Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you believe Pete Carroll?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 9.09%
  • No

20 90.91%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs down Pete Carroll would've stayed at USC had he known sanctions

Pete Carroll became just the third head coach with a Super Bowl title and a national championship in college football in February when the Seattle Seahawks routed the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl. But he said he would not have left USC in 2010 had he known what he knows now about the NCAA's treatment of USC.

USC officially comes off probation Tuesday, a probation that was levied on June 10, 2010 -- almost five months to the day (January 11) that Carroll left for Seattle.

"Had we known that that was imminent ... I would never have been able to leave under those circumstances," Carroll told the Los Angeles Times. "When I look back now, I would have stayed there to do what we needed to do to resolve the problem."

USC was cited for a lack of institutional control, and hit with a two-season postseason ban and lost 30 scholarships over a three-year period. The school also was eventually stripped of a BCS national championship.

In the ensuing four years, Carroll frequently has noted his criticism of the NCAA, including right after the Super Bowl win. He criticized the NCAA again to the Times.

"What I hope comes out of this is that this never happens to a university again," he said. "I think it was extraordinarily overdone, an overreaction."

USC athletic director Pat Haden told the Times he has no issues with Carroll. "In house (at USC) and by myself, Pete Carroll is revered," Haden said.

In February, Carroll joined Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as the only head coaches to win a Super Bowl and a national championship in college football.
    Link

vCash
    I met Carroll while he was at USC because I went to high school with his son and we both played ball. I rode in his car all the way to Mission Viejo for passing league (coincidentally Mark Sanchez was going to high school there at the time). He actually seemed like a nice guy, although a little wierd. I think the chance to have total control of an NFL team and get paid like he did was too much too pass up because he really liked living in Los Angeles. And he had done everything you could at USC.

vCash
    Yeah ******* right....

vCash
    Sure Pete, sure you would have....
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    And before Seahawks fans get all uppity, you could substitute any name here and my feelings would be the same.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Any coach who skips on a school with sanctions is chickenshit in my book. Chip, Pete, OBrien. All those guys are the same IMO.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Nah, I think he really didn't know
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slaker619 View Post
    When your under investigation like they were he knew something was up.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Lol right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Any coach who skips on a school with sanctions is chickenshit in my book. Chip, Pete, OBrien. All those guys are the same IMO.
    To be fair to Chip and O'Brien, they took the first NFL offer they got. That and I believe Chip probably takes the Philly job even if there weren't sanctions on Oregon(which ended up being minor anyway.)

vCash
    I don't think he jumped because of the sanctions. Doubt he would stay though. Complete control of a NFL organization is something every coach wants.

O'Brien went to Penn State and didn't realize that they were going to be as bad as they were. He also said he wanted to be a HC for a NFL team. He made that clear before and after going to Penn St.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    I don't really have a problem with coaches bolting a lot of the sanctions can be over silly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by slaker619 View Post
    I am guessing he did but i don't remember his name coming up in the reports of the incidents correct me if i am wrong i don't remember.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-09-2014 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Bull crap!!!! They got caught...He jumped ship.

vCash
    Yeah I don't really believe that. He had to know that something was happening. The best thing for him was to get out of there before the sanctions and it turned out to be a smart move. Cowardly maybe, but smart so I don't blame him too much
    2014 PSD Mock NFL Draft Baltimore Ravens
    Round 1: S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    Does anything believe that creepy deceitful grin. I mean he gives his entire pro team steroids. Why wouldn't he cheat in college too?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast