Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Games Will the Sox Win?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweep

0 0%
  • Two

3 75.00%
  • One

1 25.00%
  • Swept

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chicago White Sox (31-30) vs. LA Angels of Anaheim (31-28) | 6/6 - 6/8

Chicago White Sox (31-30) vs. LA Angels of Anaheim (31-28)

Angel Stadium

Friday June 6, 2014 @ 9:05pm CT on CSN
    Andre Rienzo (4-2 4.26 ERA) vs. Jered Weaver (6-4 3.33 ERA)

It was a less than efficient day for the right-hander, who needed 80 pitches to get through 3 1/3 innings on Saturday. Rienzo struck out four, walked two and allowed seven hits, but he admitted that his command was a major issue.

The Angels' ace was on fire from April 18 to May 21, going 5-1 with a 1.70 ERA. But in his last two starts, Weaver has given up three runs in six innings against the Mariners and six runs (five earned) in six innings against the A's.

Saturday June 7, 2014 @ 9:05pm CT on CSN & MLBN
    Chris Sale (5-0 1.59 ERA) vs. Matt Shoemaker (3-1 4.03 ERA)

There isn't much that Sale can't do with the baseball right now. The left-hander needed just 100 pitches to pick up a complete-game victory against the Padres on Sunday, striking out nine and not issuing a walk.

Shoemaker will take the ball Saturday on eight days' rest, having been pushed back to provide some length out of the bullpen and allow the Angels to have a deeper bench. Shoemaker has a 3.38 ERA in four Major League starts this season.

Sunday June 8, 2014 @ 2:35pm CT on WGN
    Jose Quintana (3-5 3.31 ERA) vs. CJ Wilson (6-5 3.52 ERA)

Once again, Quintana deserved a better fate. He allowed five runs in a 5-2 loss to the Dodgers on Monday night but all five of those runs were unearned after two costly sixth-inning errors. Quintana threw 105 pitches over six innings, fanning five.

Wilson felt under the weather when he took the mound against the Astros on Tuesday, and it showed. He walked a season-high five batters, gave up five runs (his highest total since April 1) and lasted only 2 2/3 innings.

vCash
    Looking like to me two wins. We lose vs Weaver tonight.

Wilson will jack up his prices at his car dealership after his start.

vCash
    I agree we take two. If we can beat Weaver today, then maybe a sweeper right here.

vCash
    How the h*** did we lose that game.......I feel asleep in the eighth...we were up 5-0. I get up and see we lost 6-5. What a crap load on a Sunday morning.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    We lost because ****ing Robin and Cooper left Sale in way too long! Already was at 100 pitch count and they brought him back out for 8th inning. We all remember how great it turned out when they had him throw 127...

vCash
    I saw that in the low lites clips. Should have pulled him before Trout at any rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    How the h*** did we lose that game.......I feel asleep in the eighth...we were up 5-0. I get up and see we lost 6-5. What a crap load on a Sunday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    We lost because ****ing Robin and Cooper left Sale in way too long! Already was at 100 pitch count and they brought him back out for 8th inning. We all remember how great it turned out when they had him throw 127...
    Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Aybar doubled to deep left.
    Iannetta singled to center, Aybar scored.
    Cowgill safe at first on shortstop Ramirez fielding error, Iannetta to second.
    Strike looking, Foul, Foul, Foul, Ball, Ball, Foul, Ball, Kendrick singled to right, Iannetta to third, Cowgill to second.
    Foul, Foul, Ball, Ball, Foul, Ball, Trout homered to center, Iannetta, Cowgill and Kendrick scored.

In bold, should of pulled him.

