Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you make the proposed trade?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would make the trade

0 0%
  • I would not make the trade

2 66.67%
  • I'd make the trade if the Mets through in just a bit more

1 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%
    vCash

You're the GM: Daniel Murphy and Travis d'Arnaud for Lee/Pederson

This was proposed on the Mets' forum

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Murphy + D'arnaud for Pederson + Zach Lee
    This is what I said about it

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Pederson and d'Arnaud are roughly similarly valuable. The Dodgers have some definite need at catcher, but also at CF as well.

It really comes down to Lee for Murphy.
    Murphy is eligible for free agency after 2015 (I think).

So the trade comes down to is 1.5 years of Murphy more valuable than 6 seasons of Zach Lee.
    The Dodgers' 2B situation isn't great with Dee Gordon and questions about Guerrero even before the Olivo incident. The Dodgers do have depth at starting pitcher, though that immediate depth has been lessened with the struggles of Matt Magill and Stephen Fife.

What say you?

vCash
    No... (I'll explain more later, since I'm tired right now.)
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Why not just keep Pederson and not trade for D'Arnaud, Murphy for Lee might not be that bad.

vCash
    No thanks.

D'araud is pretty poor and is already 25, and we have a 2B and Guerrero. So far D'arnaud hasn't hit his own weight, he's small and doesn't have any power. He might make a nice defensive catcher.

Pederson is worth more than those 2 players combined. Murphy can hit be he's defensively poor and is prone to mental lapses, he would drive Dodger fans crazy. He made 3-4 mental mistakes in one game recently.

No way on earth I give up Pederson for these players, never mind also throwing in Lee. The Dodgers OF is a mess, the solution isn't trading away our best OF prospect for two middling players.

The Dodgers need to get Pederson up, get Crawford healthy, and of course Puig, and trade away Ethier. Then keep have Van Slyke and Kemp backup.

They're not going to trade away Pederson and definitely not for that package.
    Last edited by Artful Dodger; 06-05-2014 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    This is a terrible idea. I live in NYC and watch the Mets all the time. D'Arnaud has potential but he is doing nothing. Murphy is a decent player but nothing special. What about calling Pederson up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post
    This is a terrible idea. I live in NYC and watch the Mets all the time. D'Arnaud has potential but he is doing nothing. Murphy is a decent player but nothing special. What about calling Pederson up?
    Yay! 5 OF for 2 positions, and 40 million on the bench for some reason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Yay! 5 OF for 2 positions, and 40 million on the bench for some reason...
    The money should be immaterial. Put the best 5 guys on the field.
    I'm not convinced that's Joc. I'm not convinced it's not.

There's also the 40-man roster spot consideration. Though, Triunfel wouldn't be a huge loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    The money should be immaterial. Put the best 5 guys on the field.
    I'm not convinced that's Joc. I'm not convinced it's not.

There's also the 40-man roster spot consideration. Though, Triunfel wouldn't be a huge loss
    But it's not immaterial, not even to the dodgers.

vCash
    It's early, but on a reasonable sample size, D'arnaud is nearer to bustville than he is an everyday catcher, he's a headache for the Mets who have to give him this season. Murphy is a good hitter, but has no power, his range is poor, and people will tell you he makes plenty of goofs. He's only got one tool.

We've got a better 2B, who is dynamic, which Murphy is not. We also have good 2B prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post
    I totally agree.

vCash
    D'arnaud now @ AAA so that kills that dumb idea.

We've got better catchers than the Mets and 3 young guys close, Joc, Guerrero and Arrebeuna who are better than any hitting prospect the Mets have.

vCash
    No to the, even though part one of the dodgers restoration looks like it needs some help, the minor leagues are starting to be one of the best and getting better. Unfortunately, part 2 just takes sometime or some trades of MLB starters for prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    No to the, even though part one of the dodgers restoration looks like it needs some help, the minor leagues are starting to be one of the best and getting better. Unfortunately, part 2 just takes sometime or some trades of MLB starters for prospects
    The answers lie within not without, we just need the time, as you say until he next wave is here.

vCash
    Sounds like a trade Obama would make.