Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Do you like the scheduling?

I was just wondering what everybody thought of the scheduling.

Back in the day, there would usually only be one day in between games, sometimes two if you were traveling cross country. So a 7-game series would likely take less than two weeks, but they way this is set up, if the series goes to 6 or 7 games, it will take THREE WEEKS!

Does anybody find this as annoying as I do? Or do you think there are benefits? Such as allowing players to rest and play at full strength to make the games better, or allow coaches to watch more tape with the players and develop better defensive and offensive schemes to adjust for who they are playing against.

Thoughts?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I believe the longer periods of time between games started during the mid-80s, specifically the C's vs. Lakers. Cross country travel.

I don't mind much. I'd rather guys be rested and the product be the best it can. Patience is a virtue!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam:28608420
    I believe the longer periods of time between games started during the mid-80s, specifically the C's vs. Lakers. Cross country travel.

I don't mind much. I'd rather guys be rested and the product be the best it can. Patience is a virtue!
    I find the long waits irritating and def a turn off for the casual fan. I have had to listen to many friends, family, and even my wife complain about how long the playoffs last. The only thing that makes it understandable to me is the post above. If it helps produce quality games of great teams then I cant complain.

vCash
    NBA is probably choosing the best time between games and time of the games. I realize that people get home from work around 5 or so, have dinner, maybe do some work at home, and then sit down for some leisure time. I am just slightly annoyed by how late games end, specifically these games that start @ 9 instead of 8. I would think 7PM would be better but perhaps that is too early. But I do wonder why we aren't seeing any Finals games on Sunday @ 1PM.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    NBA is probably choosing the best time between games and time of the games. I realize that people get home from work around 5 or so, have dinner, maybe do some work at home, and then sit down for some leisure time. I am just slightly annoyed by how late games end, specifically these games that start @ 9 instead of 8. I would think 7PM would be better but perhaps that is too early. But I do wonder why we aren't seeing any Finals games on Sunday @ 1PM.
    Yeah I was up at midnight last night and then had to wake up at 5am to get to work. That's rough. Especially on the kids. My students love to talk about the NBA but very few of them are staying up to watch these games.

vCash
    Yeah the only complain I have is late start times. I start work really early wouldn't mind 730 start times.

vCash

The nba needs the west coast involved and if you start them at 8 or earlier, people on pacific time aren't even out of work yet.

vCash
    I think the playoffs need to be shortened. Make them play back to backs in the postseason. We'll really see who is the best.

vCash
    The only thing I hate is why no friday or saturday night games? Its like the NBA personally hates me and is trying to make sure I can't sleep in the following day. lol

vCash

Fridays and Saturdays are the 2 worst nights for tv viewership

vCash
    I think playoffs seem long is because the season is long. If they cut back on the regular season games the playoffs won't seem as long.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asik's better View Post
    I think playoffs seem long is because the season is long. If they cut back on the regular season games the playoffs won't seem as long.
    I think it seems long because of the number of days in between games.

The Spurs ended their series against the Thunder on May 31. There have been ELEVEN DAYS go by since and we've only had two games. In the regular season teams would have played at least 5 games in that time, and perhaps even six or even seven!

THAT is why it seems long. Back in the day, if you finished a series, you had one night off before you went to play against the team that was waiting for you. If you wanted more rest time, you had to finish your series early.

Now they given them almost a week of. This isn't football! Jeez.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 06-11-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Im never in a rush to have the nba season end.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Im never in a rush to have the nba season end.
    this

vCash
    The schedule is being set by TNT/ABC to get games in the time slots they want. As a fan I don't really mind, as many people said it allows players to rest more, so they can play better basketball and reduce injuries. I think there should be a lot more rest days built into season for the same reason.

However, I think it turns off the casual fan. It's hard to maintain the excitement to watch the next game when there's more than a day off between them. Not everybody scours sports websites to fill the time.