Plus they let him throw 115 pitches. All Robin thinking Sale is a superman.

vCash
    And Josh Hamilton was the first left handed hitter to record a hit vs Sale this year.

vCash
    Bad managing was the reason we lost that game plain and simple, really messed up. You get 7 great innings from you starter, you start warming up the bullpen. Clearly a game we should have won.

vCash
    Our favorite strong-armed outfielder is now a negative WAR.

vCash
    What a crappy series.....way too many mistakes & blunders .......

vCash
    WAR is one of the more nebulous and controversial sabermetrics.
    How much is the hypothetical WAR player going to cost
    the Sox in talent in a trade and how much to sign him?
    And how is the age of the player, his relative upside,
    or his tendency to go on the DL taken into account with WAR?
    Just for one example, I would never trade Viciedo (just turned 25 signed for 2.5 Mil.) for Carlos Quentin,
    a 31 year old injury prone player (slower than Viciedo) who is scheduled to make about 30 Million over the next three years.
    I think Q has mainly been a positive WAR guy though. And I think someone here wanted
    Jordan Danks or DeAza or anybody but Viciedo. Any WAR analysis there or was that just
    more or less not liking a particular player and then waiting for a slump to complain about him.
    On that basis, maybe we should trade Abreu or any other player as soon as they dip into negative WAR.
    I don't think that is right.

Viciedo just came off of an 0-22 or something so no surprise that his "WAR" sabermetric
    fell. The Tankster had a nice game today and, but for a bad break ( a shot richocheting right to the shortstop)
    he would have been 3-4 with a double, a line shot which he legged out in the ninth allowing the tieing run to get to the plate.

Viciedo will make some errors and go into some hitting slumps but I think he will improve defensively and be a part of the core of the White Sox moving forward.

I look for a good series against Detroit from Viciedo, Abreu, Dunn, and Gillaspie. They have to produce a lot of runs or we might be looking at losing 3-4 games and getting buried into last place in the standings.
    Last edited by garypeters; 06-09-2014 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Well that series sucked. Who ever wants to make the Detroit IGT go right ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    WAR is one of the more nebulous and controversial sabermetrics.
    How much is the hypothetical WAR player going to cost
    the Sox in talent in a trade and how much to sign him?
    And how is the age of the player, his relative upside,
    or his tendency to go on the DL taken into account with WAR?
    Just for one example, I would never trade Viciedo (just turned 25 signed for 2.5 Mil.) for Carlos Quentin,
    a 31 year old injury prone player (slower than Viciedo) who is scheduled to make about 30 Million over the next three years.
    I think Q has mainly been a positive WAR guy though. And I think someone here wanted
    Jordan Danks or DeAza or anybody but Viciedo. Any WAR analysis there or was that just
    more or less not liking a particular player and then waiting for a slump to complain about him.
    On that basis, maybe we should trade Abreu or any other player as soon as they dip into negative WAR.
    I don't think that is right.

Viciedo just came off of an 0-22 or something so no surprise that his "WAR" sabermetric
    fell. The Tankster had a nice game today and, but for a bad break ( a shot richocheting right to the shortstop)
    he would have been 3-4 with a double, a line shot which he legged out in the ninth allowing the tieing run to get to the plate.

Viciedo will make some errors and go into some hitting slumps but I think he will improve defensively and be a part of the core of the White Sox moving forward.

I look for a good series against Detroit from Viciedo, Abreu, Dunn, and Gillaspie. They have to produce a lot of runs or we might be looking at losing 3-4 games and getting buried into last place in the standings.
    Viciedo is not good, he has never been any good. Who cares how hold he is, he is a replacement level player. His WAR by years, 2010 0.2; 2011 0.1; 2012 0.3; 2013 -0.1; 2014 -0.1 (So Far).

That trade you proposed is a bogus trade the Sox wouldn't make that trade. They are not in a win now mode, CQ's defense totally brings him down for anything he does offensively because he is so bad. CQ is only worth a DH position.

I don't think Viciedo is going to be part of the "core" you speak of. If Avisail would've never have gotten hurt Viciedo would be platooning with De Aza. Marcus was sent down to learn the OF, so if he comes back up Tanks playing time could be reduced.

The White Sox organization lacks young outfielders in the system. That's why they have been converting infielders in the minors to outfield.

vCash

Chicago White Sox (31-30) vs. LA Angels of Anaheim (31-28) | 6/6 - 6/8

Basically it's Courtney Hawkins in the outfield. But they have Eaton and 22 year old Avi Garcia. I still think Micah Johnson ends up in LF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast