Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: homer free zone

vCash

homer free zone

I want a thread completely free of homerism. If there is a discussion in this thread about your team or favorite player do not even get involved . No matter how much you disagree. I want to see what kind of discussions can happen without anyone talking about their team.

To start, who do you think are the best players at each position NOT COUNTING PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM. I don't care if you're a Vikings fan, do not put ap as the best back in the nfl, do not even talk about ap.

vCash
    Good luck. But my "favorite" (note not best) at each offensive position:
    Brady, Shady, Megatron, Alshon, Witten, Joe Thomas....I can't come up with many others off the top of my head.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Brady, Shady, Megatron, Alshon, Witten, Joe Thomas....I can't come up with many others off the top of my head.
    Yeah, really hope this thread can take off. Would love a thread with a discussion lacking too much bias.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Yeah, really hope this thread can take off. Would love a thread with a discussion lacking too much bias.
    I'm afraid at some point a player will not be mentioned yet and someone that's a fan of that guys team will get all mad and defensive.

Anywho.

Defensive players off the top of my head. Revis Verner Watt Thomas Hali Amukamra Boykin Atkins Darius Willis.

So much good defensive talent in the NFL right now.

Rookies I'm gonna keep and eye on: OBJr. Allen Robinson, Nix, Bortles. I think they all become something special.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    so isn't this just a "Favorite Player Who Doesn't Play For Your Team" thread?...which has happened/been attempted.

vCash
    Well, as a Steeler fan:

QB: Big Ben
    RB: Bell
    WR: Brown
    TE: Miller

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Witten and Thomas don't rhyme. Pick other people
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    And yet isn't that the very definition of a bandwagon hopper, e.g., they're a Niner fan when the team is winning, but the minute the Niners lose their shine they hop onto the next big thing?

I've seen that very thing happen recently, as one of my co-workers switched from being a Niner fan to a Seahawks fan just this season.

vCash

homer free zone

QB: Aaron Rodgers (ultimate anti-homerism right here)

RB: Jamaal Charles

WR: Calvin Johnson

TE: Jimmy Graham

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Long Shot View Post
    QB: Aaron Rodgers (ultimate anti-homerism right here)

RB: Jamaal Charles

TE: Jimmy Graham
    I like Jimmy but it's time to list him as a WR really. He's even fighting being tagged as a TE and saying he's a WR. Just my opinion on that one.

But that being said. He's hella talented at what he does. I like Witten because he's so reliable, talented, and blocks like a mofo.

vCash
    I like Jimmy but it's time to list him as a WR really. He's even fighting being tagged as a TE and saying he's a WR. Just my opinion on that one.

But that being said. He's hella talented at what he does. I like Witten because he's so reliable, talented, and blocks like a mofo.
    You're right on that count. He's still officially listed at TE, so I still count him as one. It will be interesting to see whether or not he actually changes positions or if he still officially stays at TE while playing the role of a WR and getting paid like one.

I like Witten too, but he's entering the twilight of his career. Don't get me wrong: he can still produce at a high level, but they have his successor waiting in the wings in Gavin Escobar, so I could see him either being cut or getting his deal restructured within the next 3 years or so.

vCash
    You're right on that count. He's still officially listed at TE, so I still count him as one. It will be interesting to see whether or not he actually changes positions or if he still officially stays at TE while playing the role of a WR and getting paid like one.

I like Witten too, but he's entering the twilight of his career. Don't get me wrong: he can still produce at a high level, but they have his successor waiting in the wings in Gavin Escobar, so I could see him either being cut or getting his deal restructured within the next 3 years or so.
    I can see Witten having a Gonzo ending to his career where he goes to a real contender and people remember how good his was/is. IMO that Dallas offense is just moving away from him with Dez and the emergence of Williams.

Agreed on the Jimmy thing. I got an increasing gut feeling he wins though.

vCash
    I can see Witten having a Gonzo ending to his career where he goes to a real contender and people remember how good his was/is. IMO that Dallas offense is just moving away from him with Dez and the emergence of Williams.

Agreed on the Jimmy thing. I got an increasing gut feeling he wins though.
    Yeah, the sooner Witten leaves Dallas, the better. I'd love to see him end up at a place like Seattle after year's end, though it might count too much against the cap.

vCash
    Yeah, the sooner Witten leaves Dallas, the better. I'd love to see him end up at a place like Seattle after year's end, though it might count too much against the cap.
    He'd probably be a great fit on the patriots.

vCash
    QB: A Rod
    RB: Shady/Jamal Charles
    TE: Vernon Davis
    CB: Richard Sheman/Revis
    Safety: Earl Thomas/Jairus Byrd

" Back on the grizzy. Sit back grab some fried chicken and gummy bears and enjoy the show."--Thus spaketh the Black Unicorn

vCash
    Maurkice Pouncey could be the #1 most overrated player in the league...am I allowed to say that in this thread?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast