Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Offseason Rumors and News

Post all Rumors, News, Minor Signings, Minor Trades etc in this thread. Major stuff can be made into its own thread.

vCash
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...artner=ya5nbcs

Blackhawks make a minor signing. Staying with their Swedish guys.

vCash
    Hawks love their Swedes. Sounds like a Q type player, solid defensively.

vCash
    He's also 6'3, 201, so potential for great size there.

vCash
    I think we trade Oduya and Klas Dahlbeck replaces him in the line-up. One thing to consider if we trade Leddy is that Clendening is a RHD. Stephen Johns is also a RHD. So we'd either need to sign someone to play with Hammer or sign a bottom pairing guy and use either Dahlbeck or Clendening with Hammer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I think we trade Oduya and Klas Dahlbeck replaces him in the line-up. One thing to consider if we trade Leddy is that Clendening is a RHD. Stephen Johns is also a RHD. So we'd either need to sign someone to play with Hammer or sign a bottom pairing guy and use either Dahlbeck or Clendening with Hammer.
    I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here. Hjalmarsson and Oduya are both LH shots. Hjalmarsson also left his more natural LD side to play RD when Oduya came over. We don't necessarily need to do anything with regard to signing a RH shooter or pairing him with one from the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm not sure I follow what you're saying hereAccording lmarsson and Oduya are both LH shots. Hjalmarsson also left his more natural LD side to play RD when Oduya came over. We don't necessarily need to do anything with regard to signing a RH shooter or pairing him with one from the system.
    Oops, I misspoke. We'd need a LHD to pair with Clendening if Leddy gets traded. I forgot that Hammer played RD with Oduya at LD.

I wonder if a Leddy for Brayden Schenn framework makes sense for both teams. According to Jaeckel, we're out on Kesler. Having said that, we'll probably get him haha.

vCash
    After watching this series, I'd love to sign Boyle from the Rangers. He'd be a solid get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    After watching this series, I'd love to sign Boyle from the Rangers. He'd be a solid get.
    He's not bad. He's more of a bottom-6 player though. He's over 50% on faceoffs and hits a good amount, so I wouldn't mind him for cheap. I think there's no way we go into next season without a solid 2C option. Hopefully if we deal Sharp, it's for a really good C. How would people feel about a Sharp for Kesler or Sharp for Thornton trade?

vCash
    Also, I'd look long and hard at signing Rick Nash if he gets bought out. He's coming off a down season and is exactly the type of forward we could use in our top-6. Imagine a top line of Nash-Toews-Hossa. That's probably the best two-way line in all of hockey. I wonder what kind of price tag he'd have. If he'd sign for $5 or $6 million (or possibly less than that) on a 1-year deal, I think I'd jump at that. He's not a hitter in the regular season, but he had over a hit per game in the playoffs while playing good defense. He's never played with a playmaker like Toews, so I'd love to see what he could do here.

I really want Alex Tuch in the draft. Here's an excerpt from one of his scouting reports:

Quote Originally Posted by MyNHLDraft.com Alex Tuch Profile
    Comparisons:
    1. Uniquely gifted forward who physically supports his line-mates: Jordan Staal.
    2. Big, grueling leader who rips it up offensively: Joe Thornton.
    3. Large, intelligent, two-way offensive juggernaut: Anze Kopitar.
    4. Hard-hitting power-forward who can do it all: David Backes.
    5. Leads by example, on and off the ice: Ryan Getzlaf.

Playing out of the US National Program, Tuch is a big robust winger who wreaks havoc by using his strength and size to wear down opponents. He is a rising prospect after a strong first half to his draft season and scouts are beginning to fancy his pro potential. Success has come from his competitive nature and ability to compliment his line mates by playing true to his brand of hockey winning puck battles and dominating possession.
    He plays C/W. Kind of reminds me of a David Backes type player, in that he's big, physical, can play both wing and center effectively, and plays a two-way game.

I also really like Anthony DeAngelo, who could very well be there by our pick. He's probably the top offensive-defenseman in the draft, but falls due to having some character concerns. Here's an article that explains it well: http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2014/0...hony-deangelo/
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 06-14-2014 at 03:36 AM.

vCash
    He's not bad. He's more of a bottom-6 player though. He's over 50% on faceoffs and hits a good amount, so I wouldn't mind him for cheap. I think there's no way we go into next season without a solid 2C option. Hopefully if we deal Sharp, it's for a really good C. How would people feel about a Sharp for Kesler or Sharp for Thornton trade?
    Oh I know he's not a top line player, but he's certainly make someone like Kruger more expendable in a trade for a bigger piece. That's why I like the idea. He'd give us more size and power as well.

vCash
    Oh I know he's not a top line player, but he's certainly make someone like Kruger more expendable in a trade for a bigger piece. That's why I like the idea. He'd give us more size and power as well.
    It would depend on the price. One player from the Rangers that I wish we had was Carl Hagelin. That guy is sooo fast, but he's also a really solid player that gives his team energy and can play on any line. He's also a good PK guy, I believe. He's signed for one more year though at a $2.25 million cap hit, so it won't happen.

13 more days until the draft! I expect the trade rumors to begin heating up in the next 4 or 5 days.

vCash
    It would depend on the price. One player from the Rangers that I wish we had was Carl Hagelin. That guy is sooo fast, but he's also a really solid player that gives his team energy and can play on any line. He's also a good PK guy, I believe. He's signed for one more year though at a $2.25 million cap hit, so it won't happen.

13 more days until the draft! I expect the trade rumors to begin heating up in the next 4 or 5 days.
    Boyle is probably towards the end of his career seeing as he's 31 IIRC, so he probably wouldn't cost much if he's going to chase rings. Who knows, I just think he makes sense.

vCash
    Boyle is probably towards the end of his career seeing as he's 31 IIRC, so he probably wouldn't cost much if he's going to chase rings. Who knows, I just think he makes sense.
    He's not super old though. There could be a decent market for a 6'7 C that wins faceoffs, hits, and plays on the PK. Not saying he'll get a ton of money, but may be more than we're wanting to pay considering we already have Kruger, who's a really solid 3rd line C.

vCash
    Eklund has us being one of the main teams interested in Mike Richards if he gets traded or bought out.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast