Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Islanders acquire rights to Dan Boyle for a 5th round pick - becomes 4th if he signs

Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun
    Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 5m

#Isles have acquired rights to D Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a conditional 2015 5th-round pick. Becomes a 4th if Boyle signs.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    islanders are being aggressive, interesting to say the least. hopefully they dont think he is still a top pairing defenceman

vCash
    Garth Snow knows his job is on the line. But throwing away our future picks is not the way to go imo. Boyle is going to be an old man out there. I like the move if we can get him resigned.

vCash
    Btw loved Boyle in Tampa when he won the cup with them. But now he's on the downside of his career. He can still be a great mentor to some of our other guys if he signs.

vCash
    Love it. Snow going for it. With that said, I want Boyle in Detroit. Many seem to forget he led SJ in TOI and in points per defenseman. He's not "done".

vCash
    Defensively, he's not all that great, but he's really lethal when he creeps up into the offensive zone. Head on a swivel, and shoots like a sniper. Very smart player, woulda loved to see him back in sj
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    He is still good enough to make an impact at least for the next year or two. Islanders are trying to win next year and are finally being aggressive. They need solid vets to compliment their young talent and studs like Taveras and Okposo. Still need to sign a wing or two. But signing a goalie with upside like Halak and a solid vet defender like Boyle will help the team for next season.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Boyle was gonna test the market anyway. That's my only quirk.

vCash
    Boyle isn't going to sign there unless he wants one last big pay day. It was a waste of a resource for the Isles to make that trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Boyle isn't going to sign there unless he wants one last big pay day. It was a waste of a resource for the Isles to make that trade.
    Visnovsky re-signed.. It's possible, though I think he hits the market. A return to Tampa Bay perhaps. Detroit makes so much sense. Pittsburgh makes some sense, as does Philadelphia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Visnovsky re-signed.. It's possible, though I think he hits the market. A return to Tampa Bay perhaps. Detroit makes so much sense. Pittsburgh makes some sense, as does Philadelphia.
    That's a fair point.

Boyle is likely going to have his choice of those teams mentioned, plus a few others. Would you pick the Islanders over a chance to play for a title in Detroit and Pittsburgh?

If he signs with the Isles, it will be for one last fat paycheck and nothing more.

vCash
    5th round picks are not usually hard to get so its not a big deal. 4 years ago when the Rangers traded a 3rd round pick for Brian Boyle many fans thought we traded for Dan Boyle.

vCash
    That's a fair point.

Boyle is likely going to have his choice of those teams mentioned, plus a few others. Would you pick the Islanders over a chance to play for a title in Detroit and Pittsburgh?

If he signs with the Isles, it will be for one last fat paycheck and nothing more.
    I agree with ya. Visnovsky is owed 4.75M, and Boyle is prob gonna command north of that. Would of much rather targeted someone in FA. But what Bran said is also true... We've been good at locking up players aside from Vanek.

vCash
    That's a fair point.

You're bang on. Boyle could probably get a decent penny there opposed to contending teams asking him to take a bit less. I mentioned this on HF. I would give Boyle 2 years and 10M. I honestly would. He's a top free agent. Salaries are going up, and he's a big need. I think he's from Ottawa, so that makes sense too.

Regardless of this, I've been impressed with Garth Snow here. He's so damn inconsistent though.

Beauty re-signing - Check
    Stupid move - (Nino for Clutter)
    Beauty move
    etc
    etc

The Vanek return, Nino trade, and you can argue the first Vanek trade were bad. I personally didn't mind the Vanek-Moulson trade. That start though made it somewhat questionable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    You're bang on. Boyle could probably get a decent penny there opposed to contending teams asking him to take a bit less. I mentioned this on HF. I would give Boyle 2 years and 10M. I honestly would. He's a top free agent. Salaries are going up, and he's a big need. I think he's from Ottawa, so that makes sense too.

Regardless of this, I've been impressed with Garth Snow here. He's so damn inconsistent though.

Beauty re-signing - Check
    Stupid move - (Nino for Clutter)
    Beauty move
    etc
    etc

The Vanek return, Nino trade, and you can argue the first Vanek trade were bad. I personally didn't mind the Vanek-Moulson trade. That start though made it somewhat questionable.
    Agreed, it's not like he didn't try Vanek just was being a jerk and didn't want to resign. Snow is a good drafter, but mediocre at trades imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast