Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

A's draft 3B Chapman in first round

Donaldson is as good as gone. Now, they final have some legit bats coming up through the minors in D. Robertson, Russell, Chapman, Muncy and maybe Maxwell.
    Last edited by cespedesrules; 06-06-2014 at 07:28 AM.

vCash
    I'm not 100% sure on how the arbitration process will work with Donaldson. From what I read, he's not a free agent until 2019 but is eligible for arbitration soon. I guess the team offers one salary, the player asks for another, then one is awarded. I'm assuming it is for one year but I'm not sure. I would think after this year and what he did last year, Donaldson is going to get 18 million pretty easy from an arbitrator.

vCash
    Well Chapman isn't ready to come up. He's just drafted, who knows for sure how he'll turn out, but I like him a lot. That said if he comes up in 2 years, you can trade Donaldson if you are that confident for a high high high return, or trade Chapman, or move him to a new position.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    They have Russell and Robertson at SS. So one of them has to be moving to 2nd if you figure on Chapman at 3rd.

Chapman 3rd
    Russell SS
    Robertson 2nd

Russell getting hurt sucks. I figure the A's know Lowrie is done and hoped Russell would move up to AAA by the end of this year and be ready for SS next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on how the arbitration process will work with Donaldson. From what I read, he's not a free agent until 2019 but is eligible for arbitration soon. I guess the team offers one salary, the player asks for another, then one is awarded. I'm assuming it is for one year but I'm not sure. I would think after this year and what he did last year, Donaldson is going to get 18 million pretty easy from an arbitrator.
    Doubtful Donaldson will get 18 million in his first arbitration eligible year.

vCash
    Chapman or Robertson could be trade bait, if not Donaldson (god forbid) in the next few seasons. We will see