Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Isles trade for Dan Boyle

Per Arthur Staple:

#Isles have acquired rights to D Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a conditional 2015 5th-round pick. Becomes a 4th if Boyle signs.

vCash
    Looks like we can cross of one more item off from our "what the Islanders need" board. Boyle is a Top 4 DMan and will be a very welcome addition. He will be very valuable veteran addition with all the Islanders young DMen.

Needs:
    Top goalie - check
    Top 4 DMan - check
    Top 6 winger - bring us Gaborik after he raises the Cup - after kicking some Ranger ***... Then go out and try to raise a 5th Cup on the Island

vCash
    Boyle, Lubo, De Haan, Hamonic, Hickey, Reinhart... Is that what our defense is looking like for next year? That seems solid enough. We basically needed to replace Streit as the veteran presence at the blue line and Boyle fits that description. He is pretty old though so hopefully we don't sign him for too many years.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Jim View Post
    Looks like we can cross of one more item off from our "what the Islanders need" board. Boyle is a Top 4 DMan and will be a very welcome addition. He will be very valuable veteran addition with all the Islanders young DMen.

Needs:
    Top goalie - check
    Top 4 DMan - check
    Top 6 winger - bring us Gaborik after he raises the Cup - after kicking some Ranger ***... Then go out and try to raise a 5th Cup on the Island
    We need a backup goalie too. I'd like for it to be Nabokov.

And ideally we could use two wingers, one to play on the first line with Taveres and Okposo and one to either play the 2nd or 3rd line to give us added scoring depth (good teams have scoring depth).
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Wrighteyes you pretty much nailed it though you said you wanted Boyle and we got Boyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Wrighteyes you pretty much nailed it though you said you wanted Boyle and we got Boyle
    Ha yeah I was sort of just randomly mentioning a veteran defender who can replace Streit and mentioned Boyle... and we traded for Boyle lol.

I wouldn't mind bringing back Moulson now... or someone of that caliber.
    DUDA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Ha yeah I was sort of just randomly mentioning a veteran defender who can replace Streit and mentioned Boyle... and we traded for Boyle lol.

I wouldn't mind bringing back Moulson now... or someone of that caliber.
    I don't think Moulson is going to come back

vCash
    I don't think Moulson is going to come back
    Maybe not, but I'd welcome him back. We know he works in our system with JT and KO. They have chemistry so IMO that would fill the first line requirement.

But we also need to add depth to the 2nd/3rd line.

One thing we need to make a decision about is what to do with Strome. Does he stay on the 3rd line at C or do you move him to the 2nd line to play wing along with Franz and Bailey? Ideally you want him on the 3rd line to create the type of offensive depth that good teams usually have, but on the other hand you don't want to impede his development by forcing him to play with less talented linemates on the 3rd line. This is something the Isles coaching staff and FO will have to make a decision about going into next season.

I'd love to sign a guy like Gaborik or even Vrbata... but I wouldn't be upset at all with simply bringing back Moulson. He liked it here and still has plenty of good years left in him. And most importantly, we know he won't be a bust in our system. We know what we will get from him and I feel like that type of production is good enough.
    DUDA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Maybe not, but I'd welcome him back. We know he works in our system with JT and KO. They have chemistry so IMO that would fill the first line requirement.

But we also need to add depth to the 2nd/3rd line.

One thing we need to make a decision about is what to do with Strome. Does he stay on the 3rd line at C or do you move him to the 2nd line to play wing along with Franz and Bailey? Ideally you want him on the 3rd line to create the type of offensive depth that good teams usually have, but on the other hand you don't want to impede his development by forcing him to play with less talented linemates on the 3rd line. This is something the Isles coaching staff and FO will have to make a decision about going into next season.

I'd love to sign a guy like Gaborik or even Vrbata... but I wouldn't be upset at all with simply bringing back Moulson. He liked it here and still has plenty of good years left in him. And most importantly, we know he won't be a bust in our system. We know what we will get from him and I feel like that type of production is good enough.
    Yeah, I'd welcome him back in a heart beat. He was a fan favorite.

But if this team seriously wants to compete, like you are saying they will also sign Gaborik, Vrbatta, or even Callahan to help that Brooklyn pitch and bolster the 2nd line. That's what I'd do if I was GM. Sign 2 top 6 forwards.
    Last edited by KingsnQueens7; 06-05-2014 at 05:56 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, I'd welcome him back in a heart beat. He was a fan favorite.

But if this team seriously wants to compete, like you are saying they will also sign Gaborik, Vrbatta, or even Callahan to help that Brooklyn pitch and bolster the 2nd line. That's what I'd do if I was GM. Sign 2 top 6 forwards.
    Well obviously I would love to see that happen... signing two top 6 guys. The other option is sign one top 3 guy to play on the first line and then maybe sign a solid/cheap 3rd line type while moving Strome up to the 2nd line to play with Franz and Bailey. Obviously option #1 is better, but it costs more so option #2 with moving Strome into the 2nd line is probably more realistic. As of now we really need two top 6 forwards but what I am suggesting is that Strome could essentially serve as one of those top 6 guys.
    DUDA

vCash
    what about nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Loco View Post
    I think Boston will learn what the Yankees learned a long time ago. You can't buy championships.
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yankees Rotation:

CC- I can beat anyone not leading a division
    AJ- I can beat anyone in the Little League WS
    Nova - I can beat anyone if you let me
    Colon - I have a giant clown head
    Garcia - I can throw as hard as Tim Wakefield
    Hughes- I was once a top prospect, you know.