Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

I hate this current team

I am a guy that never misses an inning of a game unless its an emergency. Goes to my fair share of games each year (though usually at Philly because its cheaper and a closer ride, and make the trip out when they play Denver), and for the first time in my fandom, I hate this team.

-I hate the ownership
    -I hate the front office
    -I hate the three headed loser front office he is grooming
    -I hate the product on the field
    -I hate that they thought it was OK to follow the two biggest collapses in BB history with 6 years of misery
    -I hate our stupid Dodgers ballpark
    -I hate staying up and watching them be competitive in boring low run games just for them to lost by 2 or 3 in the final innings
    -I hate watching Dice-K take the mound
    -I hate Sandy's ability to sign free agents
    -For the most part, I have hated our drafts (Yes, I like Smith and Comforto, and Nimmo is warming on me, but a draft is more than one round and we're not producing late round gems even though we have 4 GM's.
    -I hate our payroll
    -I dislike our manager
    -I hate the fact that they periodically blame their failure on fans and insult our intelligence
    -I hate that they could not see the same needs going into the season that nominal fans identified
    -I hate that we still have to overpay for free agents to get them to consider coming even though we were saying the same thing 10 years ago
    -I hate that "we just know" that we are out on any of the big name players
    -I hate that we can not identify international talent from Cuba and Asia

I like our announcers. That, and 35 years of loyalty to this team is the only thing that keeps me interested

vCash
    I'm disappointed in the design of Citifield as well -- but for different reasons.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    You know things are rough when we swept by the Cubs and Tejada is our hottest hitter.

vCash
    I forgot to add that I hate our medical staff, that somehow always turns "day to day" to out for a month, and I hate the way we play career scrubs over potential prospects on both the major league and minor league level

vCash
    I love lamp
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    You know things are rough when we swept by the Cubs and Tejada is our hottest hitter.
    He looks the same, but he's definitely been playing much better.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I'm OK with the manager and the drafts. I agree with you about everything else though.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I love lamp
    Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I figured I'd get the smartass responses that I got, but how many things am I wrong on? Really? And I am tired of this belief that people that have stuck with the team through thick and thin do not have the right to be angry about the direction of the franchise. That's crap. I am a fan of the Mets, not the Wilpons or Sandy. And the product that the Mets have put together has sucked. And now, it is starting to suck for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
    I love lamp. I love lamp.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Would this post be considered "adding to the negativity"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    I figured I'd get the smartass responses that I got, but how many things am I wrong on? Really?
    Not an issue of right or wrong. If you hate them you hate them.

-I hate the ownership; Neither wrong or right.
    -I hate the front office; Neither wrong or right.
    -I hate the three headed loser front office he is grooming; Neither wrong or right.
    -I hate the product on the field; Neither wrong or right.

Etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I love lamp. I love lamp.
    Gotta, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Gotta, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
    That is so Keyser Soze.

vCash
    I like our 6th round pick Tyler Moore because he can turn the world on with a smile.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast