Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Favorite quotes regarding the Lions

I found this site looking for topics to talk about. I know it's old, but some were very funny and I thought it could spark discussions or laughs.

So what's your favorite quote, either on or not on this list?

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5849243
    When you think of all the great traditions of Thanksgiving, you think of turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, pecan pie (why do I always think of food first), the Macy's Day Parade and, last but not least, the Detroit Lions. The Lions have been a staple on Thanksgiving for as long as I remember.

To honor this great holiday tradition, I thought it would be appropriate to find five great quotes about the Detroit Lions:

1. "I've never seen anybody break so many tackles. We thought he had silicone in his pants, the way we kept slipping off him."

-- Keith Mallard, on trying to tackle Lions running back Barry Sanders

2. "I never graduated from the University of Iowa, but I was only there for two terms -- Truman's and Eisenhower's."

-- Alex Karras, Lions defensive lineman and actor

3. "When Bobby said block, you blocked. When Bobby said, drink, you drank."

-- Yale Lary, on the leadership qualities of Lions Hall of Fame quarterback Bobby Layne

4. "Munson hasn't done anything wrong. I'd bet my house on it."

-- Joe Schmidt, Lions Hall of Fame player and coach on Lions quarterback Bill Munson being asked to testify in a gambling inquiry

5. "It's probably time to find a replacement for Bobby Layne."

-- Jim Schwartz, Lions coach, on Matthew Stafford being the most highly touted Lions quarterback since Bobby Layne retired 51 years ago
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 06-06-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    [size=3]
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 6 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14 & #24
    2014-2015 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    "I quit because I didn't feel like the Detroit Lions had a chance to win. It just killed my enjoyment of the game." - Barry Sanders

Ameer Abdullah, RB, Detroit Lions
    He said that if he was drafted after the 3rd round he wouldn't sign the contract. He wants to choose his team rather than be a 4-7th rd pick.

vCash
    I've found some good ones here

http://www.curseofbobbylayne.com/quotes.html

Matt Millen: "You ******, yeah you heard me, you ******."

Barry Sanders: "I quit because I didn't feel like the Detroit Lions had a chance to win. It just killed my enjoyment of the game."

Robert Porcher: "We got our ***** kicked. They opened holes in us like it was the Red Sea."

Dre Bly: "Joey’s been here four years, and being the No. 3 pick in the draft, he hasn’t given us anything."

Roy Williams: "Is this team cursed."

Radio Host Rob Parker: "Steve Mariucci came to Detroit as a savior and left a complete failure."

Wayne Fontes: "Our offense today set football back 100 years."

vCash
    “He is like a bunch of Rembrandts. Every play, every game, he paints another picture.”
    About Calvin Johnson. From his former college teammate Taylor Bennett.

vCash
    "Y’all can go back to being Broke & Miserable…now back to regular scheduled programming…"

Aaron “Lockdown” Berry on Twitter.

vCash
    "Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football I don't want to play anymore." - Titus Young

Ameer Abdullah, RB, Detroit Lions
    He said that if he was drafted after the 3rd round he wouldn't sign the contract. He wants to choose his team rather than be a 4-7th rd pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    "Like I said I never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football I don't want to play anymore." - Titus Young
    He could have a whole page of quotes... What was the ones about being better than CJ? I cant remember

71 Rec - 1077 Yards -6 TD

vCash
    "Last I checked, when you play man-to-man, you play through the man. If you see the ball, you're going to get beat," Gunther Cunningham said.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    "I'm better than Calvin"

-Titus

vCash
    "I'm a cool person"
    -rocket
    2014 Prediction Game Champion