on that team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Andrew Luck is the best Young Qb by a mile. Im not suprised at all. He is special.

vCash
    Even though it doesn't mean much that's kinda crazy. 17 pts to any NFL team is a climb and to have almost as many wins in 6 attempts as the rest of the NFL in 96 is still pretty impressive.
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    Its the NFL. Every team is good and being down 17 points is tough to comeback from. No matter what quarter it is.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Andrew Luck is the best Young Qb by a mile. Im not suprised at all. He is special.
    Geno Smith> though.

He could win the SB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Pretty clearly, IMO. This stat doesn't surprise me at all.

vCash
    This reminds me of when he came back against KC and I was out drinking and I came back the next day to like 50 HAHAHAHAHA NORM ALEX SMITH IS A BEAST posts from the first half and all those people gone by the end of the game.

LOL, had to give AS some props for playing so well but I had guaranteed they'd lose that game.

vCash
    The premise of this thread is kind of dumb. Lucks is 3-0 in come backs from 17+ points down and the rest of the league is 5-0. If ya didn't win then it wasn't a comeback, it was just a loss where you were getting blown out early. You wouldn't say something like "The Colts were down 17 to nothing in the first half but then mounted a comeback and lost 17-0 (or 34-0 or 24-3, etc).

The next question on this, why are the Colts disproportionately falling behind by 17 or more points in the first half compared to the rest of the league? They did it 6 times. The average for the rest of the NFL is 3.1 times in that same span. Why are they doing it twice as often as the NFL average?
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast