Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 103
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    vCash
    1500

    To get Wally in, Alderson and Collins should both get fired

    I doubt Wally ever gets the managerial position under Alderson. Sandy seems so comfortable with Yes Man Collins. We need a totally new regime. Fire both.

    Hey Jeff Wilpon, remember the Alderson 90 win prediction.......

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    287
    vCash
    1500
    And there is even a bigger problem for the Mets organization than wins and losses this season. It's becoming like the M Donald Grant era in the late 70s where the fans don't care about the Mets anymore. Big changes are needed. We know the Wilpons will never sell, so its time for a new GM and Manager.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    318
    vCash
    1500
    Alderson will never get fired. He might not want to continue any more but the Wilpons will never fire the man that their friend Bud Selig virtually hand picked for the job. If Alderson does not want to continue then most probably DePodesta, Ricciardi or Ricco will get the job.

    For whatever the reason, and I cannot explain it, Ricco would be my first choice.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 06-07-2014 at 07:45 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bricktucky, NJ
    Posts
    1,377
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    And there is even a bigger problem for the Mets organization than wins and losses this season. It's becoming like the M Donald Grant era in the late 70s where the fans don't care about the Mets anymore. Big changes are needed. We know the Wilpons will never sell, so its time for a new GM and Manager.
    I do not see any need to start a campaign to get Wally hired. Just because the team has played hard and performed under him does not mean he will necessarily make a great manager. One big reason they have performed is because they are always stocked with AAAA "talent" that can rake against AAA but sucks against major leaguers.

    But, I agree with you that we are rapidly headed toward irrelevance. Even during the lean years I never missed a game. But I am on the brink of hating this team. I hate this front office. I do not believe a word they say. I have no trust in their ability to get free agents. I have to trust in their ability to afford free agents. I have no trust in their ability to field a reliable lineup, when its just a different circus every year. I have only moderate faith in their ability to make draft picks (though Comforto is the guy I wanted). I hate our Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark. I hate that we have followed up the two most crushing seasons in recent memory with 6 years of irrelevance. The list goes on.

    They are borderline unwatchable for me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,414
    vCash
    1500

    To get Wally in, Alderson and Collins should both get fired

    bringing wally to NYC wont turn the season around. TC is an excellent manager. Fans that dislike TCs moves will end up disliking WB similarly. Classic "grass is always greener..." perspective.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-07-2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: orange is the new black
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,206
    vCash
    1500
    Am not a fan of. Wally either, saw enough of him in Brooklyn.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,863
    vCash
    1500
    I thought Sandy was building just like Cashen? Now you want him fired? Haha

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Beacon, Ny.
    Posts
    1,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    And there is even a bigger problem for the Mets organization than wins and losses this season. It's becoming like the M Donald Grant era in the late 70s where the fans don't care about the Mets anymore. Big changes are needed. We know the Wilpons will never sell, so its time for a new GM and Manager.
    I do not see any need to start a campaign to get Wally hired. Just because the team has played hard and performed under him does not mean he will necessarily make a great manager. One big reason they have performed is because they are always stocked with AAAA "talent" that can rake against AAA but sucks against major leaguers.

    But, I agree with you that we are rapidly headed toward irrelevance. Even during the lean years I never missed a game. But I am on the brink of hating this team. I hate this front office. I do not believe a word they say. I have no trust in their ability to get free agents. I have to trust in their ability to afford free agents. I have no trust in their ability to field a reliable lineup, when its just a different circus every year. I have only moderate faith in their ability to make draft picks (though Comforto is the guy I wanted). I hate our Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark. I hate that we have followed up the two most crushing seasons in recent memory with 6 years of irrelevance. The list goes on.

    They are borderline unwatchable for me
    They are unwatchable for sure.
    #oneatatime

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    LI South Shore
    Posts
    673
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    I do not see any need to start a campaign to get Wally hired. Just because the team has played hard and performed under him does not mean he will necessarily make a great manager. One big reason they have performed is because they are always stocked with AAAA "talent" that can rake against AAA but sucks against major leaguers.

    But, I agree with you that we are rapidly headed toward irrelevance. Even during the lean years I never missed a game. But I am on the brink of hating this team. I hate this front office. I do not believe a word they say. I have no trust in their ability to get free agents. I have to trust in their ability to afford free agents. I have no trust in their ability to field a reliable lineup, when its just a different circus every year. I have only moderate faith in their ability to make draft picks (though Comforto is the guy I wanted). I hate our Brooklyn Dodgers ballpark. I hate that we have followed up the two most crushing seasons in recent memory with 6 years of irrelevance. The list goes on.

    They are borderline unwatchable for me
    Why should you be bothered? When the Dodgers left it created the vacuum in NY for expansion and the Mets. I look at it as the Brooklyn fans, was one, are the roots of the Mets.

    The Dodgers were loaded in the '50s' Campanella, Reese, Snider, but none was more emblematic than Jackie Robinson.

    The team moved, but the Brooklyn Dodgers belonged to NY. Honoring one of the best players to ever play for the team that was responsible for the Mets is appropriate and has nothing to do with the west coast team of the past 50 plus years.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,744
    vCash
    1500
    I really don't understand the hate for tc, look at this roster and tell me a manager who could do a better job.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metfan83 View Post
    I really don't understand the hate for tc, look at this roster and tell me a manager who could do a better job.
    He's good with individual personalities but a bad tactician. Wally isn't the answer either though. The Mets need a guy like Buck Showalter or a manager of that ilk.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,414
    vCash
    1500
    Fans of all teams think their managers are bad tacticians. Fans have been complaining about managers for at least as long as I have followed baseball. In 40+ years Ive learned one simple truth, better players make for better managers.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,018
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Fans of all teams think their managers are bad tacticians. Fans have been complaining about managers for at least as long as I have followed baseball.
    That's not true at all. Some guys are known to be good tacticians. When I look at Terry Collins, I don't see that in comparison to other managers around baseball. Just like there are good and bad players, good GMs and bad GMs, good owners and bad owners, there are good managers and bad managers.

    In 40+ years Ive learned one simple truth, better players make for better managers.
    Who is making the point otherwise? That doesn't change the fact that you can improve in multiple areas besides the players on the field.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-07-2014 at 05:44 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I thought Sandy was building just like Cashen? Now you want him fired? Haha
    How appropriate that on the weekend where a Triple Crown winner could emerge, we are once again treated to the meanderings of this one trick pony.

    Now that is has become apparent that Sandy didn't bring TC in to be a transitional manager who'd be replaced by Wally by now, a certain person can't admit he was wrong. So now he's calling for the GM's head because he thinks that would get Wally the job. It wouldn't.

    This guy wants only one thing. He doesn't care if the Mets win as long as Wally manages the team.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's good with individual personalities but a bad tactician. Wally isn't the answer either though. The Mets need a guy like Buck Showalter or a manager of that ilk.
    Buck isn't winning anything with this team.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •