Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who we take in the Chad Ford trade idea of Knight to Kings for #8? Smart gone....

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hood

1 11.11%
  • LaVine

1 11.11%
  • Gordon

0 0%
  • Harris

0 0%
  • Saric

0 0%
  • Stauskas

1 11.11%
  • McDermott

2 22.22%
  • Vonleh

4 44.44%
  • Anderson

0 0%
  • Payton

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Question Chad Ford trade idea of Knight to Kings for #8 Who we take at #8?

Quote Originally Posted by mseds99 View Post
    Also in the same article...this was under the Kings #8 selection...

The Kings also are listening to offers for their pick (apparently no one shops their picks anymore they just listen). If they can get someone who can play right now, they'll likely go that direction. They've shown interest in the Minnesota's Kevin Love, but have also lowered their sights for players like the Atlanta's Dennis Schroeder, and I'm told they also like Milwaukee's Brandon Knight.
    I don't have espn insider so I missed out on Kings interested in Knight for #8. Only read us moving Knight to sg and draft Exum possibly at pg. But anyway example if the deal happened who we take at #8? Most likely Smart is gone. Figure to make a poll to get peoples ideas.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 06-11-2014 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    Also sounded like Saric would only come to NBA if Celtics or Lakers draft him according to his handler's. So be risky for us to reach for him. But if we take Parker then no need for Saric.

vCash
    I don't see the point of getting Knight if they still have Thomas. I don't see anyone giving out big money for him, so they will probably resign him.

vCash
    Thomas could get a Teague or Jennings offer easily. Knight will be in that boat soon enough. Plus where letting him pad his stats on a losing team. Time Knight is RFA he be scoring well over 20 easy by then. Also horrible east Knight could slip into All Star game. Heck look when DeRozan got that huge contract. Looked like a huge mistake. Probably still is. Since easts sucks and lacking guards. He got a free pass into All Star game with over 20 points and easy wins in the east.

vCash
    Brian (CA)

You said the Kings had interest in Brandon Knight for the 8th pick, would that interest extend to Larry Sanders, considering he would be a perfect fit next to Big Cuz.

Chad Ford
    (1:42 PM)

Yes. The need a rim protector and Sanders is available. I think if they give up Knight and Sanders they'll want more than just the 8th pick. But the Kings have enough assets to throw another player the Bucks way. Would be a good deal for both teams -- especially if the Bucks could get Ben McLemore as well. They need young players they can build around. The Bucks will be active in trying to move up and get another pick and the Kings have been among the most active in trying to add a few vets to turn this team into a playoff contender next year. Sanders and Knight would probably do it.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

No way I do Knight, Sanders for McLemore and #8. Who do we play at the 5? Henson? Embiid will probably end up being the #1 pick. Then we end up with a lineup like

Ennis/Payton
    McLemore/OJ/Delfino/Middleton
    Giannis/Middleton
    Jabari/Henson/Zaza
    Henson/Zaza

No point in that deal IMO

vCash
    I will guess Vonleh, then Gordon.

Some people talk about McDermott, but he is risky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_56 View Post
    Brian (CA)

You said the Kings had interest in Brandon Knight for the 8th pick, would that interest extend to Larry Sanders, considering he would be a perfect fit next to Big Cuz.

Chad Ford
    (1:42 PM)

Yes. The need a rim protector and Sanders is available. I think if they give up Knight and Sanders they'll want more than just the 8th pick. But the Kings have enough assets to throw another player the Bucks way. Would be a good deal for both teams -- especially if the Bucks could get Ben McLemore as well. They need young players they can build around. The Bucks will be active in trying to move up and get another pick and the Kings have been among the most active in trying to add a few vets to turn this team into a playoff contender next year. Sanders and Knight would probably do it.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

No way I do Knight, Sanders for McLemore and #8. Who do we play at the 5? Henson? Embiid will probably end up being the #1 pick. Then we end up with a lineup like

Ennis/Payton
    McLemore/OJ/Delfino/Middleton
    Giannis/Middleton
    Jabari/Henson/Zaza
    Henson/Zaza

No point in that deal IMO
    Knowing coach Drew's line ups Parker probably wont be starter day 1. Drew is horrible. Drew favors his own guy Zaza over any of our younger guys. Heck look after trade deadline. He was giving huge minutes to Adrien and Sessions when we knew they wouldn't be back. We just let them pad their stats for a new contract elsewhere. I wouldn't read to much into Chad Ford he's just as bad as Gery Woelfel. Just trying to get people to buy ESPN insider. Sanders is worth way more then #8 all by him self.

Even though I wouldn't trade him even if #4 pick was on the table for Sanders. If we take Parker we need Sanders to protect the rim. Zaza is horrible defender. Henson is soft as well. We all label Henson a center cause he has no outside game. Just has that baby hook shot. Farther out he plays is like when we first drafted Moute. Moute was elite defender. But on offense he was putrid. Was like playing 4 versus 5. Ersan a lousy defender as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    I will guess Vonleh, then Gordon.

Some people talk about McDermott, but he is risky.
    McDermott would be a nice shooter to have off of the bench. But not at the expense of Knight though. Be hard to replace that consistent 20 points from Knight nightly basis. Yeah Parker could get us 20 a night. But if Knight is traded. We don't have another consistent scorer. Players would double up on Parker. Then we be losing games by 20 easy. I hate to trade Henson. But what about Henson for #8? I'd probably take McDermott. To bad he cant play sg. He's slow footed. Even to slow for sf?

Knight,Giannis,McDermott,Parker,Sanders McDermott would cause a log jam at sf though. Play Giannis at pg? lol

Giannis,McDermott,Parker,Ersan,Sanders That be kinda exciting. Even if a fast pg got by Giannis he can still swat the shot from behind. lol McDermott be to slow at sg though. Wishful thinking. I do like McDermott as a shooter though off of the bench. Guess I have to check out youtube to see who is worthy at #8.

vCash
    Stauskas has nice three ball.

vCash
    Saric seems decent as well, long as his handlers change their minds about Lakers or Celtics only.

vCash

Damn Mcbuckets perfected the one leg lean off fade away Dirk jumper.

vCash

Damn more I check youtube the more I like each of these guys. But then again we did the same thing picking between Parker,Wiggins,Embiid,Exum,Smart in Bucks preseason.

vCash
    I was worried he be only a flashy dunker. But he can drain the three ball with ease with a hand in his face.

vCash
    Russillo ✔ @ryenarussillo
    Follow
    Talked to two GM's today that couldn't believe how out of shape Vonleh was at workouts. They were really annoyed.
    6:20 PM - 10 Jun 2014

vCash
    For me the only guy I think I might like in that group is Vonleh. I think the divide is Embiid, Exum, Wiggins and Parker are the top 4. I think the next four are Smart, Gordon, Vonleh and Randle in some order. I don't forsee anyone really jumping those guys, so basically we're looking at one of those guys on the board at 8. My guess is that it might be Gordon, who I'm not in love with, especially with Giannis already in the mix. Vonleh being out of shape is stupid by him, so maybe he would fall. I think I like him.

Personally, I'm not sure I like any of those guys over Knight. I would probably rather keep Knight, and then maybe look to move other pieces to get a later pick. I like Payton, but probably not at 8 for Knight. If we could grab a pick later in the draft, maybe mid teens to take Payton, I'd be more willing to do that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast