Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

People overreacting about the Machado bat throw

It's not like he ran out to the mound and chucked his bat at the pitcher. He threw it to the 3rd base line.

And this is after they threw at his surgically repaired knee twice. Maybe this was A's retaliation after Chen threw and hit Donaldson. Well then OK. If Donaldson would have charged Chen then it's no big deal. Same with Machado retaliating. It's not a big deal, we act like it's Ok to throw a 95 mph projectile at a players body, but it's unacceptable in baseball to do anything, but take your base.

That's some BS.

vCash
    The bat throw wasn't all that Machado did in the series vs. the A's....and no, I don't think it is an overreaction to publicly call out a super young player that is conducting himself like an entitled little *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The bat throw wasn't all that Machado did in the series vs. the A's....and no, I don't think it is an overreaction to publicly call out a super young player that is conducting himself like an entitled little *****.
    What else did he do in the series? He hit the catcher on his backswing. That's an accident.

vCash
    He got mad at Donaldson for tagging him out at third. Apparently a little too hard for his liking.. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy king 88 View Post
    He got mad at Donaldson for tagging him out at third. Apparently a little too hard for his liking.. Lol
    I know I saw that live. Donaldson looked like he gave an unnecessary jab into the ribs. Like WTF the guy is out.

vCash
    Over reacting?

He went nuts in this series....getting way to upset at Donaldson over a tag which was completely a justified tag, and then having his team throw at Donaldson (at his head).

I get that they were throwing at him when he threw his bat, but that was 100% intentionally, the catcher had already caught the ball when he threw the bat.

Oh, and hitting Derek Norris twice in the head with bat swings, and then laughing about it when he had to leave the game.

And then the cussing in the post-game interview.

Machado was 100% in the wrong all series. I am really shocked by the lack of maturity he demonstrated. And there is a serious lack of humility about it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beyourself View Post
    What else did he do in the series? He hit the catcher on his backswing. That's an accident.
    It wasn't that it was an accident, it was that he showed zero remorse, didn't apologize at all for hitting him...twice!

vCash
    He did it twice, and then laughed when Norris had to be taken off the field.

And he was overly aggressive toward Donaldson for an innocent tag, and he wanted his team to throw at Donaldson

He was significantly over the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Over reacting?

He went nuts in this series....getting way to upset at Donaldson over a tag which was completely a justified tag, and then having his team throw at Donaldson (at his head).

We aren't in his shoes. The tag looked like a completely unnecessary jab to the ribs. Just move on after the confrontation.

I get that they were throwing at him when he threw his bat, but that was 100% intentionally, the catcher had already caught the ball when he threw the bat.

Chen threw at Donaldson, if Donaldson had a problem with it, he should have then charged the mound, IMO he would have been justified. Machado isn't involved with that incident.

Oh, and hitting Derek Norris twice in the head with bat swings, and then laughing about it when he had to leave the game.

We don't know if he was laughing, he wasn't caught laughing on the TV broadcast. Norris leaving the game is just injury that happens in sports.

And then the cussing in the post-game interview.

I was not aware of that to be honest. I'll have to look into that. Where do you see that?

Machado was 100% in the wrong all series. I am really shocked by the lack of maturity he demonstrated. And there is a serious lack of humility about it too.
    So a lot of this is just unfortunate events.

vCash
    I know I saw that live. Donaldson looked like he gave an unnecessary jab into the ribs. Like WTF the guy is out.
    Here is the tag

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33486795/oak...hado/?c_id=mlb

That's a completely reasonable tag, Machado was trying to avoid the tag, so he had to actually go after him with it.

And Machado throws his helmet like that?

Come on.

And then these

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33566833/oak...wice/?c_id=mlb

Machado knows he hit him, and doesn't say anything like 'you alright'....and then smiles when he leaves the game

If it's accidental, certainly you would check on the guy. But he did it twice, and didn't seem to give a ****.

And this bat throw looks very intentional
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v33552351/oak...more/?c_id=mlb

Machado staring, looking for a situation. Not that throwing at a hitter is ever justified, but they did throw at Donaldson over nothing.

Machado looks like a little ***** in all of this, big time. I am shocked by his maturity through all of this. Hopefully he grows up and learns from it. But I am guessing at this moment, he thinks he was justified.

vCash
    It's not an unfortunate event.

Machado completely over reacting and confronted Donaldson over a tag. It's a tag, and Machado was trying to get out of the way. If Machado just goes in and accepts the tag, I doubt Donaldson has any aggression toward tagging him.

You don't see Machado throw his helmet and yell at him?

Why on earth should Donadlson charge the mound? You are asking for even less mature behavior by the players.

Machado is the reason they threw at him. He is directly involved.

Catchers don't get hit multiple times on back swings, it happens very rarely....but when they do, they check on the catcher and hope for them to be okay. Nobody wants to see someone hurt, but Machado didn't seem to mind seeing a catcher get hurt by him.

The post game interview was on MLB Network last night, I can't find it online at the moment.

vCash
    Jeffy I understand all your points. It just seems like we aren't giving the player the benefit of the doubt. The tag play is up for interpretation and only Donaldson and Machado know if the tag was a douche tag or not.

Machado is pretty justified in retaliating after throwing at him.

And the fact that he didn't apologize after the backswings is understandable. He had just K'ed the first time and the second time he was in the middle of his AB. In the heat of the game he's trying to perform, that's understandable as a pro. He should apologize in the coming days and check in on him, but Norris already said he was OK, so it may not be necessary.

vCash
    He did that multiple times and then was laughing about it when Norris had to leave the game. You don't know it was an accident anymore than I know it was on purpose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    It wasn't that it was an accident, it was that he showed zero remorse, didn't apologize at all for hitting him...twice!
    Also this.

vCash
    Not at all.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast