Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will POP make any teams instant championship contender?

Last night's epic offense by Spurs still kept me thinking. The shooting, passing, discipline, its all unreal. Other than the spurs big 3+leonard, most players wont even be starters on a lot of teams. So if pop went to other teams, will they become instant contender with their current roster? IMO, i say YES. Even the BUCKS may take the heat to 7 games if POP take over.

P.S.

Let say if POP takes over your team, how far will they go?
    Last edited by diu9leilomo; 06-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    Last night's epic offense by Spurs still kept me thinking. The shooting, passing, discipline, its all unreal. Other than the spurs big 3+leonard, most players wont even be starters on a lot of teams. So if pop went to other teams, will they become instant contender with their current roster? IMO, i say YES. Even the BUCKS may take the heat to 7 games if POP take over.

P.S.

Let say if POP takes over your team, how far will they go?
    Any team a playoff team yeah, but not a contender. The Spurs are a top 4 talented team in the nba. People forget we are very talented.

vCash

Will POP make any teams instant championship contender?

He's not taking the bucks anywhere far. He's an all time great but in this league you need talent to win chips.

vCash
    Of course not. Any team a championship contender? Come on now. Philly? Orlando? LAL? Milwaukee? No ****ing chance. That's an absolutely outrageous assertion. The talent discrepancy between what he has now and what those teams have is just insane. Not to mention the experience discrepancy.

You still need talent to win. The Spurs are an amazingly well-built team. They might not have a top-5 or top-10 player even, but they're constructed in a perfect way for what he tries to do. Shooters galore, depth, defensive stalwarts, passing coming from everywhere, selflessness etc.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Pops won't make any team an instant contender, but he'd sure make almost any team a LOT better. I could easily see a lot of lottery teams suddenly becoming play off teams, and multiple play off teams becoming legitimate contenders.

And if you give him enough time to build the roster over time, I put nothing past Pops and company.

How many players would line up to play for Pops? How many top flight coaches will line up to learn from Pops?

It will be a very sad day for the NBA when Pops finally hands his blazer and rides off into the sunset.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Of course not. Any team a championship contender? Come on now. Philly? Orlando? LAL? Milwaukee? No ****ing chance. That's an absolutely outrageous assertion. The talent discrepancy between what he has now and what those teams have is just insane. Not to mention the experience discrepancy.

You still need talent to win. The Spurs are an amazingly well-built team. They might not have a top-5 or top-10 player even, but they're constructed in a perfect way for what he tries to do. Shooters galore, depth, defensive stalwarts, passing coming from everywhere, selflessness etc.
    If you look at the Bucks roster, they have some bright talent. I'm sure pop will bring out the best of larry sanders. İlyasova will be deadly with his range, john henson, brandon knight, giannis ante. and OJ mayo, this guy can avg 20 a night, all great shooters and defenders. Maybe not championship contender, but I dun think its "absolutely outrageous assertion" at all....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by diu9leilomo View Post
    If you look at the Bucks roster, they have some bright talent. I'm sure pop will bring out the best of larry sanders. İlyasova will be deadly with his range, john henson, brandon knight, giannis ante. and OJ mayo, this guy can avg 20 a night, all great shooters and defenders. Maybe not championship contender, but I dun think its "absolutely outrageous assertion" at all....
    I always say I like what the Bucks have. They have a really fun core of young players.

But they're all just way too young. Maybe down the road he could get them to contend, but in 2013-14? Hell no. They would be firmly in the lotto still.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I dunno about any team. But he could make any western playoff team a contender.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 76
    Yards: 1,093
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Spurs have a top 5 PG, top 5 PF, top 6th man, top 10 SF

They are very talented... sometimes I forget that myself, but Duncan is still one of the best players in the league. I mean outside of LBJ/Durant, who is really better than Duncan on both ends?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

They are very talented... sometimes I forget that myself, but Duncan is still one of the best players in the league. I mean outside of LBJ/Durant, who is really better than Duncan on both ends?
    Do you believe that the bold would be true if they had been coached by Vinny Del Negro?

vCash
    Every year there are examples of how Pop puts players in a position to over-achieve. Guys like Boris Diaw, Patty Mills, and Danny Green who could have been gotten for table scraps are now all reliable players on a Finals team. Even Kawhi Leonard was a mid-1st round pick. Tony Parker was a 28th overall pick. Manu was a 2nd rounder. Those last two are hall of famers now. To get that type of production from that pick is legendary. The only thing that is preventing me from instantly saying yes is that the anchor was still #1 overall pick Tim Duncan and he has been the constant from that first title season in 1999.

vCash
    Any playoff team or teams that barely missed it like NO, NYK, MIN, and PHO.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Cp3
    Lillard
    Westbrook
    Paul George
    Carmelo
    Griffen
    Aldridge
    Noah
    Marc
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 76
    Yards: 1,093
    Tds: 10

vCash
    He'd make a lot of teams better but I doubt he'd help Orlando or Milwaukee become contenders.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Cp3
    Lillard
    Westbrook
    Paul George
    Carmelo
    Griffen
    Aldridge
    Noah
    Marc
    melo and Aldridge only play on one end.