Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sterling - good news for NBA, bad news for us. Clippers are now going to be a problem

Sucks that this guy came in with the 2 billion. I mean it would have been great if he can get the Clippers out of here to Seattle, but from what most reports are saying, there is something in place that prevents him from moving the team. So now that the Clippers are free of Donald, they are going to be a much more desirable option for free agents. They have access to our same arena, and our same city (LA). Had Donald dragged things out, it would have been GREAT for us. Now that this sale seems to be going through, we have a real problem on our hands.

Combine the fact that the Clippers will have a new and much improved owner with the fact that they have a very young and powerful roster, while we are at one of our all-time weakest points, with Jimmie and Jeanie trying to learn how to run the team, and this seems like it might be the perfect storm where the Lakers could really be on the losing end for a long time.

Am I the only one concerned?
    While everyone drools over Lebron, and ponders about who is the greatest ever, how about you come with a performance like this, when playing out of position (substituting for Kareem at center), game 6 in the finals, to win the championship, during your ROOKIE season. When you do that, come talk to me.

Magic, the greatest of all time.

vCash
    With or without the Clippers this team is in a real mess, our problems got nothing to do with them.

vCash
    Lakers will probably be the Clippers *****es for the next 20 years.

vCash
    Our problems have nothing to do with the clippers, anyway the clippers will still be 2nd round exit at best.

vCash
    With or with out Sterling, Clippers still will always suck monkey balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Maaaaaagic View Post
    Sucks that this guy came in with the 2 billion. I mean it would have been great if he can get the Clippers out of here to Seattle, but from what most reports are saying, there is something in place that prevents him from moving the team. So now that the Clippers are free of Donald, they are going to be a much more desirable option for free agents. They have access to our same arena, and our same city (LA). Had Donald dragged things out, it would have been GREAT for us. Now that this sale seems to be going through, we have a real problem on our hands.

Combine the fact that the Clippers will have a new and much improved owner with the fact that they have a very young and powerful roster, while we are at one of our all-time weakest points, with Jimmie and Jeanie trying to learn how to run the team, and this seems like it might be the perfect storm where the Lakers could really be on the losing end for a long time.

deep pockets don't necessarily mean championships - look how long it took Cuban to get one with Dallas, Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder in the NFL. You really have to fear if they actually get a guy like Jerry West in the front office.

vCash
    Our FO's more of a concern for me.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post
    deep pockets don't necessarily mean championships - look how long it took Cuban to get one with Dallas, Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder in the NFL. You really have to fear if they actually get a guy like Jerry West in the front office.
    Yeah, but you guys are forgetting something. The Clippers are in LA. They have access to everything the Lakers have, including our own arena. They've also got a great coach in place, a stacked roster, the richest owner possible, and public momentum from the PC sheeple. If you were a free agent, why would you choose the Lakers over the Clippers? I actually like Mitch Cupchak, but I don't think he's a huge attraction for free agents. Our ownership certainly isn't anymore. Other than our history, what else do we have to offer now?
    While everyone drools over Lebron, and ponders about who is the greatest ever, how about you come with a performance like this, when playing out of position (substituting for Kareem at center), game 6 in the finals, to win the championship, during your ROOKIE season. When you do that, come talk to me.

Magic, the greatest of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post
    Jerry Jones? thats a pretty bad example ... he won the Super Bowl in his 4th and 5th years of owning the Cowboys...

vCash
    It's completely depressing.

I was truly hoping Sterling and the NBA would battle for months and we'd pick up an asset or two.

vCash

This kind of the sky is falling thread,because if you base your comment or your concern based on money,then you have to check Paul Allen and his Portland team. Money or picks do not necessarily turn into aoutomatic ring. Thunder has two really good players and no rings,so the draft has not produced for them yet. Clippers were set to be a relevant contender and they are fishing now. Lakers will eventually bounce back sooner or later. They have 16 reasons to continue to be the owners of LA for years to come.

vCash
    Yeah, but you guys are forgetting something. The Clippers are in LA. They have access to everything the Lakers have, including our own arena. They've also got a great coach in place, a stacked roster, the richest owner possible, and public momentum from the PC sheeple. If you were a free agent, why would you choose the Lakers over the Clippers? I actually like Mitch Cupchak, but I don't think he's a huge attraction for free agents. Our ownership certainly isn't anymore. Other than our history, what else do we have to offer now?
    There are 16 reasons and zillions of fans around the world. Lakers have the best net in the NBA in spite of cupcake and his pimp Jimbaco. It is the brand and the history behind it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Lakers will probably be the Clippers *****es for the next 20 years.
    That was the Boston before they won one again. We are going throughout a hard time,but you just went canolie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    This kind of the sky is falling thread,because if you base your comment or your concern based on money,then you have to check Paul Allen and his Portland team. Money or picks do not necessarily turn into aoutomatic ring. Thunder has two really good players and no rings,so the draft has not produced for them yet. Clippers were set to be a relevant contender and they are fishing now. Lakers will eventually bounce back sooner or later. They have 16 reasons to continue to be the owners of LA for years to come.
    WOW! Talk about a horrible example... OKC? REALLY?

The only reason they haven't won a chip to this point is BECAUSE of the LT... Do you think a Steve Ballmer owned Clippers wouldn't go over the LT to keep guys like Harden and Green? Or that he wouldn't spend his MLE every year?

OKC is the case study of what the Clippers CAN DO with an owner who doesn't care about money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    WOW! Talk about a horrible example... OKC? REALLY?

The only reason they haven't won a chip to this point is BECAUSE of the LT... Do you think a Steve Ballmer owned Clippers wouldn't go over the LT to keep guys like Harden and Green? Or that he wouldn't spend his MLE every year?

OKC is the case study of what the Clippers CAN DO with an owner who doesn't care about money
    Thunder is an example for teams that build on the draft and failed to win the rock. Read how did the comment originated. The point is that money not necessarily buy you a ring and for this thread to suggest that the Lakers are in trouble with the losers next door is just plain foolish. Lakers had great players and a great owner. Jimbaco needs to go and he must let real managers to run the team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast