Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the Cubs building a dynasty?

It's absolutely crazy that they have these prospects in their system or on the big league team and they're all relatively around the same age.

Rizzo the oldest at 24.

They have basically every position filled with a prospect that's pretty highly thought of.

1B - Rizzo
    2B - Alcantara
    SS - Biaz
    3B - Bryant
    CF - Almora
    RF - Soler
    LF or Catcher - Schwarber

That is just unreal. I've ever seen anything like that in my life.

They have some decent pitchers coming through and most likely another top 3 pick next year to add a big time arm prospect.

I'm jumping on the Cubs wagon right now.

vCash

Are the Cubs building a dynasty?

It's not a dynasty until they put up major league numbers. There likely will be multiple busts but the potential is definitely there. Can't win on potential alone, though.

vCash
    Certainly trying to

But let's remember the fail rate of prospects, and their lack of good pitching prospects (so far, that's changing).

Bryant and Rizzo are beasts. Those two look great, but so did Moose and Hosmer a few years ago.

I am hoping the Cubs can be relevant again, the Cubs/Cards rivalry is no fun when they suck.

vCash
    Exactly. The chances of the majority of those prospects all fully living up to their expectations is very small.

vCash
    But, when you hear about a team with great young prospects. Position player prospects fail a lot less than pitching prospects.

So that's encouraging.

Fun young team though. Got these guys coming.

vCash
    It will be very interesting to see how they all develop Bryant has just looked special he's one guy I probably feel is the safest bet to be an all star caliber player. Soler is my next favorite when he's on the field he does nothing but hit if he can stay healthy and stop getting so many stupid nagging injuries he's another guy I can see being an all star caliber player one of the few Cuban players I've seen who won't beat themselves guy has outstanding plate discipline.

Pitching is the glaring weakness they have very few starters CJ Edwards is really the only legit #2 talent starter they have hopefully they can get some young good SP talent if they trade Shark and Hammel.

They do have though is electric bullpen arms you've seen 3-4 in the majors already but the guys who will likely be the late inning guys aren't up yet Arodys, Corey Black, and Zak Rosscup should be leading the way of a potential top bullpen in the majors in a year or two but Bullpens are very inconsistent so we'll see but talent wise they have legit relievers everywhere.

vCash
    They cobble together damn good pitching staffs with castoffs and declining prospects. I believe they have allowed the least HR in the entire league. Their SP rotation numbers are pretty awesome. Pitching really doesn't worry me; I think we can survive - better yet, thrive - if we do unfortunately end up trading Shark.

The lineup should hit 200+ HR perennially, probably beginning in 2016. The future lineup is absolutely loaded with power.

Also, you left off Castro. He's becoming a 20 HR guy and I don't see any prospect bumping him from SS.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Castro has 0.8 fWAR and 0.2 rWAR over the last 220 games. It's possible he's just a below average player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    They cobble together damn good pitching staffs with castoffs and declining prospects. I believe they have allowed the least HR in the entire league. Their SP rotation numbers are pretty awesome. Pitching really doesn't worry me; I think we can survive - better yet, thrive - if we do unfortunately end up trading Shark.

The lineup should hit 200+ HR perennially, probably beginning in 2016. The future lineup is absolutely loaded with power.

Also, you left off Castro. He's becoming a 20 HR guy and I don't see any prospect bumping him from SS.
    Uh yeah except Baez hit 37 HR in the minors last season....

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    I think people are overrating Alcantara. Cubs would be better off with Castro in the starting lineup. Almora has been bad enough so far that it's way too early to include him in starting lineups.

They are trying to build a dynasty but I don't expect it. There's too many smart front offices to expect a division winner 6 out of 8 years or something similar. I don't think they are that smart to pull something like that off.
    Last edited by Mell413; 06-10-2014 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Uh yeah except Baez hit 37 HR in the minors last season....
    I don't think Baez plays SS for us. I think he takes 2B when it's all said and done.

You just dont discard Castro.

vCash
    i like a lot of the hitting specs in their system,but think they need some better pitching.

i think you are jumping the gun abit ,making a huge assumption that 1.all the prospects pan out and make it to the bigs ,and 2.they will reach their full potential;which probably wont happen for all of them.they should be a set up for a run a few years from now though(but dynasty? i'll always take the bet against that happening, no matter the team)
    Last edited by abe_froman; 06-10-2014 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I don't think Baez plays SS for us. I think he takes 2B when it's all said and done.

You just dont discard Castro.
    Make no mistake, Baez will be your SS and that is pretty apparent since the Cubs have not changed his position yet. Castro will be the one who moves, and he is even open to the change.

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/cubs-...ch-javier-baez

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I think people are overrating Alcantara. Cubs would be better off with Castro in the starting lineup. Almora has been bad enough so far that it's way too early to include him in starting lineups.

They are trying to build a dynasty but I don't expect it. There's too many smart front offices to expect a division winner 6 out of 8 years or something similar. I don't think they are that smart to pull something like that off.
    Alcantara does have 30 XBH already and his ISO has grown steadily every year. I think his discipline will be a big determinant in whether he has MLB success but goddamn he's actually really good. We're talking about a 22 yr old dude with a 250 ISO; aided by the PCL, maybe, but Iowa isn't the same as some other cities in the circuit, so I don't completely start adjusting the numbers. 150-180 ISO is certainly possible with him in the Majors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Make no mistake, Baez will be your SS and that is pretty apparent since the Cubs have not changed his position yet. Castro will be the one who moves, and he is even open to the change.

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/cubs-...ch-javier-baez
    There is no reason to move him away from SS just yet prospects have much more value around the league as a shortstop. And Baez has been working at 2nd base for the last year the odds of him playing SS for the Cubs is highly unlikely.

And last time I checked Castro wasn't a manager or a FO executive. Unless Castro is traded Baez isn't playing SS that would be a down grade defensively although Castro has his occasional bone headed plays he still covers an awful amount of ground and for his age he's improved every year taking his defense much more serious this time. Baez is going going to play 2nd or 3rd in the majors it's been said by Theo and company many times I think Cubs fans know a little more about their team than you do showing one article that says Castro would be willing to move for his friend like he'd say anything differently.
    Last edited by Rndy; 06-10-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast