Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Kings plan to convince Rudy Gay to return

Sacramento Kings officials are bringing two Hall of Famers to meet forward Rudy Gay on Tuesday in hopes of convincing him to exercise the option in his contract for next season, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Gay has to decide by June 30 whether to exercise a contract option that will pay him $19.3 million next season. Hall of Famers Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond, a former Kings star, are expected to join Kings owner Vivek Ranadive, general manager Pete D'Alessandro and head coach Michael Malone when they meet with Gay.

Gay was originally expected to have the meeting in his offseason home of Memphis, but preferred to have it in Sacramento.

When asked recently about his decision process, Gay told Yahoo Sports: "I'm just taking my time. That's all."

If Gay opts into his contract for next season, it could pave the way for future extension talks. During the meetings, the Kings also will have Gay wear a headset with eyewear that will give him a complete virtual digital tour of the inside of the new Kings arena, including the locker room and arena floor. The new Kings arena is expected to open in September 2016.

The Kings acquired Gay from the Toronto Raptors in a seven-player trade on Dec. 9, 2013. He averaged 20.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 55 games for Sacramento last season. The Kings finished 28-54 last season, the third-worst record in the Western Conference.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-h...232549195.html

We haven't heard much on the Gay news front but this is something. It's interesting they are using the arena to convince him to sign considering the arena opens in 2 years and he'd only be here for 1 guaranteed year?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Convince him to take a pay cut!

vCash
    I hope the Kings convince Gay to stay. I was against trading for Gay but in my opinion he played so much better with the Kings than he did with Memphis and Toronto. I also think if the Kings have any chance of improving their team they will need to resign Gay and Isiah and if the Kings pull off a love trade while only giving up the #8 and not Mclemore the Kings may be able to take that next step. I do understand that is a lot to happen, but at this point I have to hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I hope the Kings convince Gay to stay. I was against trading for Gay but in my opinion he played so much better with the Kings than he did with Memphis and Toronto. I also think if the Kings have any chance of improving their team they will need to resign Gay and Isiah and if the Kings pull off a love trade while only giving up the #8 and not Mclemore the Kings may be able to take that next step. I do understand that is a lot to happen, but at this point I have to hope.
    Can the Kings make that work cap wise?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    We would have to include some other players in the trade - Terry, Outlaw, and someone else (preferably Landry or JT, but they would probably want D-Will).

vCash
    We can resign our own players and be over the cap. IT was a 2nd round pick and the signing rules are different for 2nd round picks compared to 1st round picks, so I am unsure our restrictions in resigning IT. For debate sakes lets say we can resign IT and we do retain IT and Gay, we would have to trade about 14 million dollars in salary to the Twolves to get Love. We can't trade the 8th pick until we make the pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    We would have to include some other players in the trade - Terry, Outlaw, and someone else (preferably Landry or JT, but they would probably want D-Will).
    Considering the Wolves can get more than the 8 pick from other teams it's highly doubtful they take the 8th plus our overpriced veterans.

<3

vCash
    Considering the Wolves can get more than the 8 pick from other teams it's highly doubtful they take the 8th plus our overpriced veterans.
    I'm also assuming Ben will be included in the deal.

vCash
    DMC spoke to Gay:

DeMarcus Cousins on Rudy Gay: "He knows that I want him back. I need him on this ride."
    https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/st...29659710427136

<3

vCash

Can't disagree with big cuz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Can't disagree with big cuz
    Oh please... Demarcus is an emotional lesbian... Lol.

http://cowbellkingdom.com/2014/06/wa...y-kimmel-live/

vCash

Lol ya that's funny

vCash
    Boogie has been getting some national attention. I saw him on SportsCenter the other day. He had a mask on and he was sneaking up on people at the espn studio. He scared the ish out of Marcellus Wiley and Michelle Beadle.

vCash

Boogie man is a boss haha

vCash
    Melo opts jn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast