Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers will NOT pursue Derek Fisher for coaching job - LA Times

vCash
    Didn't read the article because I don't plan on the hassle of all that on my phone. But why not?

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    From the article:

"The Lakers have decided they need a coach with previous NBA coaching experience, which means one thing for Derek Fisher: He isn't a candidate.

The Lakers think Fisher will be a solid NBA coach or executive at some point, but their initial curiosity about him has been replaced by a desire for actual experience, the latest turn in a deliberately slow coaching search approaching the six-week mark."
    At this point I think my preference would be to hire Mark Jackson. I don't know if he is interested in the job or not since he refused to comment about the job a couple days ago.

vCash
    It was expected, since their two previous mistakes, they at least don't want to hire a rookie coach.

Let Fish be an assistant here or elsewhere and one day he'll be ready to take over.

vCash
    Oh well Byron Scott is still my favorite candidate

vCash
    It's going to be Scott or Hollins.

vCash
    He's prolly Knicks bound anyways.

vCash
    Thank God, what a horrible move that would have been. Hollins and Scott are the only two candidates I find even remotely acceptable at this point and I can't say I'd be overly excited about either of them.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I think Fisher will be a great coach someday in the NBA… but I don't understand why these players are not going the Asst coach route anymore (ie. Jason Kidd)… guys like Bryan Shaw put in their dues on the bench as an Asst and are groomed to be coaches.
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    It was expected, since their two previous mistakes, they at least don't want to hire a rookie coach.

Let Fish be an assistant here or elsewhere and one day he'll be ready to take over.
    If there was a good time to hire a rookie coach it would be now... we're not winning in the next few years, even if we had Phil Jackson or Popovich running the team. I think Fisher will be a very good coach one day... these next several years would have been good on the job training for him.

vCash
    Lakers also have interest in Mike Brown and Isaiah Thomas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    If there was a good time to hire a rookie coach it would be now... we're not winning in the next few years, even if we had Phil Jackson or Popovich running the team. I think Fisher will be a very good coach one day... these next several years would have been good on the job training for him.
    Any of other ones would be canned after 1 or 2 years anyways, after the dumb FO realizes that we're not winning a championship.
    FREE CROONER

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

No. Fish has indicated repeatedly that he would prefer a front office position to coaching. Now, NY has Phil. If he coached NY, he'd have that safety net - a coaching mentor to get him over the rough patches. No such thing here.

Personally, I was hoping the janitor was right - Scott as coach, Fish as Dir. Player Dev. (where he could maybe become the understudy to Mitch).

Just goes to show: never trust a janitor-as-source story.

vCash

Lakers will NOT pursue Derek Fisher for coaching job - LA Times

Good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Thank God, what a horrible move that would have been. Hollins and Scott are the only two candidates I find even remotely acceptable at this point and I can't say I'd be overly excited about either of them.
    Hollins is overrated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast