Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Permanent Game Thread

Figured we might as well just have a permanent thread since we don't make them anymore.

vCash
    You guys see that Machado-Donaldson tag? Why the hell was Machado so pissed? Donaldson didn't do anything lol

vCash
    I was watching the game when it happened, Machado way over reacted.

He should have been beaned with one as well for Chen going at Donaldson imo.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Machado's flying bat was too funny.
    He was so late with the pitch, and it just so happened he let go of the bat?
    Jaso, first out of the dugout/in Machado's face was the key play of the game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Machado's flying bat was too funny.
    He was so late with the pitch, and it just so happened he let go of the bat?
    Jaso, first out of the dugout/in Machado's face was the key play of the game!
    Lol yeah seriously, has machado even looked at that replay himself? He was waaay late, there's no way that was accidental.

Also, A's now have the most runs scored in baseball and the best ERA in baseball.

vCash
    Manny Machado just insured he won't make it into the All Star Game as a reserve from the players votes for a while. I'm 19, and would never toss my bat at another player. He's 21, and a professional. I have no sympathy for this *****. I'd love to see the rest of baseball brush him back with some fastballs once he gets off his suspension
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Game tonight was just shameful. Even Donaldson played like a schmuck. Although Chavez had a decent start. This is 2 of the past 3 games that we have had just absolutely terrible at bats and defense. Who else thinks its about time to send Callaspo down to AAA? He is something like 1 for 25 the past week. And Jim Johnson really needs to go. I dont care if all we get for him is 6th round pick. Get him out of here. Or at least just stop giving him the ball. I could be wrong, but man theres just been some real pathetic play going on. This team has beeing HIT or MISS.. big time. if they could just even it out a LITTLE BIT we would have 50 wins right now..

vCash
    Nice seeing some runs on the board for a change.

Hate that we only got one of the three though, would have liked putting more distance between us and the CAoA not having them gain ground.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.

vCash
    It appears to me that Donaldson's appearance on MTV at the start of that 3 game series in New York has caused some ego inflation to our young man. over the past two weeks or so he has lost his patience at the plate, and is just swinging at everything. In fact, most all of our guys seem less patient at the plate the past couple weeks. At if that keeps up, it spells our doom. We have got to be patient at the plate. That is our game, its how we win.

vCash
    Doomed?
    Doomed is losing Parker/Griffin for the year, yet they've produced!

You have this stupid agenda with Donaldson, and it's pretty funny.
    IMO, he's been the anchor for the offense, and now since he's slumping, you're attributing DOOM to Oaklands future? The only time you attribute "DOOMED" to the Oakland A's is if they are playing the Detroit Tigers in the postseason, but I think they can get over that hump with this roster, but label me optimistic.

vCash
    What I said is that if the A's dont have patience at the plate, then it spells our doom.

I love Donaldson. If you hadnt noticed, he is one of the three guys in my avatar. Right next to Patrick Willis and Demarcous Cousins, which puts him in real nice company.

We can get past the Tigers and win the world series if we play Oakland Baseball. And that means good pitching, good fielding, and PATIENCE AT THE PLATE. We dont have guys with high batting averages who can make things happen by swinging at everything. We succeed because Billy Bean spends our limited bankroll on guys with high OBP who are patient, smart, old school ball players. We will not win games if we do not have patience at the plate; no matter how good our pitching is.

vCash
    I guess I just disagree.

This team may be slumping somewhat, but compared to what they've accomplished so far, the benefit of the doubt reveals they are a patient bunch. They tend to hit patiently against the best of em, but guys like Gausman can exploit their patience in a sense. Just watching how patient they were against Darvish, Tanaka, Weaver, Scherzer already is proof they can work any starting pitcher in the league.

vCash
    About time the bats exploded

Happy fathers day

vCash
    Nice to see Donaldson break his 0-33 streak.

CAN WE PLEASE GET RID OF JIM JOHNSON? PLEASE?

vCash
    He's so bad hahaha.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast