Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Jason Heyward

vCash

Jason Heyward

He's so confusing to me..Sometimes when he goes on these hot streaks, I think he finally might live up to his superstar potential then sometimes he looks like a fringe all-star..I do not doubt his ability because he has superstar written all over him but I just cant get a read on him because hes so streaky...So with that said, What do yall guys think his ceiling will be???

I don't see no reason why he cant be a 35+hr - 100 rbi guy? Am I wrong? Discuss?

vCash
    Your wrong if they don't ever move him out of the ****ing leadoff! This franchise needs a damn leadoff guy so bad it's sickening. Once Jose Peraza gets up here next year or the year after we will be great! That being said heyward may be gone and this depends on how well La Stella plays. Peraza will have more pop, better D, WAY more speed, and hit for a very solid average. If La Stella can hit .300 this year and next though that puts us in a predicament on how to bring peraza up when ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    Your wrong if they don't ever move him out of the ****ing leadoff! This franchise needs a damn leadoff guy so bad it's sickening. Once Jose Peraza gets up here next year or the year after we will be great! That being said heyward may be gone and this depends on how well La Stella plays. Peraza will have more pop, better D, WAY more speed, and hit for a very solid average. If La Stella can hit .300 this year and next though that puts us in a predicament on how to bring peraza up when ready.
    I couldn't agree with you more on heyward as the leadoff man..One of the most horrible decisions ive ever seen in sports history..He should be hitting 3rd if you ask me! And hopefully heyward is a lifelong Atlanta brave..Like I said he has superstar ability if he could just put it together.

And I haven't heard about this peraza guy! Who does he compare to? What is his potential?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more on heyward as the leadoff man..One of the most horrible decisions ive ever seen in sports history..He should be hitting 3rd if you ask me! And hopefully heyward is a lifelong Atlanta brave..Like I said he has superstar ability if he could just put it together.

And I haven't heard about this peraza guy! Who does he compare to? What is his potential?
    I don't know about the " one of the most horrible decision in sports"
    Line, but the rest I agree with.

Peraza was the SS we got a few years ago. He has since been moved to 2b because no one is unseeding Simba at Ss. Solid at the plate and approach, + defense at 2b, ++ speed he led all the Braves farm in steals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    Jason Heyward is a leadoff hitter because he hits leadoff. He gets on base therefore he can leadoff. And Peraza might not have any power. He's shown none at all so I'm not sure how or why you think he has more pop then La Stella.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    You guys still haven't answer the question related to heywards potential?? Lol

vCash

Jason Heyward

This whole damn team is full of Jason Heywards. Even Freddie ****ing freeman can't stay consistent. They're all hot and cold.... Except for la Stella of course
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25, The Crow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2GMcjNyAyI)

vCash

Jason Heyward

Last edited by redwhiteandblue; 06-11-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: woops
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Heyward is the best player on this team, Period. We sometimes forget he's only 24 years old and his peers are just getting call ups from AAA.

Heyward will figure out how to be consistent with his hitting. Couple that with his defense, watch out, he will be a monster. We can expect .280/.370/.500 with 30-35 HR in his prime. With his defense and overall athletic ability, That is a top 5-10 player in all of baseball.

I just hope he doesn't leave via free agency. Its going to be a sad day.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    This whole damn team is full of Jason Heywards. Even Freddie ****ing freeman can't stay consistent. They're all hot and cold.... Except for la Stella of course
    I wouldn't throw Freeman under the bus like that. He's EASILY the most consistent out of any Brave and we should greatly appreciate that. Outside of rookie year, he's only had 1 month in which he OPS .730 or less (in his rookie year he did that 3 times). Compare that to say J-hey who's done it 10 times outside his rookie year...though it should be noted that he has played one more full year and he did suffer injuries in 2011 and 2013...still though Freeman is having a tough start this month..he'll bounce back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Jason Heyward is a leadoff hitter because he hits leadoff. He gets on base therefore he can leadoff. And Peraza might not have any power. He's shown none at all so I'm not sure how or why you think he has more pop then La Stella.
    I was referring to the fact that Heyward would never reach those stats as a leadoff hitter. I understand hitting leadoff makes you a leadoff. As for Peraza and power, we signed him when he was 16 and 130 something pounds. He has 4 homers in 4 seasons and JUST turned 20 a month ago. Whereas La Stella who is now 25 has 25 homers in his career. Also looking at measurables Peraza is 160 and 6 feet tall, he can pack on plenty of weight. Where as La stella is 5 foot 10 and 175. La Stella is not growing anymore or putting on any weight. Peraza can still go and will put on more weight. Track record shows La Stella has more pop at a more mature age, but I am willing to bet anything Peraza will have more pop. Plus look at how many freaking triples this kid has, you dont get this by just hitting ground balls in the gap. He has enough pop to put a charge in it and get it behind the outfielders. My ONLY complaint about Peraza is his lack of walks. If he can improve that I see him being a superstar in the bigs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Representa View Post

He is virtually Billy Hamilton in every aspect of the game but younger and a more complete player. He will rival him with speed in the bigs imo, and his D is more than good enough to stay in the infield. Like I said before I honestly think his pop will come as he grows, but he just needs to learn to take more walks. There really isn't a part of this kids game I can find to dislike other than that.