Jarome Iginla
    Jacob Trouba
    2012 [9th overall]

or

Ryan Murray
    2012 [2nd overall]
    Well....?

vCash
    Risto: Better player now, younger, RH (Yes makes a difference) and while a little smaller plays bigger and stronger.

Girgenson: LOVE him. Really watch his game big mean and has a power offensive game.

Gibson easily. I mean I love Mrazek, love that he is the goalie prospect of my team, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Gibson...But im not very good at goalie prospects.

Spezza: Staal is over rated. To me this is the pick your poison as far as best overpaid borderline top center. Not saying he cant play 1st line but neither is elite.

Which Sam? Wow...Bennett just because of the creativity in his game. Riskier pick but also flashier and is a fun prospect to watch.

Mantha: Size wins here. I think both still have a lot to prove though.

Kopi: I think their both pretty even really, with Kopi winning for being the lesser Dbag.

Jagr: Easy

Trouba: See the Risto-Griffin comparison, pretty much same applies here.

Take Ekblad over any D prospect here tho....

vCash
    Griffin Reinhart. LHD, and potential shut down D that is ready to skate up and play for his parent club. I've been watching this kid develop for EDM Oil Kings the last couple of years and everything has improved. I don't like comparisons but he reminds me a lot of Ryan Suter. He's farther in his development than Risto, and I am not taking anything away from Risto I like him too but Reinhart is NHL ready.

Henrik Samuelsson because he's also had the more experience in juniors and will be ready for NHL play. Only thing is though, it's EDM and there is not much of a system. He's ready to play but I don't know how he will fare in EDM.

Petr Mrazek. Goalies are tough, I just happen to like Mrazek more I dunno. Gibson didn't look at amazing in the playoffs to me, seemed average.

2nd Overall pick and a shot in the nads to Isles fan. Milbury was an idiot, and still is an idiot. Spezza is more of an elite center then Staal.... SHOT IN THE NAADS.

Sam Reinhart. Bennett couldn't even do a pull up nuff said. Bennett looks like a Bailey/Schremp to me all the plays during juniors then flops at the NHL level. Bennett will not be able to keep up with the big boys.

Anthony Mantha. Even though I like Kuz a lot, Mantha's been doing great for his junior team, PWF, huge frame, etc.

Jagr. Iginla is regressing. Jagr didn't show any sign of it this yr.

Trouba because Murray is injury prone.

vCash
    Tried to clean up the format so it can be quoted...

Rasmus Ristolainen, defenseman 2013 [8th overall]
    or
    Griffin Reinhart, defenseman 2012 [4th overall]

Both are 8.0 talent and C probability players on HF. 6-4, 6-3, 202 lbs, 207 lbs. Pretty good matchup. Given that Reinhart was drafted a year earlier and still hasn't played in the NHL yet, got to give the edge to Ristolainen, even though I actually like Nikita Zadorov a lot better and think Ristolainen was a bad pick for the Sabres, who should have gotten Valeri Nichushkin instead.

Henrik Samuelsson, forward 2012 [27th overall]
    or
    Zemgus Girgensons 2012 [14th overall]

At the risk of being a "Sabres homer" with these first two picks, I think this is Girgensons all the way. He's a 7.0 B on HF, compared to a 7.5 C for Samuelsson. Another scenario where one player has made it into the NHL and the other has not. Girgensons played 70 games last season and was very good, often the best Sabres forward, not that that is saying much per se.

Petr Mrazek 2010 [141st overall]
    or
    John Gibson 2011 [39th overall]

Another tight match in terms of prospect ranking. Got to go with Gibson though because of his situation. I don't think Mrazek beats out Howard for the starting job in Detroit, while Gibson has a decent chance of starting in the near future. Mrazek has had better AHL stats, but not sure how team strength factored into that.

Eric Staal 2003 [2nd overall]
    or
    Jason Spezza 2001 [2nd overall]

I know the thread here is "going forward" and I feel like Staal probably has more "left in the tank" than Spezza, but I'd still take the higher ceiling on Spezza. Plus one of Spezza's middle names is Rocco.

Sam Reinhart 2014 [projected #2]
    or
    Sam Bennett 2014 [projected #3]

Think it is probably Reinhart here, but it is little more than a coin flip for me.

Evgeny Kuznetsov 2010 [26th overall]
    or
    Anthony Mantha 2013 [20th overall]

Got to go Mantha here. The threat of Kuznetsov going back to the KHL is too great.

Jonathan Toews 2006 [3rd overall]
    or
    Anze Kopitar 2005 [11th overall]

Kopitar has better scoring, Toews has better leadership. Pretty hard decision there. Probably lean Toews for the extra year.

Jaromir Jagr
    or
    Jarome Iginla

Going Iginla here. Younger and I haven't really been a fan of how Jagr seems to enjoy floating from team to team. I know he earned it and whatever by being good for so long but... it breaks the fourth wall on the "rivalry" thing that we like to pretend the players feel as much as we do.

Jacob Trouba 2012 [9th overall]
    or
    Ryan Murray 2012 [2nd overall]

Another solid matchup in terms of HF rankings (beginning to think that's how you did this, lol). I'd lean toward Trouba I think, except that he's listed 6-2 187 vs 6-0 201. He needs to hit the gym and size up a bit. At 6-2 210 he'll get a better hold on the puck.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Oh I'd take Toews over Kopitar btw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Jonathan Toews 2006 [3rd overall]
    or
    Anze Kopitar 2005 [11th overall]

Kopitar has better scoring, Toews has better leadership. Pretty hard decision there. Probably lean Toews for the extra year.
    False. Toews ppg was better this year (.89 to .85), last year (1.02 to .89) and career (.91 to .90).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    False. Toews ppg was better this year (.89 to .85), last year (1.02 to .89) and career (.91 to .90).
    Not really what the thread is about... but I specific said "scoring" rather than point production for basically this reason.

If I have a team already in place and I need to get more scoring, I'd plug in a guy like Kopitar. If I'm trying to build a team culture and get going, I'd plug in Toews.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Not really what the thread is about... but I specific said "scoring" rather than point production for basically this reason.

If I have a team already in place and I need to get more scoring, I'd plug in a guy like Kopitar. If I'm trying to build a team culture and get going, I'd plug in Toews.

Edit: NM
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 06-06-2014 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Rasmus Ristolainen vs.Griffin Reinhart

Henrik Samuelsson vs. Zemgus Girgensons

Petr Mrazek vs. John Gibson

Eric Staal vs. Jason Spezza

Sam Reinhart vs. Sam Bennett

Evgeny Kuznetsov vs. Anthony Mantha

Anze Kopitar vs Jonathan Toews

Jaromir Jagr vs. Jarome Iginla

Jacob Trouba vs. Ryan Murray

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

vCash
    KNQ youre taking the combine to a whole different level. Ease up.

vCash
    would you rather have Ryan McDonagh or Drew Doughty?

vCash
    Staal>Spezza BTW

vCash
    Doughty. He's a top five defenseman to me though I now have McDonagh around 10-15.

vCash
    Doughty. Even in this series he has shown to be a much better D.

2009 picks

Evander Kane
    or
    Ryan O'Reilly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Doughty. Even in this series he has shown to be a much better D.

2009 picks

Evander Kane
    or
    Ryan O'Reilly
    That's easy... Kane has been a disappointment ROR over him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast