Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Phil Hughes' Dominance

He's been on fire.He has a 2.05 ERA in his last 9 starts. He also had 9 strikeouts over 7 scoreless innings in today's 6-1 over the Jays. As a Yankee fan, this kinda annoys me.

vCash
    Yeah, he's been handling ish quite well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
    He's been on fire.He has a 2.05 ERA in his last 9 starts. He also had 9 strikeouts over 7 scoreless innings in today's 6-1 over the Jays. As a Yankee fan, this kinda annoys me.
    Would annoy me too. Makes you question your team's ability to develop pitchers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclaimed View Post
    Would annoy me too. Makes you question your team's ability to develop pitchers...
    One pitcher who broke out in his late 20s does that?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    One pitcher who broke out in his late 20s does that?
    Yankee's have had more than one pitching prospect go sour in the last few years...

vCash
    Hey I'm not trying to bash on the Yankee's. Mariners can't develop hitters lol...

vCash
    Yankee's have had more than one pitching prospect go sour in the last few years...

It's not a pitchers ball park and he's a fly ball pitcher no surprise here

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Wish I could insert the picture of his framed autographed jersey I won in a raffle

vCash
    Why not make it about tanaka he's got a 2.02 era for the whole year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    It's not a pitchers ball park and he's a fly ball pitcher no surprise here
    Might just be the confidence. I remember back at the kingdom the M's couldn't develop any pitchers because they would lose their confidence. Lou would always say it's impossible to get a kid to pitch on the outside against righties, and convince them they did a good job when a little poke to right field turns into a 3 run homer.

vCash
    Why would it annoy you? It's not like he went to another AL East team and is thriving. He has never been great as a starter in YS and has been smashed in multiple AL East parks.

He needed to get out of NY to have any hope of having a positive career moving forward.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    That comes from the fact that the Yankees sign so many compensatory FA and don't get access to upper echelon arms in the draft. That and the fact that they usually don't pick until later on the first round or they trade their younger pitching prospects for major league players.

I also think some of the Yankee's specs get overrated by BA and BP.

Either way, Hughes is the beneficiary of a much better pitcher's park in Minnesota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Why would it annoy you? It's not like he went to another AL East team and is thriving. He has never been great as a starter in YS and has been smashed in multiple AL East parks.

He needed to get out of NY to have any hope of having a positive career moving forward.
    I honestly think that would be more likely the reason. I understand that Yankee's stadium is extremely hitter friendly, but the improvement he's having is beyond that IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That comes from the fact that the Yankees sign so many compensatory FA and don't get access to upper echelon arms in the draft. That and the fact that they usually don't pick until later on the first round or they trade their younger pitching prospects for major league players.

Either way, Hughes is the beneficiary of a much better pitcher's park in Minnesota.
    He's been more successful away than at home, at least ERA wise. Outside of that all his other numbers appear to be more or less the same. This has nothing to do with his home ballpark.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

This makes sense. I guess I never really realize how many picks they lose from signing players, but I also kind of figured they'd go more for pitchers since they seem to sign a lot of bats.
    Last edited by Acclaimed; 06-11-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast