Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kobe's contract has really screwed both him and us

I'd like to get you guys (and gals - yay now give me a button for being pc) feedback/opinions on this. I mean Kobe is the ultimate competitor who wants that 6th ring, yet he demands a contract that all but guarantees we won't be able to get enough support to help him contend for it. I'm a HUGE Kobe fan, but at this point he's just not worth 24 million. Actually not even close. If that's his ego talking fine, but then his ego has for once screwed his own chance at his goal.

As for us as an organization, not a lot of top free agents want to play with Kobe. If we had Kobe and someone else, that would be much more of a welcoming situation, however once we sign someone else, we run out of cap space. So this means that for the next two years with Kobe, we're basically crippled.

To me, this contract seems like a VERY very unwise decision. Your thoughts?
    While everyone drools over Lebron, and ponders about who is the greatest ever, how about you come with a performance like this, when playing out of position (substituting for Kareem at center), game 6 in the finals, to win the championship, during your ROOKIE season. When you do that, come talk to me.

Magic, the greatest of all time.

vCash
    Kobe deserves what he makes and then some. I think you shoul worry about paying a washed up Steve Nash and having a crappy GM. There is no LA Lakers without Kobe. With Kobe's contract the lakes still have plenty of cap room to sign 2 max contracts so I don't get your point?
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Blame the one(s) who gave it to him.

i will delete my psd account and stop posting here forever if the lakers make the playoffs this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Kobe deserves what he makes and then some. I think you shoul worry about paying a washed up Steve Nash and having a crappy GM. There is no LA Lakers without Kobe. With Kobe's contract the lakes still have plenty of cap room to sign 2 max contracts so I don't get your point?
    Believe me, I have been, for years now...

And Kobe does deserve his contract... whether or not it should have ever been offered to him is another issue... it shouldn't have. The crappy GM and dumb**** owner are the ones who gave him the money - he just took it... and I don't blame him one bit, really... just like I don't blame Nash for taking the money, that again, our crappy, overrated, dumb**** GM eagerly threw at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch Time View Post
    Blame the one(s) who gave it to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Believe me, I have been, for years now...

And Kobe does deserve his contract... whether or not it should have ever been offered to him is another issue... it shouldn't have. The crappy GM and dumb**** owner are the ones who gave him the money - he just took it... and I don't blame him one bit, really... just like I don't blame Nash for taking the money, that again, our crappy, overrated, dumb**** GM eagerly threw at him.

^^ Yup.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    WTF with your panic threads?

Did you wake up 6 months ago???

vCash
    Pretty sad that there wasn't even a negotion. The idiot Jimbaco just went in there and threw away 24 million a year when Kobe would have accepted substantially less. As a result, no ring for Kobe and Lakers are going to suck for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It's Maaaaaagic View Post
    I'd like to get you guys (and gals - yay now give me a button for being pc) feedback/opinions on this. I mean Kobe is the ultimate competitor who wants that 6th ring, yet he demands a contract that all but guarantees we won't be able to get enough support to help him contend for it. I'm a HUGE Kobe fan, but at this point he's just not worth 24 million. Actually not even close. If that's his ego talking fine, but then his ego has for once screwed his own chance at his goal.

As for us as an organization, not a lot of top free agents want to play with Kobe. If we had Kobe and someone else, that would be much more of a welcoming situation, however once we sign someone else, we run out of cap space. So this means that for the next two years with Kobe, we're basically crippled.

To me, this contract seems like a VERY very unwise decision. Your thoughts?
    it let's you know where the organization's head is at and Jeannie validated it with comments - the contract is set for Kobe to be one of the highest paid players, if your Kobe - you'd be stupid enough not to take it but he did no it hindered the team BUT in hindsight it's going to be a bad team none the less so might as well get paid for it and looking back, there isn't a free agent out there that would want to play for this team with Kobe no matter the "discount".

The time when fans start to realize that the next two seasons are about the Kobe Bryant retirement tour - and many have already expressed if there was a choice between Kobe traded/leaving the Lakers or being a non-contender, many would take non-contender and the Buss family know is and yet here we are as fans complaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Pretty sad that there wasn't even a negotion. The idiot Jimbaco just went in there and threw away 24 million a year when Kobe would have accepted substantially less. As a result, no ring for Kobe and Lakers are going to suck for a long time.
    really - you're Kobe, you have a potential divorce possibly looming - your on bad wheels already which his career could end at any moment and you know the team is bad so you'll take a pay cut, no you wouldn't.

He had the ability to say no, you're paying me too much but he didn't. Kobe did what we all would and should do - take the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post
    really - you're Kobe, you have a potential divorce possibly looming - your on bad wheels already which his career could end at any moment and you know the team is bad so you'll take a pay cut, no you wouldn't.

He had the ability to say no, you're paying me too much but he didn't. Kobe did what we all would and should do - take the money.
    First off, that divorce stuff was a while ago. They already made ammends with that. Second, I'm not blaming Kobe for taking the money. I'm saying it was ****ing stupid of the front office to offer him that much, when no other team could offer more than 18 million. Why would you offer a guy 24 million coming off an achillies tear, when no other team could offer more than 18 million to him, and no other team probably would have even offered that. It's ****ing insane.

vCash
    The Lakers for the next 2 yrs are for just entertainment purposes with the theme of Kobe's farewell tour. Not for championship purposes. Not sure why people don't understand this concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    The Lakers for the next 2 yrs are for just entertainment purposes with the theme of Kobe's farewell tour. Not for championship purposes. Not sure why people don't understand this concept.
    thank you - and yet the front office you're blaming, and as you said don't blame Kobe for taking the money but don't give him a pass either for NOT saying something and then complaining to the media they don't have any talent around him.

vCash
    I think the hate for Kobe and Nash's contracts is a bit overblown. Both were offered contracts fitting their production prior to signing the contracts. I honestly feel both could also play at a high enough level to help us compete next year. I think the rest at the end of last season combined with no playoffs will go a long way in 2015.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I think the hate for Kobe and Nash's contracts is a bit overblown. Both were offered contracts fitting their production prior to signing the contracts. I honestly feel both could also play at a high enough level to help us compete next year. I think the rest at the end of last season combined with no playoffs will go a long way in 2015.
    Please...Nash has played like 12 games in the past two years. Guy is done. I'm not sure what exaclty is going to happen with Kobe over the next couple years, but it wouldn't shock me at all if he missed a **** load of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd420 View Post
    it let's you know where the organization's head is at and Jeannie validated it with comments - the contract is set for Kobe to be one of the highest paid players, if your Kobe - you'd be stupid enough not to take it but he did no it hindered the team BUT in hindsight it's going to be a bad team none the less so might as well get paid for it and looking back, there isn't a free agent out there that would want to play for this team with Kobe no matter the "discount".

The time when fans start to realize that the next two seasons are about the Kobe Bryant retirement tour - and many have already expressed if there was a choice between Kobe traded/leaving the Lakers or being a non-contender, many would take non-contender and the Buss family know is and yet here we are as fans complaining
    Yeah but let's say that we agreed with Kobe for say 15 mill. You don't think that'd be more attractive to other free agents, knowing that we had the cap space to bring in TWO great players, to add to Kobe? Especially considering that you'd only have to be under Kobe's rule for two years, and in the meantime would have a GREAT shot at a ring??

Imagine us right now with just Kobe's 15 mil (and yeah, we're kinda stuck with punk-*** Nash), bringing in a good young player with the #7, and the ability to add two max players, or a max and some really good other pieces. You put Kobe in the mix with that and it's a win-win. Kobe has a legit shot to get his 6th (and/or 7th), we go immediately back into contention, and it puts more pressure on the Clippers to leave.

As it stands now however, we're stuck DEEP in the mud, and provides the Clippers all the incentive in the world to try to stay and make a push for a legitimate claim to half the city. IF that happens, it's a double-whammy because not only do you have to share your city, but every single free agent of the future now has a legit second-option which makes it twice as hard for us to bring them here.
    While everyone drools over Lebron, and ponders about who is the greatest ever, how about you come with a performance like this, when playing out of position (substituting for Kareem at center), game 6 in the finals, to win the championship, during your ROOKIE season. When you do that, come talk to me.

Magic, the greatest of all time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast