Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wade fined for flopping

5000$ is nothing to these guys. What else can be done?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...flop-in-game-2
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    imo it has to be suspensions. These weak fines don't do anything to discourage it.
    That goes for Wade cp3 lebron harden manu blake, anyone and everyone. I hate flopping.

RUDY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    imo it has to be suspensions. These weak fines don't do anything to discourage it.
    That goes for Wade cp3 lebron harden manu blake, anyone and everyone. I hate flopping.
    Amen.

vCash
    I was just checking the cumulative fines for flopping - maxes out at 30K for your 5th flop, and a potential suspension for your 6th - but found this gem: "It's good. Guys can't be flopping and get away with it anymore," Oklahoma City guard James Harden said. "It was bound to happen at some point. Obviously, the league got fed up with it and they put it in. I'm happy they did."

vCash
    it can really change the game so imo after a few times it should be a suspension...it was such a close game that that flop really could have changed the outcome...he laughs at 5000 ...that's like taking 2 dollars out of a paycheck anyone of us 2$ and expecting it to deter us from cheating to help us with work

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Offensive flopping is a bigger issue in my opinion, and it's perfectly legal in most instances. IE jumping sideways into the defender when he goes airborn to get the free throws on their "shot attempt". I was happy to see Van Gundy actually make mention of this in the last game, maybe it will gain some traction. It's by far the most theatrical sport in the world (makes Portugese footballers look like Gladiators) and seeing as the players are fine with it, the league needs to put an end to it and start calling these (in the case of a sideways-jump-shot, it should be an offensive foul and a fine. Bam. 99% of these cease to exist the next game).

vCash
    Fine should be a percentage of your pay, not a flat rate. Its not fair to fine guys making league minimum the same as a max player.

Should be like .2% of your salary per flop.

For Wade, that would be $37,340. For Oden, that would be $2054.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Offensive flopping is a bigger issue in my opinion, and it's perfectly legal in most instances. IE jumping sideways into the defender when he goes airborn to get the free throws on their "shot attempt". I was happy to see Van Gundy actually make mention of this in the last game, maybe it will gain some traction. It's by far the most theatrical sport in the world (makes Portugese footballers look like Gladiators) and seeing as the players are fine with it, the league needs to put an end to it and start calling these (in the case of a sideways-jump-shot, it should be an offensive foul and a fine. Bam. 99% of these cease to exist the next game).
    100% agree. Intentionally drawing a foul is not hard to spot and is just as unsportsmanlike as flopping. I hate watching players milk the refs for free throws.

vCash
    What is the point of this? Wtf is $5000 to wade? I think it's assinine to even fine them. They should hand out a suspension after so many flops

vCash

Wade fined for flopping

I think due to being at the highest stage of basketball, the fines should be more harsh.

5k is okay for a regular season game but a nba finals game should be a harsher fine/punishment.
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    I've always believed that any player determined to have flopped should be given a personal foul assessed at the beginning of the next game.

Wade should start game 3 with a foul. While it wouldn't suspend him from the game, he be on a shorter leash at the outset of it, which could impact his influence..

A monetary fine means nothing, no matter how much. An in-game consequence is the only solution for an in-game violation, imo..
    Last edited by Shmontaine; 06-09-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    You need to start getting suspended for it.

Only way you'll ever fix it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmontaine View Post
    I've always believed that any player determined to have flopped should be given a personal foul assessed at the beginning of the next game.

Wade should start game 3 with a foul. While it wouldn't suspend him from the game, he be on a shorter leash at the outset of it, which could impact his influence..

A monetary fine means nothing, no matter how much. An in-game consequence is the only solution for an in-game violation, imo..
    Only problem with that is that a different team gains for that flop usually then the team that it was against.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Only problem with that is that a different team gains for that flop usually then the team that it was against.
    Not in the post season, where the advantage for flopping is the most beneficial. Only potential issue would be finals elimination game.

It's about punishing the flopper more than negating the flop. The deed is done, the flop already gotten away with.
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    Drawing a cheap foul in the Finals > $5,000 of Wade's money.

Agree with the rest, the punishment ain't enough. No way $5,000 is enough of a deterrent.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast