Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pryor says hates Giants, Patriots & Tom Brady

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 34s
    Complete Calvin Pryor interview with @Jonas_SNY on @DailyNewsLive. Says he hates Giants, Patriots & Tom Brady #nyj http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?topic_id=21533976

This is great!

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 6m
    Jets rookie safety blasts Giants, Patriots and Brady #nyj: http://nyp.st/1kGuBy6 via @nypost

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    The new guy has caught on quick.

Jets first-round pick Calvin Pryor wasted no time jumping into the Jets-Patriots rivalry. This week, in an appearance on SNY, Pryor was asked about Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

“We don’t like Tom at all,” Pryor said. “When I first came here, that was one of the first things I heard about: We hate the Patriots and we hate the Giants.”

Pryor, a safety out of Louisville, will get a crack at picking off Brady when the Jets and Patriots meet twice this season.

“So we hate those guys and I look forward to playing them this season,” Pryor said.

He’ll see the Giants in the preseason, but the crosstown rivals won’t play in the regular season again until 2015.

vCash
    Love him already..

vCash
    Awesome! Love Pryor.

vCash
    Meh. Just talk until he does something. It's like a rookie talking trash on joe Montana. Just noise when nothing else is going on

vCash
    Why do people care about the Giants? I can see where he would not like New England and Brady, but the Giants to me is a waste. The Giants are not a rival.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Why do people care about the Giants? I can see where he would not like New England and Brady, but the Giants to me is a waste. The Giants are not a rival.
    Yup. Shoulda replaced the Giants with the Dolphins.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Ya... not sure why the Giants are thought of as a rival now. I understand Islander fans hating the Rangers and vice versa - they are in the same division... and no one likes the Yankees - except Yankee fans. But the Jets and Giants rarely play each other and are in separate conferences.

Being a bit older and remembering what NY football was like in the late 70's and the 1980's - I always rooted for both teams (was just more of a Jets fan because those were the games my dad took me too - probably had a lot to do with them still playing at Shea - which was much closer to our house and the fact that the Jets were just awful most of the time back then, and tickets were easier to get).

Back then - before Thursday night football, Sunday night football or even the NFL package (and with the local TV blackout rules) - almost every Sunday was just the Jets and the Giants. No other teams were even shown (unless one NY team happened to be playing on Monday night). That was it. Jets at 1pm and the Giants at 4pm (or vice versa)... so I rooted for both teams. Didn't have many other choices... as a kid, I could only watch other outside NFL teams on Monday night and with MNF coming on at 9pm ET - I was usually being sent to bed around that time anyway. Ha

That kids - is what the Middle Ages were like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Yup. Shoulda replaced the Giants with the Dolphins.
    I hate the Dolphins more than the Patriots.