Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Ballad of Taylor Teagarden

So yesterday, FoC makes his second appearance of the season at Citi Field courtesy of a friend who scored amazing tickets, section 317, one of the few sections in the entire stadium with absolutely no obstructed views. Indeed, we were sitting just below Bob Uker who was doing the game on television for the Brewers. Our buddies, Gary, Keith, and Ron, were also above us but to the left.

Great seats.

Sit down and am less than thrilled to see the lineup with the Dice K behind the plate, Ruben Tejada leading off, and Taylor Teagarden batting seventh, replacing Travis d'Arnaud behind the plate.

Yeah.

Magoo and I were going nuts about this yesterday. We have a highly touted catching prospect raking AA. He's 23 years old. Why not bring him up. Some disagreed with us. Some agreed. Regardless, I'm now sitting here watching Taylor Teagarden catching for the Mets.

Game starts, Dice K does his El Duque impersonation of a crafty, smart pitcher, Ruben Tejada is smashing the ball all over the place, and then we see Teagarden. First time up, strike out. Second time up, strikeout.

Third time he comes up with the bases loaded and im standing up, yelling in a very condescending voice, "Come on Taylor, you can do it, the weight of the world is on your shoulders, all 2,400 people here tonight are watching your every move. We have confidence in you Taylor, come on.....

And then the SOB hits a grand slam home run. The entire section is looking at me, pointing at me, as if somehow, I had something to do with that. That's when i texted the PSD forum that a church is born. Gotta promptly named it "The Trinity of Teagarden."

Mets win 6-2 and afterwards, I look at my ticket to see, printed on it, a picture of, you guessed it, Travis d'Arnaud.

They thought so much of this kid that they put his picture on the tickets for yesterday's game on section 317. I wonder what section David Wright got?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 06-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    That's the one highlight you will see from Teabagger this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    That's the one highlight you will see from Teabagger this year.
    Yeah, but it will give Terry an excuse to keep trotting him out there for at least another month. That said, I don't support bringing KP up ahead of schedule. This team is going nowhere. Let the kid develop according to plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Yeah, but it will give Terry an excuse to keep trotting him out there for at least another month. That said, I don't support bringing KP up ahead of schedule. This team is going nowhere. Let the kid develop according to plan.
    Really? I would have thought that Terry would reward Teagarden by giving him the day off today and starting Recker, letting him savior the moment as it were.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    he did more last night then travis did in 200 atbats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Has to. In the words of Casey "without a catcher, you'll have a lot of passed balls".

Good commentary FoC, you have moved in front of Steve Gelbs on the depth chart.

vCash
    You know who also hit a grand slam in his first game as a Met? Colin Cowgill.

Enough said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib8 View Post
    Has to. In the words of Casey "without a catcher, you'll have a lot of passed balls".

Good commentary FoC, you have moved in front of Steve Gelbs on the depth chart.
    Thank you, sir, for keeping me on my toes.

vCash

The Ballad of Taylor Teagarden

I'm gonna jump on the Teagarden bandwagon. He will win MVP this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You know who also hit a grand slam in his first game as a Met? Colin Cowgill.

Enough said.
    You know who has a higher wRC+ and WAR than any Mets outfielder this year? Collin Cowgill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    You know who has a higher wRC+ and WAR than any Mets outfielder this year? Collin Cowgill.
    Well he didn't do it for the Mets. There were things to like about Cowgill but it never materialized. **** happens. It wasn't like he lit the world on fire last year with the Angels either.

He was essentially a WAR neutral player before this year and I wouldn't expect him to continue having a .379 BABIP like he has this season.

vCash
    Well he didn't do it for the Mets. There were things to like about Cowgill but it never materialized. **** happens. It wasn't like he lit the world on fire last year with the Angels either.

He was essentially a WAR neutral player before this year and I wouldn't expect him to continue having a .379 BABIP like he has this season.
    Of course not, but he'll still be more useful than say, Chris Young.

vCash
    Does tea even come from a garden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Of course not, but he'll still be more useful than say, Chris Young.
    Eh well swing and a miss. They took a chance CY could be even be the 2012 version of himself and it hasn't worked out.

I already said they should release him and play the guys they currently have.

vCash
    Eh well swing and a miss. They took a chance CY could be even be the 2012 version of himself and it hasn't worked out.

I already said they should release him and play the guys they currently have.
    My point is that Teagarden could potentially be a useful backup catcher, regardless of the preconceived notions you may have of him. That's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast