Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schaub or Eli?

vCash

Schaub or Eli?

ESPN continues to give Schaub no respect, but is their criticism balanced I ask? Let's look at the stat lines for Schaub and Eli Manning from last year...

Eli Manning - 18 TD's - 27 Int's - 7 Fumbles - 3,818 yds - 69.4 rating
    Matt Schaub - 10 TD's - 14 Int's - 2 Fumbles - 2,310 - 73.0 rating

Why has Eli escaped the backlash of sports media while turning in a colossal dump of a season? At least with Schaub we can point to both Houston's prolific team injuries as well as the tremendous failure that was Gary Kubiak and his terrible system, but what excuse did Eli have?

I personally believe Schaub is going to bounce back with a better suited system and a powered run game to help him. I would not be surprised to see us as being in the top three in rushing this year. I also feel that Schaub is more than a game manager even without Andre as his #1 receiver. But he does have to come in and prove that last year was due to circumstances and not lost ability.

So which quarterback would you rather have right now, Schaub or Eli?

My prediction: Both Schaub and the Raiders are going to earn back some respect this year...
    What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggahs, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$s.

Don't tell nobody about this. This sheit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-A$s-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here.

vCash
    Eli has the rings so its a tough one but im satisfied with Schaub right now. I'm looking forward to Carr taking over the reins though.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Carr ..

vCash
    Yep Eli has super bowl wins. That is it. Think there are very few who would say Schaub is as good as Eli.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Can I have neither? I don't think either one is a game changer at this point in their careers.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Eli is still a pretty solid QB, and so is Schaub in the right system. Rings are endlessly meaningless for QB evaluation (Russell Wilson, as a case in point, was extremely limited but now has the otherworldly distinction of owning a ring). The truth is most QBs have about the same talent level. After that it's all about the right scheme.

Eli has a good deep ball and good escapability - his o-line and his team failed him last year (and he not good either). Schaub has a weak arm and virtually no skillset outside the pocket. Unfortunately, that's usually backup material (see: Leftwich, Byron). But in a West Coast offense he can be solid.

vCash
    It's all about the rings baby.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Eli is still a pretty solid QB, and so is Schaub in the right system. Rings are endlessly meaningless for QB evaluation (Russell Wilson, as a case in point, was extremely limited but now has the otherworldly distinction of owning a ring). The truth is most QBs have about the same talent level. After that it's all about the right scheme.

Eli has a good deep ball and good escapability - his o-line and his team failed him last year (and he not good either). Schaub has a weak arm and virtually no skillset outside the pocket. Unfortunately, that's usually backup material (see: Leftwich, Byron). But in a West Coast offense he can be solid.
    That's right! I mean Stabler and Plunkett have rings and they aren't even in the Hall of Fame! Proof rings are no measure of talent!

Oh wait...

On a serious note. I would take either if they get back to their normal skill set. My gut says Eli won't have another down year, where my confidence in Schaub having another disastrous season is not as high. I hope I am wrong feeling that way and Schaub has a All-Pro season.

vCash
    Eli has two Super Bowl rings and is one of the best clutch performers that this game has ever seen. Despite his off year he is one of the best QB's in the NFL and much better against elite competition than his brother ever will be.

vCash
    Kyle Orton best example from this guy.
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    That's right! I mean Stabler and Plunkett have rings and they aren't even in the Hall of Fame! Proof rings are no measure of talent!

Oh wait...

On a serious note. I would take either if they get back to their normal skill set. My gut says Eli won't have another down year, where my confidence in Schaub having another disastrous season is not as high. I hope I am wrong feeling that way and Schaub has a All-Pro season.
    Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, yeah real impressive guys. Defensive line success is more predictive of Super Bowl rings over the last 15 years than QB play. The only reason anyone even thinks rings should be a part of the argument for QB quality is (A) they don't understand football (B) they listen to "analysts" like Jemele Hill or (C) they think all sports are like the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    It's all about the rings baby.
    So would Schaub have won those rings if he would have quarterbacked the Giants those two years?
    What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggahs, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$s.

Don't tell nobody about this. This sheit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-A$s-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Eli has two Super Bowl rings and is one of the best clutch performers that this game has ever seen. Despite his off year he is one of the best QB's in the NFL and much better against elite competition than his brother ever will be.
    Sorry, but Eli is not one of the best in the NFL. I consider one of the best to be top 5 and he is not even close to that. He has only had a quarterback rating in the top ten ONE TIME in his career (7th that year). In 2007 when he won his first Superbowl he had one of the worst ratings amongst QB's (25th that year), here was his line...

Eli Manning, QB NYG Yards- 3,336 TDs- 23 INTs- 20 QBR- 73.9

You say clutch, I say there was some luck involved. Defense wins Superbowls mostly. Giants had one.
    Last edited by Schmegmatron; 06-07-2014 at 04:37 AM.

vCash

Schaub or Eli?

Eli is a cold blooded killer in the clutch...he could be my QB any day.

This thread isn't about Eli though, it's about the media...and again, what's the point of allowing the media to get in your heads? Who gives a **** about some dreck that got spit out by someone who wants to be famous?

Getting all worked up is exactly what they want you to do...don't be the media's *****es.

-Stork

vCash
    I have always thought the "he has a ring so he's automatically better" argument has been a stupid one. It is saying that Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast