Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Draft Class

1 (26) Michael Chavis IF Sprayberry HS (GA)($1,870,500)
    1 (33) Michael Kopech RHP Mount Pleasant HS (TX) ($1.5M, underslot)
    2 (67) Sam Travis 1B Indiana ($846K)
    3 (103) Jake Cosart RHP Seminole State (FL)($450K, underslot)
    4 Kevin McAvoy RHP Bryant($300K, underslot)
    5 Josh Ockimey 1B Neumann-Goretti HS (PA) ($450K, overslot)
    6 Danny Mars CF Chipola College (FL) ($211.8K)
    7 Reed Reilly RHP Cal Poly - SLO($107.5k)
    8 Ben Moore C Alabama ($152.7K)
    9 Kevin Steen RHP Oak Ridge HS (TN)($255K)
    10 Cole Sturgeon OF Louisville($10K)
    11 Karsten Whitson RHP Florida ($100K)
    12 Jalen Beeks LHP Arkansas
    13 Chandler Shepherd RHP Kentucky(<$100K)
    14 Jordan Procyshen C Northern Kentucky($50K)
    15 Trenton Kemp CF Buchanan HS (CA) ($250K, overslot)
    16 Michael Gunn LHP Arkansas
    17 Jeremy Rivera SS El Paso CC (TX)
    18 Jordan Betts 3B Duke(<$100K)
    19 Tyler Hill CF Delaware Military (DE)
    20 Devon Fisher C Western Branch HS (VA)($300K, overslot)
    21 Ian Rice C Chipola College (FL)
    22 JJ Matijevic SS Norwin HS (PA)
    23 Derek Miller CF Texas-Arlington
    24 Cisco Tellez 1B Cal-Riverside
    25 Gabe Klobosits RHP Galveston
    26 Ryan Harris RHP Florida
    27 Taylor Nunez RHP Southern Miss
    28 David Peterson LHP Regis Jesuit HS (CO)
    29 Josh Pennington RHP Lower Cape May RHS (NJ)
    30 Jeren Kendall CF Holmen HS (WI)
    31 Alex Mckeon C Texas A&M International
    32 Case Rolen RHP Sherman HS (TX)
    33 Luis Alvarado RF PR Baseball Acad. (PR)
    34 Kuehl McEachern RHP Flagler College
    35 Ross Puskarich 3B Liberty HS (CA)
    36 Bradley Wilpon RHP Brunswick HS (CT)
    37 Hector Lorenzana SS Oklahoma
    38 Brandon Show RHP San Diego
    39 Mike Gretler SS Bonney Lake HS (WA)
    40 Joseph Winterburn C La Verne (CA)

Players have until July 18 to sign.
    Signed/committed players in bold.
    Players declining contracts in red.
    Last edited by RedSoxtober; 07-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    From our good friends over at SP...

Alex McKeon

TAMIU's Head Baseball Coach, Chad Porter, said McKeon will sign with the Red Sox. Although that means he will not be able to return to the TAMIU baseball field, Coach Porter said he is ecstatic to see one of his player’s dreams come true.

"To have one of your own, to have one of your players have their name get called and they get to live their dream, it's special. That's what you are in this for, you are in this for the kids and I'm the happiest coach in the world right now and I have one of the happiest players in the world. There is no other feeling like it, you can't describe it."

McKeon is playing in a prospects league in West Virginia now, but is expected to go to Fort Myers, FL to sign with Boston.
    Jorden Procyshen

“They were just trying to get some paperwork in order and get me signed as quick as possible so I can get started to play already,” Procyshen said after being drafted Saturday.

Once Procyshen signs, he’s expected to be assigned to either the Red Sox’s rookie-ball affiliate, the Lowell Spinners, of the New York Penn League, or the low-A Greenville Drive, of the South Atlantic League.
    Kevin McAvoy

McAvoy said he will forgo his final season with Bryant and sign with the Red Sox. He said some Class A leagues start a week from Friday.
    Josh Pennington

Pennington, who has a scholarship offer from St. John's, said he will sign. Pennington, a right-handed pitcher might have been drafted higher, but he injured his elbow in April and will undergo Tommy John surgery later this month.

"For me, it's just a dream come true," Pennington said. "It's the only thing I've ever wanted. When I realized I was going to be a professional baseball player, everything hit me. I became really emotional. Everything hit me."

Pennington said he hoped before the draft that the Red Sox would choose him. Pennington said he will probably sign after Dr. James Andrews performs the Tommy John surgery on June 23.
    Ross Puskarich

Puskarich, who hit .459 with six home runs and 33 RBIs for the Patriots this year, found out that he had been drafted via Twitter.

"It's awesome," Puskarich said. "It opens up a lot of things. It looks nice on the resume for later years. And it helps me going into school, being young."

Puskarich is set to play for the University of San Francisco this upcoming year.

"I'm most likely going to school but I'm still going to hear out what the Red Sox have to say," he said.
    Bradley Wilpon

Bradley Wilpon has committed to play baseball at Penn and still plans to be a Quaker in 2014-15. He will attend the Wharton School of Business.
    Jeren Kendall

Kyle Deckelbaum ‏@news8kyle 17h
    Just spoke to Jeren Kendall's dad, Jeremey. He says Jeren will definitely attend @vandybaseball in the fall
    Scott Emerich ‏@scottemerich19 17h
    Holmen's Jeren Kendall (drafted in 30th rd by Red Sox) told me that he will stick with his college plans and play at #vanderbiltbaseball

Jalen Beeks

Left-hander Jalen Beeks (6-4) of Prairie Grove, who ranked third in the SEC with a 1.98 earned run average, went in the 12th round with the 374th pick to the Boston Red Sox. Left-handed reliever Michael Gunn also was drafted by the Red Sox, who made him the 494th pick in the 16th round.

Arkansas Coach Dave Van Horn said earlier in the week that he expected Beeks, Gunn ... to sign professional contracts.
    Jordan Betts

Jordan Betts didn’t grow up as a diehard fan of a particular baseball team. He rooted more for individual players. And his favorite player of them all was a fellow New Hanover High graduate, Trot Nixon.

As such, he became partial to Nixon’s team, the Boston Red Sox.

Whatever the reason, Betts said he’s glad that the uncertainty is finally over and he can once again concentrate on baseball and the start of his professional career.

Betts said he hasn’t yet been told where he will begin playing minor league ball. Chances are he’ll spend this summer with the Lowell (Mass.) Spinners of the short-season Class A New York-Penn League.
    Ben Moore

The Alabama outfielder was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the eighth round, pick No. 254 of the Major League Baseball Amateur Draft. Moore will leave school a year early to play professional baseball.

"I just felt like it's the right thing to do if the right opportunity came," Moore told ABC 3340. "It presented itself and I feel at piece with it. I'm ready to go play and I'm just so happy the Red Sox believed in me and took a chance on me."
    Sam Travis

“I grew up watching baseball on TV and getting an opportunity to play in one of the most historic ballparks is really exciting,” said Travis, an Orland Park resident. “When my name got called, it was a surreal experience. I’m ready to go and start moving on with my baseball career.”
    Couple of tweets...

Chandler Shepherd™ ‏@jcshepherd14
    Picked up at the airport by a limo. Got a driver showing me downtown Boston.
    Tyler Hill ‏@4_RealHill
    3 days left in Delaware
    Danny Mars ‏@dmars22
    Headed out to start the job that I love. See you in a couple months Sarasota! ⚾️ #soxnation
    Last edited by AI; 06-09-2014 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Michael Kopech, the hard-throwing right-hander whom the Red Sox selected with one of their two first-round picks (No. 33 overall), said by phone on Tuesday that he has reached an agreement to sign with the Red Sox and that he has informed the University of Arizona (which he’d accepted a scholarship to attend) of his decision. The agreement is not yet final, pending a physical, but Kopech is expected in Boston in the coming days to finalize his agreement. Kopech said that his agreement with the Sox was for “a little under” the slot recommendation of $1.678 million, meaning that the Red Sox will have some additional flexibility to spend on other draftees.
    weei.com

vCash
    Taylor Nunez

Jason Munz ‏@munzly 19h
    Southern Miss pitcher Taylor Nunez tells me he will forgo his senior season and sign with the Boston Red Sox, who drafted him in 27th round.

vCash
    Kuehl McEachern

McEachern has signed with the Red Sox and is no longer on the Lightning roster.

vCash
    [B]Ben Moore[/B]

Moore will forego his senior season at Alabama in order to pursue his professional aspirations, a decision he didn’t take lightly. The recent All-SEC second-teamer called his time in Tuscaloosa an “unforgettable experience” and “the greatest three years of my life.”

“It’s just one of those deals where it’s the right thing to do,” he said. “I feel at peace with it.”

vCash
    Hector Lorenzana @heczana12 · Jun 7
    I want to thank redsox organization for giving me the opportunity to play professional baseball!! Can't wait to get on the field again!

vCash
    Seems like you might be able to add Devon Fisher to the list of draftees who are going to sign:

Excited for a good reason. Fisher was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the 20th round of the Amateur Baseball Draft. He was the 614 player selected over, but the third catcher selected by the Red Sox. “The city of Boston has a huge fan base. They will always be there for you. It’s a tough place to play, but it will make you better,” said Fisher.

Western Branch head coach Roland Wright says Fisher is a true leader that controls the defense for the Bruins. “He has called all of our pitches this year which is a first for me since 2010 and he called what I would have called most of the time. He does a great job handling our pitcher and adds a new dimension to our defense because most teams will not run on us.”

Fisher had already committed to play his college baseball at UVa, but said he will forgo college to begin his professional career. “I viewed UVa as a security net for me in case something happened to me I would have three years of college to get ready and prepare and move on,” added Fisher.

Fisher will report to rookie camp in two weeks, but has some unfinished business to attend to as his Bruins are playing for a state championship this weekend. “I’ve got to leave pretty soon, so hopefully we do well and win a ring and then I will be on my way,” said Fisher.
    http://wavy.com/2014/06/10/devon-fis...oston-red-sox/

Kind of cool to see someone who played his high school ball a couple of blocks down the road get drafted by the Red Sox.

vCash
    Redundant but perhaps more official...
    The Red Sox have reached an agreement, pending a physical, with right-hander Michael Kopech, their supplemental first-round pick in last week's amateur draft.
    Boston Herald

vCash
    Josh Ockimey

Josh Ockimey ‏@josh_ock
    Made my decision to start my professional career with the Boston Red Sox.I want to thank @hoosierbaseball for the recruiting and best wishes
    Trenton Kemp

Sanger High right-hander Luis Ortiz signed Wednesday with the Texas Rangers, while Buchanan outfielder Trenton Kemp was poised to do the same this week with the Boston Red Sox.

Kemp, who went in the 15th round, No. 464 overall, was to head to Boston's spring home in Fort Myers, Fla., on Thursday to sign his deal.

vCash
    Tyler Hill

Tyler Hill @4_RealHill:
    @mike_merril I'm up north I was down beginning of this week but I leave for Fort Myers tomorrow

vCash
    Trenton Kemp

Jim Callis ✔ @jimcallisMLB
    15th-rder Trenton Kemp, @RedSox agree on $250k ($150k counts vs pool). Calif HS OF, VG athlete, No. 111 on @MLBPipeline 200. @MLBDraft
    David Peterson

The Rogues had three new players on the field for them today with LHP David Peterson, OF Christian Cox and catcher Tanner Lubach all making their Rogues debuts in front of 846 enthusiastic fans. Peterson (0-1), who decided to forego being drafted by the Boston Red Sox in order to attend the University of Oregon in the fall, pitched five innings for the Rogues. He ended the night with four hits, one run, three batters walked, and one strike out.
    Jeremy Rivera

Signed and is at Lowell.

vCash
    Picked this up via Sox Prospects (Sam Travis):

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/sp...l#.U5nY3Sjb7m1

“I grew up watching baseball on TV and getting an opportunity to play in one of the most historic ballparks is really exciting,” said Travis, an Orland Park resident. “When my name got called, it was a surreal experience. I’m ready to go and start moving on with my baseball career.”
    Obviously, it's not a, "Hey, signed with the Red Sox," but it sounds like he will sign.

EDIT: Didn't see that you already posted this AI, was just looking at the names up top bro.

vCash
    Josh Ockimey

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallismlb
    5th-rder Josh Ockimey, redsox agree on $450k bonus (pick 164 value = $282,800). Slugging HS 1B from Philadelphia. @mlbdraft
    Danny Mars

Chris Cotillo ‏@chriscotillo
    #RedSox have agreement now with 6th-rounder (194) Danny Mars. He gets slot value of $211.8K.
    And another tweet from Cotillo...

Chris Cotillo ‏@chriscotillo
    #RedSox have 5th, 6th rounders done. 3rd rdr Cosart, 4th rdr McAvoy, 7th rdr Reilly said to be close as well.

vCash
    From what I've read/seen, we basically have our first 20 picks locked up (haven't heard much about Chavis but he's a lock to sign). Also haven't heard much about Steen or Sturgeon but if they were selected in the first 10 rounds I'm sure they knew what they'd sign for, otherwise they wouldn't of drafted them and risked losing the slot allotments for those rounds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast