Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bradley Wilpon, son of Jeff Wilpon & grandson of Fred Wilpon, drafted by the Red Sox

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Boston Red Sox selected Connecticut high school right-hander Bradley Wilpon in the 36th round of the draft on Saturday.

Wilpon?

Yes, the son of Jeff Wilpon and grandson of Fred Wilpon.

Bradley Wilpon has committed to play baseball at Penn and still plans to be a Quaker in 2014-15. He will attend the Wharton School of Business.
    Can probably merge it into the draft thread at some point but I did get a chuckle out of this when I saw it.

vCash

Bradley Wilpon, son of Jeff Wilpon & grandson of Fred Wilpon, drafted by the ...

Future principle owner of the Mets. Might as well start a thread for him now.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-07-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: cb radios
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Yeah, I posted it in the draft thread. Pretty funny, am assuming that the Mets might have done it perhaps with their final pick and like always somebody does it before they can. Lol

vCash
    Why would they? He's not signing, and the press and fans would rip them.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:28595551
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Boston Red Sox selected Connecticut high school right-hander Bradley Wilpon in the 36th round of the draft on Saturday.

Wilpon?

Yes, the son of Jeff Wilpon and grandson of Fred Wilpon.

Bradley Wilpon has committed to play baseball at Penn and still plans to be a Quaker in 2014-15. He will attend the Wharton School of Business.
    Can probably merge it into the draft thread at some point but I did get a chuckle out of this when I saw it.
    Jeff himself was drafted by the Expos in the early 1980s as a catcher. He was released prior to ST.

Apparently this is a fun game that families of baseball team owners enjoy playing.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-08-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Don't post images please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Nicely done. Equally intelligent as well.

vCash
    Funny thing is Fred, Jeff, and son are/were probably more athletic than 65% of Mets fans.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Funny thing is Fred, Jeff, and son are/were probably more athletic than 65% of Mets fans.
    Funny thing is that Jeff's son is probably 100% smarter than Jeff. As soon as Bradley graduates from Wharton, honestly I'd probably welcome him as owner of the Mets.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Love it.

LMAO......

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Funny thing is that Jeff's son is probably 100% smarter than Jeff. As soon as Bradley graduates from Wharton, honestly I'd probably welcome him as owner of the Mets.
    yfern328, he might as bad, if not worse. Be careful what you wish for with a Wilpon family member.

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

12. 06-08-2014, 11:55 PM
    Reason
    insults need to stop

vCash
    Oh

Oh, and I promise I would beet you in a 10K so love the Wilpons as long as you want. I have more degrees than you. And I would drink you undr the table

vCash
    david wright for wilpon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    And I would drink you undr the table
    I have a fair share of family members (4 actually) that have passed away directly or indirectly from alcohol: cirrhosis, suicide, driving drunk the wrong way down an interstate, etc. Another was homeless on the streets of Phoenix last anyone knew.

I was looking at my fathers death certificate last week for the first time ever -- since 1978. It said his head and chest were crushed in a Datsun vs. 18-wheeler head-on collision -- not that I thought otherwise, but it was disturbing to see confirmation. I'm not trying to gross anyone out, but... stay safe please.

I rarely drink.
    I concede.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-09-2014 at 06:10 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Funny thing. I hate you
    Funny thing is that none of these things are funny. What's even funnier is that my post isn't funny either. Wait, that's not funny either.

Okay so this thread is not funny at all. It's sad and kind of stupid.

Who gives a crap about Wilpon being drafted? It's just one more thread where some people get to hate on the Wilpons and a certain other person gets to defend them and feel superior.

Nope...nothing funny there.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast