Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If We Had Cap Space This Summer...

Let me start by saying the 02 Sacramento Kings may be the best offensive team I've ever seen and I love the Princeton offense....

Assuming you had Melo, Amare, Bargs and Chandler coming off the books this summer....What kind of team would you assemble to fit the Triangle system?

For example for me the FIRST step would be re-sign Melo of course...then I'd get mid tier players in the back court that can score and defend like lowry and stephenson...go after Pau gasol and try to trade for marc gasol...if not gortat or re-sign amare on a 2 year deal at a minimum deal
    The idea would be to try and get passing and rebounding at all 5 positions like the 02 kings who were so successful
    So we'd boast a line up of:

lowry - 7mil / yr - Bibby
    stephenson - 6mil/yr - christie
    Melo - 18 mil / yr - peja
    pau - 7mil / yr - c webb
    gortat 9 mil / yr or marc gasol/ draft pick/ d-league / cheap free agent or amare(last resort) - Divac

I'm of the mindset we could make a line up like this happen via trades but idk...
    we would still have to get rid of felton ...just because but our bench would include
    prigs, thj, jr, odom, shump, odom, aldrich, tyler, brown and/or maybe go after artest and bynum

...your thoughts?
    Last edited by rpgmaster86; 06-05-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    your not getting those 5 players for 46 mil, every single one of those players will get more than that. for this team right now, a lowry, shump, melo, pau, tyson lineup would be good, but i don't think we have a shot at that. it would be really cool to swing something to get a tyson, pau, melo frontcourt going on in the Phil Triangle. Pau's got something left in the tank, so does Tyson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    your not getting those 5 players for 46 mil, every single one of those players will get more than that. for this team right now, a lowry, shump, melo, pau, tyson lineup would be good, but i don't think we have a shot at that. it would be really cool to swing something to get a tyson, pau, melo frontcourt going on in the Phil Triangle. Pau's got something left in the tank, so does Tyson.
    I disagree...lance really hurt his stock and he isn't in the 10 mil range...Lowry isn't touching 10 mil either...heck rondo is at 11 mil...pau knows he's gotta take a major pay cut and if he want to win and re unite with phil, fisher, odom and possibly bynum this would be his best shot..Tyson's void of offense is what really scares me and makes me think he wouldn't fit the triangle because of that....I could be wrong but I think those salaries are pretty spot on +/- a mil or two

vCash
    it doesn't matter to me imo all those free agents are not better than the free agents in 2015 even if love is not available i'd still save the cap and we might still get pau if he wants to come here we can sign an trade for him and I want no parts of lowry people don't understand he puts up numbers every contract year as far as lance goes some team will definitely overpay for him if evans got 11 mill from the pelicans I can see lance getting something around there and he's not worth that much imo ntm lance and jr on the same team

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind mind lowery .
    He is heck of player,
    But he is short.

And lance I like, but he
    Just not consitent and I'm still up
    In the air about him.

I'd rather
    Keep
    Shump
    And
    Jr

vCash
    DING DING DING LADIES AND GERMS WE HAVE A WINNER!!

also...is everyone on this planet forgeting that we had a shot at drafting stevenson but didnt go after him because he is abusive to women and a team cancer!
    Dude is gonna BURN OUT FAST!! JR but WORSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    I wouldn't mind mind lowery .
    He is heck of player,
    But he is short.

And lance I like, but he
    Just not consitent and I'm still up
    In the air about him.

I'd rather
    Keep
    Shump
    And
    Jr
    ONCE A KNICK ALWAYS A KNICK ALLSTAR 2013@KnicksBrooklyn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    it doesn't matter to me imo all those free agents are not better than the free agents in 2015 even if love is not available i'd still save the cap and we might still get pau if he wants to come here we can sign an trade for him and I want no parts of lowry people don't understand he puts up numbers every contract year as far as lance goes some team will definitely overpay for him if evans got 11 mill from the pelicans I can see lance getting something around there and he's not worth that much imo ntm lance and jr on the same team
    Thank you, I'm glad someone else thinks this way about Lowery. Further-more, I'm so so thankful we didn't trade for him last season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKINFL View Post
    Thank you, I'm glad someone else thinks this way about Lowery. Further-more, I'm so so thankful we didn't trade for him last season!
    Numbers aside he is one of the better defenders at his position, and almost made the all star team...even in an off year he is literally 10 times better than felton for 4-5 mil more he would be worth it absolutely IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKINFL View Post
    Numbers aside dude is one of the better defenders at this position and was almost an all-star this season...even at his worst he is 10 times the player overall than Felton for only a few mil more...To me this isn't even a question we should get this guy...on top of that he really grew into a leader for the raptors...Fisher can teach him to be more poised and how to work the triangle..

vCash
    Lowry will easily get $10-12m per, maybe even 13-14 if the Lakers get involved.

Lance 10m

gortat 10m

Pau 10m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Lance 10m

gortat 10m

Pau 10m
    exactly ther is no real big time free agent out ther all of those players will get overpaid it's just not worth it imo and I guarantee lowry will get paid more than dragic who is a free agent the following year and dragic is way better than lowry if we miss out on love and rondo im cool with dragic and m gasol 2015 just has a ton of options for us it makes no sense to give up on it for lowry or even lance

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    exactly ther is no real big time free agent out ther all of those players will get overpaid it's just not worth it imo and I guarantee lowry will get paid more than dragic who is a free agent the following year and dragic is way better than lowry if we miss out on love and rondo im cool with dragic and m gasol 2015 just has a ton of options for us it makes no sense to give up on it for lowry or even lance
    If lowry gets 10 - 12 how much will someone like bledsoe or even luol deng make?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    If lowry gets 10 - 12 how much will someone like bledsoe or even luol deng make?
    Deng kinda sucked when he went to the Cavs, I don't think he'll get more than 10m, Bledsoe will probably get max or close to it because his max is only about $13m.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Lance 10m

gortat 10m

Pau 10m
    Lance 8m

gortat 11m

Pau 8m

Yea Lowry 10-12M

is my guess

vCash
    So no chance the PHIL EFFECT can get these guys to sacrifice pay slightly for a chance to win??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast