Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dear Jordan worshippers: Jordan left a finals game over cramps too!! Game 4 1997

Michael Jordan had the flu game.
    LeBron James had the cramp game.
    In Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals, Jordan scored 38 points while battling a 103-degree fever in the Chicago Bulls’ win over the Utah Jazz.
    In Game 1 of the 2014 NBA Finals, LeBron left in the forth quarter due to cramps in the Miami Heat’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs.
    Want to use the difference in production and outcome to hammer LeBron and praise Jordan? I guess that’s your prerogative, though it seems silly to equate two very different health concerns.
    But if you’re going to use Jordan’s flu game to bash LeBron, let’s talk about Game 4 of the 1997 NBA Finals.
    Roland Lazenby’s “Michael Jordan: The Life” (hat tip: Bill Barnwell of Grantland):
    It would later be learned that a Bulls team assistant had mistakenly replaced the players’ Gatorade with GatorLode, a heavy drink used for building carbs. “It was like eating baked potatoes,” explained trainer Chip Schaeffer. Down the stretch, Chicago’s players complained of stomach cramps and Jordan even asked to sit for a time, something he never did at a key moment.
    Circumstances out of the players’ control? Check.
    Cramping? Check.
    Asking out of an NBA Finals game? Check.
    Just as LeBron couldn’t do anything about the lack of air conditioning in San Antonio, Jordan couldn’t control for the team team assistant. The results and effect were the same.
    Was Jordan mentally tougher than LeBron? Probably. Jordan is likely the fiercest competitor in NBA history.
    But cramps can temporarily debilitate even those whose will to win is unquestioned.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Lmaoooo y'all humbled
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 06-06-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    This is just as pathetic as the guy who made the Lebron Left Game thread
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Good write up. But what the hell is GatorLode, never heard of that before.

vCash
    Those are two totally different situations, but I get what you are saying. Sometimes people like to use all the fuel they can to prove MJ>LBJ. This will blow over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ:28590651
    This is just as pathetic as the guy who made the Lebron Left Game thread
    Why? Everyone's saying "OMGZ Jordan and Kobe woulda played through it". Well this just shows even the great MJ doesn't have the cure to defeat cramps.

vCash
    *Hangover game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    Why? Everyone's saying "OMGZ Jordan and Kobe woulda played through it". Well this just shows even the great MJ doesn't have the cure to defeat cramps.
    Yea and those people are pathetic. Hence why I said it was just as pathetic.

Guys get hurt. It's not like they wanted to be watching from the bench.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Good write up. But what the hell is GatorLode, never heard of that before.
    Pretty sure it's not in business any longer, and was only in business for a few years. Way to load up carbs.

vCash
    good for MJ good for lebron. now they got something in common...
    "Tittays & Tank"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ:28590671

Guys get hurt. It's not like they wanted to be watching from the bench.
    QUOTE=LongIslandIcedZ:28590671]

Guys get hurt. It's not like they wanted to be watching from the bench.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. I didn't read the other thread, but it sounds like you're calling this one pathetic while agreeing with? I didn't understand.

vCash
    mj what a wuss, god would have played though it

vCash
    Jordan went back into the game Lebron didn't that's the difference

vCash
    QUOTE]Oh okay. I didn't read the other thread, but it sounds like you're calling this one pathetic while agreeing with? I didn't understand.[/QUOTE]

I thought the other thread was ******** for calling out a guy who clearly couldn't play. And I think using this thread as a way to combat a stupid thread is equally ********.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Just for the sake of actually reporting things correctly...

Jordan dominated the 4th quarter where he had 12 of his 22 and also had a chance to tie the game with a 3. The ball went in and out and right into the hands of stockton who threw it downcourt to russell who dunked it thus sending the Jazz crowd into a frenzy and drowning out the great Marv Albert. I remember that game really well for some reason. Phil Jackson claimed that it was too loud in the building and was genuinely upset.

Fun fact: game 4 of the '97 finals was the 2nd lowest scoring finals games of all time.

-There's also a great story somewhere on youtube told by Artie Lange and Norm Macdonald about taking the under for game 4 and doing what was called a "lightning bet." The bet is basically that you make an extra $1000 for every point under the spread. It is dangerous because if the score is over, then you lose an extra 1000. They won and made a ton.

vCash
    Dear LeBron worshippers: LeBron was a historically lucky bounce away from being 1/4 in the finals.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast