Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Much Long Does Dwayne Wade Play?

These finals, and portions of these playoffs have been painful to watch D-Wade. As my all-time favorite players, its sad to see when he gets lit up by Danny Green, and when Danny Green picks Wade's pocket 3 times.

The fear factor of D-Wade is gone as nobody in the league fears his ability anymore.

Many of you will argue, but Dwayne Wade scored 19 a game on 50%+ shooting this season because LeBron gets him his easy at the basket looks.

The only expectation Wade has on the HEAT is to carry them offensively for 15-20 minutes a game and he cannot even reliably do that anymore.

So how much longer do you guys see him with Miami?

I hope in the near future, we find an athletic SG that can play at least half the game as I see his minutes dropping even more in the future.

vCash
    It's sad that MIA fans don't seem to appreciate Wade anymore. The guy puts up 19/4/4 in the playoffs on an insane 52/37/81% shooting line, which is almost unheard of for a SG, and yet you're talking about him retiring and that he's only getting those numbers because of LBJ?

Wade is still arguably the best SG in the entire league. Injury concerns? Sure... but alot of guys miss 15 or so games a year. He is still capable of putting up 22/6/6 in this league on great efficiency.

Just about any team would KILL to have Wade on their team... As a Knick fan he would EASILY be the best player Melo ever played with, even if he's not PRIME 30/7/7 Wade.

I think having all these superstars on one team and all these easy trips to the finals has made alot of MIA fans take it for granted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    It's sad that MIA fans don't seem to appreciate Wade anymore. The guy puts up 19/4/4 in the playoffs on an insane 52/37/81% shooting line, which is almost unheard of for a SG, and yet you're talking about him retiring and that he's only getting those numbers because of LBJ?

Wade is still arguably the best SG in the entire league. Injury concerns? Sure... but alot of guys miss 15 or so games a year. He is still capable of putting up 22/6/6 in this league on great efficiency.

Just about any team would KILL to have Wade on their team... As a Knick fan he would EASILY be the best player Melo ever played with, even if he's not PRIME 30/7/7 Wade.

I think having all these superstars on one team and all these easy trips to the finals has made alot of MIA fans take it for granted.
    Wade has played a terrible finals bro

vCash

Have you been watching the finals?

You are talking about his offense.... His defense has KILLED them in this series. He has become a major liability. Here is a 11-minute video of Dwayne Wade on defense from these finals. Every play is him being the last one back on defense, getting beat off the dribble, blowing his assignment, standing there watching the play, jogging while he gets beat off the ball, forcing his team to rotate etc.

Its no wonder they are losing after watching that video. His man is getting an open path or shot at the basket on nearly every play and they are often 5-on-4 as Wade jogs back on defense.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...s-video/232377

vCash
    It's hard seeing Wade like this

vCash
    He is in the twilight of his glorious career. I certainly will not be surprised if he is traded later.

vCash

Many of them are LeBron fans. I definitely appreciate Wade. I also understand that he's not the same player he was before, but that doesn't mean he's not still very good and makes this team better in a major way.

The big 3 will need to take less so we can add new role players and avoid that repeater tax, but I'm not like some that take for granted his current impact (I'm not even judging him on body of work but rather current impact) and say crazy things like he should get MLE money while the other two take more.

One we retool this team, we will be back in the Finals ready to win next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Many of them are LeBron fans. I definitely appreciate Wade. I also understand that he's not the same player he was before, but that doesn't mean he's not still very good and makes this team better in a major way.

The big 3 will need to take less so we can add new role players and avoid that repeater tax, but I'm not like some that take for granted his current impact (I'm not even judging him on body of work but rather current impact) and say crazy things like he should get MLE money while the other two take more.

One we retool this team, we will be back in the Finals ready to win next year.
    What do you mean bro? Wade is the reason I am a HEAT fan, he is my favorite player of all time, and my man crush.

This was the sloppiest regular season we've had till date. Wade sat out 30 games this season to be "healthy" for the playoffs. Sitting out pretty much every other game to rest is not the sign of a maximum player or for that matter anything above 5-7 million to be honest.

If you have watched the finals, very often when Wade gets the ball, our ball movement stops, Wade is often getting the ball stolen from him, pick-pockets, turnovers, bad dribbling, etc etc.

On defense, any SG is having their way with him. It pains me to see Danny Green, who is 100x below Wade in terms of talent, be able to be a better player and consistently destroy Wade. There is no reason Danny Green should be blowing by Wade, or forcing him into 5-6 turnovers a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    What do you mean bro? Wade is the reason I am a HEAT fan, he is my favorite player of all time, and my man crush.

This was the sloppiest regular season we've had till date. Wade sat out 30 games this season to be "healthy" for the playoffs. Sitting out pretty much every other game to rest is not the sign of a maximum player or for that matter anything above 5-7 million to be honest.

If you have watched the finals, very often when Wade gets the ball, our ball movement stops, Wade is often getting the ball stolen from him, pick-pockets, turnovers, bad dribbling, etc etc.

On defense, any SG is having their way with him. It pains me to see Danny Green, who is 100x below Wade in terms of talent, be able to be a better player and consistently destroy Wade. There is no reason Danny Green should be blowing by Wade, or forcing him into 5-6 turnovers a game.
    Wade has always turned it over 3-4x per game, most stars do. ANd he's looked tired at times yes.

Look, the entire MIA team looks a bit tired TBH, even LBJ at times. They've played a TON of games the past 4 years and they rely heavily on their 3 stars... that's the downside of having a 3 superstar super team.

SA doesn't have that many great players, but they have a great system that they plug everyone into and none of their guys have to play even 30mpg...

Let's not act like Green is lighting Wade up either, he's scoring like what... 11ppg this series?

As a Knick fan I have to watch JR freakin smith shoot 33% in the playoffs and average 12ppg...lol. He hasn't scored 20 points in a playoff game in like 4 years...lol. Wade has like eight 20 point games already this postseason and he does it while shooting well over 50%... be happy... those kind of players are rare and don't come along very often.

Kevin Love, Melo, Rose, Dirk...etc... those guys could only dream of playing with someone as good as the "washed up Wade".

vCash
    Why so much negativity? So much gloom and doom? Isn't this the Miami Heat? The defending champs? The ones who are in the finals for a 4th straight time? Why all the booing? And fans leaving the games early? I understand no one likes to see their team loose, and much less like this. And the task now is daunting. But hold on! Miami has yet to play their best basketball. When Miami puts it into that next gear, no one can beat them. They are a proud team. Battle tested. And they have too much pride to just let the Spurs finish them off so easily. The measure of a champion is not taking a punch, but in the refusal to stay down. I believe Miami is cornered. And they will come out fighting for their lives. That makes them very, VERY dangerous. We have taken their best punch. But i believe this series in not over. What if- lets say- they scrap and claw and win this next game? Then the next game would be at home. Yes, they lost two straight there. But do u think they would loose three straight at home, again with their season on the line, and the motivation of forcing a possible game 7? Where will the motivation be if San Antonio lets Miami get away with a win on Sunday with the chance to having them close out totally blown? Do you think Lebron has played his best game? I take nothing away from the Spurs. But I think if Miami wins , the complexion of this series will change. The pressure will be on both teams- but the images of last years failure will come back on the Spurs. This series is not over. If there is a game 7, anything is possible. In the beginning,I pointed out the negativity, of the fans, and the funeral services going on in the press. But can u imagine, if the Heat hold off elimination and go home to stay alive?

vCash
    Wade has always turned it over 3-4x per game, most stars do. ANd he's looked tired at times yes.

Look, the entire MIA team looks a bit tired TBH, even LBJ at times. They've played a TON of games the past 4 years and they rely heavily on their 3 stars... that's the downside of having a 3 superstar super team.

SA doesn't have that many great players, but they have a great system that they plug everyone into and none of their guys have to play even 30mpg...

Let's not act like Green is lighting Wade up either, he's scoring like what... 11ppg this series?

As a Knick fan I have to watch JR freakin smith shoot 33% in the playoffs and average 12ppg...lol. He hasn't scored 20 points in a playoff game in like 4 years...lol. Wade has like eight 20 point games already this postseason and he does it while shooting well over 50%... be happy... those kind of players are rare and don't come along very often.

Kevin Love, Melo, Rose, Dirk...etc... those guys could only dream of playing with someone as good as the "washed up Wade".
    Crazy that a Knicks fan is saying these things in contrast to some HEAT fans.

Like I said, Wade needs to take a paycut if he and the other two want to keep contending, but I do think many fans take Wade for granted, and don't realize the alternatives. I think they forgot what true inconsistency and bad shot selection look like in high volume. They take for granted how many deflections and hard closeouts to shooters, and strength to defend much bigger players on the elbow post Wade continues to do defensively. I think people don't realize this version of Wade which is like half of his prime defensive ability is still better than a vast majority of other guards. I guess some fans always need somebody to dump blame on, whether it's Wade or Bosh or Spo or LeBron or someone else has to always get blamed as the reason we lost.

Wade doesn't need to be the player he was or get a max salary to still have a positive impact.
    Last edited by beasted86; 06-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    He will hang on as long as he can to steal a check but he is killing us right now!

vCash
    he need carmole athony

vCash

THANK YOU

I was saying the same thing. ****ing HEAT fans take not only Wade for granted, but this entire team. It's really pathetic honestly.

vCash
    I don't agree. I think that he is a heat veteran and mainstay. It is kind of like in baseball, how the cardinals got rid of Albert. You just don't do that. Albert represented the cardinals for so long, he basically became the brand. This is what Wade has done with the heat in a sorta kinda way. I say we keep him until his retirement, because people will always think, "Wade, oh yeah! Heat!!!". He loves where he is right now, even though James kind of usurped and stole his position as leader in the locker room. I like James, but I have a difficult time forgiving him for his betrayal of the Clevelanders and his taking of wade's hard-earned spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast