Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why is Lebron hated while Jordan was loved

I just want to know your thoughts,
    Why is LeBron not loved by most nba fans when he is clearly the best player right now?
    (Probably 50% loves him, 50% hates him)

While Jordan, as i remember was clearly hailed by everyone. I was still young back then but i dont remember people hating on him.

While growing up, i noticed people always love the great players,
    Kobe, tmac, vince.
    But when it comes to lebron?
    Im nt so sure..

vCash
    The diffrence between now and then, the amount of technology that people can share their stupidness with. People are dumb, once the rot sets in, theres no turning back.

vCash
    Also, ever since his abc or nbc or whatever the "decission" turned me away from liking the guy. Especially since chicago was a top 3 choice

vCash
    Age of social media has a large part in it. Bob Costas had a good quote on this while backing up James this morning. Perhaps someone will post it.

vCash
    I think there are a bunch of factors. If Jordan was in his prime right now I think he would get close to the same amount of hate Lebron gets. With the way the internet is now, there are tons of people trying to get attention and the easiest way to do that is to say something negative. So haters in general are in full force and now have an easy way to get the attention they crave.

vCash
    Michael Jordan stayed in Chicago through thick and thin except that one Wizards year that meant nothing hahah fans automatically love a player that stays in the same place during their career, he also didnt team up with other superstars they were drafted with him through the organization and wanted to beat the other star players Bird and Magic...thats why i personally dont like him the way he left Cleveland and i know people think thats stupid but just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    Michael Jordan stayed in Chicago through thick and thin except that one Wizards year that meant nothing hahah fans automatically love a player that stays in the same place during their career, he also didnt team up with other superstars they were drafted with him through the organization and wanted to beat the other star players Bird and Magic....thats why i personally dont like him the way he left Cleveland and i know people think thats stupid but just my opinion
    Same here. I'm a Lebron hater but I can't lie he is the best basketball player in the world and it's not even close! I just lost respect for him when "he took his talents to South Beach". I just wanted him to bring the city of a championship so bad and be a hometown hero. The only way I could see myself rooting for him if he became a Rocket.

vCash

Why is Lebron hated while jordan was loved

For me it's I don't care who hates, that's your choice as long as you say he's one of the best players ever.

I love watching him play and I'm a Bulls fan. Now watching Wade play is extremely annoying for many reasons.

1. Complains that he was fouled every offensive trip.

2. Never commits a foul if you ask him.

3. Turns the ball over and then just stands there while LeBron normally chases it down and makes a play, then Wade is just cherry picking at the other end.

Wade was fun back when he played with Shaq, but now he is just whiny and riding on the coattails of one of the greatest.

vCash
    Social media overblows everything. We didn't get gifs and memes 10 minutes everytime Jordan flopped or complained for a foul like we do Bron

My American Hero

KoB Owns My Soul For Life

vCash
    It's a combination of 2 or 3 reasons. 1. Michael stayed in Chicago (nobody really counts the wizards lol) went through the bad and the good. He also played against rivals that made him more appealing to watch battle with.

2. Some people don't like him because everyone tries to compare him to Jordan. And the new generation of fans claim he's better than Jordan. And there are those that defend Kobe and tmac etc . Nobody wants to hear their favorite superstar isn't the best. I myself am a laker fan first. But I won't lie that Kobe and MJ are my to 2. I like their hate to lose attitude. And their assassin like demeanor. But that doesn't take anything away from LeBron. I can say he's the best in the league.

3. Lastly and the most dumb. People don't like cuz he so called "whines" about calls and such. But I haven't seen one superstar that doesn't in some way shape or form. It can be Tim Duncans big eyes to LeBron and kobes hand gestures.

It's usually mainly reason 1&2 tho

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE CHAMPION! U MAD?

vCash
    The notion that LeBron wasn't hated and chided before "The Decision" is a cute one. I do genuinely believe that The Decision did trigger some new dislike among some people, but for most it just seems like a simple justification for the actual petty reasons they despise the man.

People hate great players. I don't really despise any athlete that's not great, thinking of those that I do or have disliked in the past. We get turned off by hype all the time and don't like when great players threaten our beloved great players (like, Peyton Manning v. Tom Brady for me). That's the crux of it 9 times out of 10. People come up with these other reasons to more justify their hate and make them feel better about it, but usually it just boils down to great players having great success on the court and people not liking that.

Stuff like whining, flopping, ego, etc. etc. can be said about almost 80% of the league probably. That's not the real reason people dislike the guy. It's how they justify it, but it's not the reason. If he was a league-average player and behaved the exact same he did, no one would care.

And yeah, it's harder these days. Literally everything is news. Every soundbite is overanalyzed. Every tweet is dissected. Every reaction on the court is caught by someone. Everything is public. Everything is scrutinized. It all provides more phony sanctimony to people's core hatred of players.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Because alot of people didn't realize how big of a douche Jordan was. He wasn't nearly as overexposed as players are these days.

vCash
    Everyone respected him in Cleveland. then when he did the big media whore event to stick the knife in Clevelands back to go to south beach, everyone outside of Miami thought he was a dick

oh, and the fact he colluded with bosh and wade to win easy rings didnt help either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    For me it's I don't care who hates, that's your choice as long as you say he's one of the best players ever.

I love watching him play and I'm a Bulls fan. Now watching Wade play is extremely annoying for many reasons.

1. Complains that he was fouled every offensive trip.

2. Never commits a foul if you ask him.

3. Turns the ball over and then just stands there while LeBron normally chases it down and makes a play, then Wade is just cherry picking at the other end.

Wade was fun back when he played with Shaq, but now he is just whiny and riding on the coattails of one of the greatest.
    This really has nothing to even do with the question so why even post it?

vCash

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast